PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just few more tips if firefox related issue, dont know if you started IE or Chrome to see if java works on those

SYMPTOMS
Even after installing Java, Applets do not run.
Java is not enabled in the web browser. If Java is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to enable Java through your web browser.

Firefox
1.Start Mozilla Firefox browser or restart it if it is already running
2.At the top of the browser, select the Firefox button (or Tools menu in Windows XP), then Add-ons
The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
3.In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Plugins
4.Click Java (TM) Platform plugin to select it
5.Click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)

Use the Java plugin to view interactive content on websites | How to | Firefox Help

also you could run Microsoft Fix it just to be sure:hmm:

Thank you :D So where did the egg-day come from? LOL.

OH wait, from BIRD day? LOL ok maybe that's it?

Yea...

It started when I was really little; I had the appetite of a bird, and they teased me about it, and so the "bird-day" thing grew out of that. :D:lol:

:lol:
tumblrlu3p7nmfok1qhi6gy.png
:lol:

UberFacts‏ @UberFacts

Every year, more than 10 people are killed by vending machines.

I dont even wanna know how :doh::scratch:

just few more tips if firefox related issue, dont know if you started IE or Chrome to see if java works on those

SYMPTOMS
Even after installing Java, Applets do not run.
Java is not enabled in the web browser. If Java is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to enable Java through your web browser.

Firefox
1.Start Mozilla Firefox browser or restart it if it is already running
2.At the top of the browser, select the Firefox button (or Tools menu in Windows XP), then Add-ons
The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
3.In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Plugins
4.Click Java (TM) Platform plugin to select it
5.Click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)

Use the Java plugin to view interactive content on websites | How to | Firefox Help

also you could run Microsoft Fix it just to be sure:hmm:

Ok I tried pretty much everything. :sigh: Still nothing. This is what I see where videos are posted:

flashtroublepreview.jpg

Also I can't do anything that uses Flash, like upload photos to photobucket, view animated cards that people send, view videos on any other websites besides YT. It's just a mess. :doh:

All I want to do now I guess is just spend the $119 on Windows 7 Upgrade. It really sucks. Thanks for all your help. :hug: I'm just not that tech savvy and though I did a lot of the things you mentioned there above I just can't get it working. :hug:

Did ya try if works on chrome? If not showin on IE either, google Microsoft fix it, it's automated repair thingy:wave:

And you said that you tried alot of those things, if Microsoft fix it fails just send me a pm of what parts you didn't try or understand, I'll write a step by step guide tomorrow morning:hug:

Oh, white screen, usually addon/theme related, hold shift down when starting Firefox to get to safe mode with no addons or themes, bedtime now, just pm me :sexywink:

Twitter is so boring without Edge's tweets :sad: I miss his pics, they made me happy

Everything is boring without U2. No wonder I'm fangirling on Sherlock. Though after I watch season 2...then what? I'll be waiting for U2 and Sherlock.

ZOMG GOD Y R U SO CRUEL???

Everything is boring without U2. No wonder I'm fangirling on Sherlock. Though after I watch season 2...then what? I'll be waiting for U2 and Sherlock.

Hey! I know what you mean!
After you've watched season 2,you recover a bit and then watch it all over again and then bury yourself in Tumblr. Only way to survive until season 3.

Hey! I know what you mean!
After you've watched season 2,you recover a bit and then watch it all over again and then bury yourself in Tumblr. Only way to survive until season 3.

Tumblr got me into this mess in the first place! I was friending people who posted U2 stuff. Well, those people were big Sherlock fans and kept posting stuff.

The bummer is that I have to wait until I get the TV to myself at 10pm. Those episodes are so long....

I JUST watched Ep 3 in Season 1. What a way to leave off!

did you watch Downton Abbey? That's how I found Sherlock. I needed something to watch while I waited for season 2 of DA to be available on Netflix. Now season 2 of Sherlock has had a "very long wait" for weeks so I feel like I should just get season 1 to watch again because I can't even remember what those were about :reject:

But I'd rather have U2 any day. I hate this time in the U2 cycle where they're not in the studio so there's no news or more importantly, daily pictures of the the guys!

Look at me partying with the Edge girls on Sherlock.

I still some hints of baby Edge when I see photos

But yeah, the personality in action - not so much. Except if there was a Sherlockian memeber of U2...it'd be Edge.

Bono would be Moriarty causing trouble for everyone. But on a less murderous level.

You know more than you let on. I would have never considered smashing those names together. It was probably your blog that that made me think....what is this Sherlock? :hmm:

This message for JJ and Gg who have been trying to help me get my computer working again. So in a last ditch attempt clutching at straws I did a system restore on my computer to 4 days ago before all this started. There's no real reason it should have worked. But it did. :crack: Everything is working. FML. :doh:

But I'm not complaining! Really!! :zen: I just hope it stays this way. Geeez I hate computers. :angry:

*hugs computer* :reject:

Season 2 is awesome. I loved the finale.

Look at me partying with the Edge girls on Sherlock.

I still some hints of baby Edge when I see photos

But yeah, the personality in action - not so much. Except if there was a Sherlockian memeber of U2...it'd be Edge.

Bono would be Moriarty causing trouble for everyone. But on a less murderous level.

Boriarty? Mono? Edgederbatch? Bedgenedict?

I don't know about this.
Both of these posts made me :lmao:

And, on the subject of current infatuation: I am seriously loving Eric Clapton's music lately. (Not to mention the man himself. :shifty:) My favorite song of his as of right now? Let It Rain. Awesome song.

Okay, I'm done. :reject:

I like Eric Clapton. He's got some great songs.

I've got a soft spot for "Change the World", 'cause it makes me think of my first boyfriend.

UberFacts‏ @UberFacts

Every year, more than 10 people are killed by vending machines.

I dont even wanna know how :doh::scratch:

Darwinism at work, I suppose.

It's Comet's egg-day? (What? that's what my family calls birthdays sometimes :reject:)
:ohmy:

:lol: Egg-day?

That's cute. I like it.

(My family's weird, too, so trust me, I sympathize. Hehe.)

:lol: Well, considering my brain is usually full of Bryan Adams, U2, Doctor Who, and few other things, that might be awesome :lol:

LOL, hey, fine things to occupy one's brain, I say!

I actually forgot to mention one, and I'm not even sure it's considered a cover.... I mean, he co-wrote it, and he performs on the album version (he plays guitar)....

Anyway, song is "When The Night Comes." He only does it rarely, and apparently not since 1992. It's a very good song... :shifty:

Hm. I like that title. I'm curious now.

Yea, my favoritism has nothing to do with the song title, I swear. :whistle: :angel::p

Sure. I believe you. Yep.

I should save my money for the Ringo Starr concert anyway. :hyper:

There ya go, definitely worth your money. When is that again?

loner, liked your post as well. Yeah, the English language is all kinds of WTF sometimes.

I like Eric Clapton. He's got some great songs.

I've got a soft spot for "Change the World", 'cause it makes me think of my first boyfriend.

:yes: Eric Clapton = awesome.

:lol: Egg-day?

That's cute. I like it.

(My family's weird, too, so trust me, I sympathize. Hehe.)
:D

LOL, hey, fine things to occupy one's brain, I say!
I say so too! :hi5:

Hm. I like that title. I'm curious now.
:shifty:
Bryan Adams - When The Night Comes - YouTube

Sure. I believe you. Yep.
:shifty:

There ya go, definitely worth your money. When is that again?

July 11.

Glad it works Comet :applaud:, just one more question :hmm: did you update your firefox when it started messing around ?

sorry for bugging ya, but I just wanna know the source of the problem :lol::D

Glad it works Comet :applaud:, just one more question :hmm: did you update your firefox when it started messing around ?

sorry for bugging ya, but I just wanna know the source of the problem :lol::D

No problem! You were so nice to take the time to help. :cute:

I did update Firefox. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I also tried disabling all add-ons like Ad blocker and Download Helper but it wasn't those either. And wow I never realized how many ads people have to look at who don't use Firefox! :ohmy: I had forgotten what it was like when you had to see ads on your computer! I'm so used to there being no ads anywhere. Glad to have my adblocker back on! Yikes!
Anyway, I did my system restore back to June 21st, so I really don't know what changed after that that started all this. I just hope it doesn't happen again. Though I'm sure it probably will! :uhoh:

haha, I got football for now, but the Euro cup ends this week. And the national competition doesn't start until after the summer holidays. :sad: So what do I do in the mean time?

This message for JJ and Gg who have been trying to help me get my computer working again. So in a last ditch attempt clutching at straws I did a system restore on my computer to 4 days ago before all this started. There's no real reason it should have worked. But it did. :crack: Everything is working. FML. :doh:

But I'm not complaining! Really!! :zen: I just hope it stays this way. Geeez I hate computers. :angry:

*hugs computer* :reject:

That undid the update, so that's probably why it's fixed.

But seriously, you have Vista? :hug: You poor thing. Get Windows 7, one way or another. It's smooth and properly working like XP. Not the trainwreck of a bugged shite that Vista is.

just try to hang on vista until octoberish for windows 8 release, I like Win 7 alot but waiting for 8

Funny,I have Vista too. Never had any problems.My friend teases me endlessly about having Vista,but why fix things,when they work? I did listen to her tho' and got rid of Firefox and installed Chrome. Eternally thankful.:up:

Galeongirl said:
So uhm.. my karate teacher texted me inviting me to dinner with him, his treat.

I'm weirded out like heck.

Is he Bono old?

And my phone needs to hold on a little longer. Until iPhone 5 comes out. It's slowing dooown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom