PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I'm watching an Elton John dvd, where Mary J Blige is singing "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues." One of my many favourite EJ songs.
I heard that song last night. Definitely one of his best.

And agreed on the mention of "Your Song", and I love "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", too. He's great.

Edited to add: Speaking of older music, for some reason I'm really in the mood to listen to this right now:

I like this song.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:18 AM
I saw Elton a few years ago. Parking was a nightmare, and I was scared we'd miss the beginning. We rushed, and as we were approaching our seats, the opening of Love Lies Bleeding/Funeral For a Friend started. OMG. I had tears. And chills. And more tears. And the rest of the night was just as amazing. Can't wait to see him again. Definitely in my top 5 live acts.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Awwww. Neat.

My dad always picked "Funeral for a Friend" as his personal favorite Elton John song.

Elton and Billy Joel used to do a thing where they toured together, I recall-do they still do that every now and again? 'Cause I'd like to see that concert, I bet that would be fun.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

Bryan Adams is on this dvd, too. Sharing vocals on Sad Songs. It's not one of my favourite songs, so it's okay...but mostly the guest vocalists on this dvd need to be bitch slapped. Billy Joel on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in particular.

Tara needs to move here. I guarantee if she spent any length of time listening to Canadian radio, she would be sick of Bryan Adams, too.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #165
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
My favourite is...well, too many to list. But pretty much side one of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, among many others.
I tried that at karaoke the last time I was out, as I'd always wanted to give it a shot. I swear there were two lines before each chorus that completely stumped me, like "what the fuck is this? how does this part go???" Ha.

I'm so pissy right now. It's our busy time, my boss is out the rest of the week, I thought I was on top of everything going on, planning on taking Friday off ...... and just realized that I'm likely not going to be able to take Friday off due to an important document being due on Friday.

Okay, fine, I can take Monday off instead, no big deal. I didn't have anything planned for Friday.

But I DO have Thursday night plans. My big night of drunken karaoke buffoonery with my old college friend and the Les Miz people in town. At this point I'm going to hope for the best and see if there's any way I can have this doc done by end of day Thursday, but if not, FUCK IT, I'm going out Thursday and coming in to work slightly hung over and definitely tired, even a little late if need be.

I am NOT missing this even though it won't start until late. UGH I'M SO PISSED. I'd turn the finalization over to my cohort, but she does not have a good eye for detail and I cannot let myself let her have final sign-off on this doc. argh argh argh

I guess I could still take the day off and take care of the sign-off from home. It's better than dragging my ass in to work. I can review it on my home computer, I guess.

ARGH ARGH ARGH
Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #166
Blue Crack Distributor

Then I just kept getting annoyed by everything on my commute home. I haven't been this crab-assy in ages.

But I had a shot of vodka and I've got a loud, raucous CD blasting on the stereo, which helps.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #167
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Awwww. Neat.

My dad always picked "Funeral for a Friend" as his personal favorite Elton John song.

Elton and Billy Joel used to do a thing where they toured together, I recall-do they still do that every now and again? 'Cause I'd like to see that concert, I bet that would be fun.
I know they have since then, but not lately? He seems to tour a ton, with his regular Vegas appearances, and then travelling. There were a few Ontario dates announced for later this year, but I didn't hear about them till the day they went on sale, and by the time I checked, they were sold out. I signed up for his website/email notifications after that. I seriously adore him.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
My favourite is...well, too many to list. But pretty much side one of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, among many others.

Comet, I'm curious to hear if you know any of those Foo Fighters songs - you must!
Same here. There are just way too many awesome Elton songs. I think Elton, U2, and Green Day are the only concerts I've been to and could sing along with nearly every song. I say nearly because I don't know Elton's newer stuff, but when I saw him in the 70's or 80's for sure! (My brain is failing me at the moment when I saw him the first time. )

I'll let you know when I listen to the Foo Fighters!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #169
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Then I just kept getting annoyed by everything on my commute home. I haven't been this crab-assy in ages.

But I had a shot of vodka and I've got a loud, raucous CD blasting on the stereo, which helps.
Courtesy of my sig: It'll take you a couple of vodk-er and tonics
To set you on your feet again.

Sorry about your plans, though. That blows. They'll just have to deal with you sleepy for a day!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Oh you gotta be kidding. I suddenly only have the blank white screen again for all you tube videos. Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!!

Ug.

Gotta go make dinner. I'll be back later.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #171
Blue Crack Distributor

Cori, have you heard from/of Mike lately? I sent him a drunken PM last year rambling about how I think I might have a thing for older, cynical, Jewish men (Larry David, Donald Fagen). He never replied. LOL I don't think he's been on here since then, though. Not sure if you have him on FB?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #172
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Oh you gotta be kidding. I suddenly only have the blank white screen again for all you tube videos. Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!!

Ug.

Aw, shit. If you want me to make that list, let me know.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:

That was me earlier. One whole department was bumming me out/making my life hell.

I went to boxing class and learned how to jab and cross hit. That helped a bit.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I know they have since then, but not lately? He seems to tour a ton, with his regular Vegas appearances, and then travelling. There were a few Ontario dates announced for later this year, but I didn't hear about them till the day they went on sale, and by the time I checked, they were sold out. I signed up for his website/email notifications after that. I seriously adore him.
Agh, so frustrating when that happens. That's a shame, but hopefully you'll get a chance again down the line .

to Cori. That really sucks.

But I'm with you, I'd go out Thursday night anyway. Whatever you decide to do Friday, I think it'll probably be less irritating to deal with if you have fun memories from the night before to think of to pass the time.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #175
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Cori, have you heard from/of Mike lately? I sent him a drunken PM last year rambling about how I think I might have a thing for older, cynical, Jewish men (Larry David, Donald Fagen). He never replied. LOL I don't think he's been on here since then, though. Not sure if you have him on FB?
Yeah, he took a break from FB for a while, but came back. I'm pretty sure he's gone from this place for good though, after a few breaks. Seems like he's doing well.

He probably didn't get that PM - he's been off the site for a while. So don't feel too neglected.

I realized I forgot to name my favorite Elton songs. I have a bunch.

My favorite cover of an Elton song is Sinead O'Connor's version of Sacrifice, which is frickin' gorgeous.

I'm bummed that Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters is nowhere to be found on the two-disc best of set I have. WTF, you couldn't bump one of his lesser 80s songs for that classic?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #176
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post

Ug.

your user name comes up when I searched and I still see all of your uploaded videos.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #177
Blue Crack Distributor

My favorite Elton songs:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
The Bitch Is Back
I'm Still Standing (it's cheesy but I love it)
This Train Don't Stop There Anymore

.... it's listed as "There" on my CD, but isn't it "Don't Stop HERE Anymore"???? Weird.

The only non-greatest-hits CD of his I own is Tumbleweed Connection, which is great.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #178
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Yeah, he took a break from FB for a while, but came back. I'm pretty sure he's gone from this place for good though, after a few breaks. Seems like he's doing well.

He probably didn't get that PM - he's been off the site for a while. So don't feel too neglected.

I realized I forgot to name my favorite Elton songs. I have a bunch.

My favorite cover of an Elton song is Sinead O'Connor's version of Sacrifice, which is frickin' gorgeous.

I'm bummed that Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters is nowhere to be found on the two-disc best of set I have. WTF, you couldn't bump one of his lesser 80s songs for that classic?
Where is he now? I know he was thinking about grad school, but then was thinking about going back to FOX, or he did? He's bounced around a bit. What city did he end up in? I should probably just get Facebook...

I have the EJ Dream Ticket 4 dvd set, but only ever watch the first disc, the NYC show. What is your set called?

Bonus - just started, on mine, Kiki Dee makes and appearance for Don't Go Breakin' My Heart, yay!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #179
Blue Crack Distributor

He's down in the LA area. He was here in Seattle for a temporary gig for a few months a year or so ago, but he was so busy we never got to meet up. (Or he just really didn't want to hang with me, but I like the first answer better.)

Now he's down there doing ...... uh ...... something along the same lines of his usual gigs, I think.

My Elton CD is just Greatest Hits 1970-2002. It's a good collection, save for the Mona Lisa song being missing. Really, I would have happily taken that over frickin' Island Girl.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #180
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
My favorite Elton songs:

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Rocket Man
The Bitch Is Back
I'm Still Standing (it's cheesy but I love it)
This Train Don't Stop There Anymore

.... it's listed as "There" on my CD, but isn't it "Don't Stop HERE Anymore"???? Weird.

The only non-greatest-hits CD of his I own is Tumbleweed Connection, which is great.
I remember This Train for Justin Timberlake, who rocked the video.

I'm Still Standing is awesome, so there!

Besides GYBR side one, my faves include Someone Saved My Life Tonight. I love so many of his songs that favourites are interchangeable, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something important.

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word was never a favourite of mine till I heard him do it live. Omg, I had chills, it was amazing.

Tags
adam crumbs, bono bites, bono™, buzz, edge tidbits, egg day, jj's next, larry nibbles, never too much bono, pgp, pong!, sherlock talk, thora's employed!!!, tumbleweed city, viva las vegas, we ♥ elton