PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you seem to be so slow :rolleyes: :wink: yeah, we have this program at work that runs from August till approximately March that they always hire data entry people for. I thought she'd probably stay in Waterloo and find a job for the next year, but she said she wanted to come home, and asked me if my place was hiring. I told her about this one program (my work bff runs it, and I'm good friends also with the manager that hires people for it) nd she said it would be perfect for her. I talked to the manager a week ago, and he seemed as if he'd hire her for sure, so we submitted her resume.

It's data entry, boring as fuck, but the manager told me he would accommodate any days off she'd need for school work, or adjust her hours to suit her, if she's a good worker.

So, the current challenge is to find her a room in this house before August. :happy:

It's nice they'll work around her school needs, not a ton of places will do that.
Sounds like a win-win overall, even if it isn't the most enthralling work. And you kids can like, hang out and do lunch like mo-fo adults! ;)

And I'm sure it'll be nice to have her around more often!
Even if she apparently will have to sleep on your lawn.

Dare I ask.......what happened to her room?
Have the cats staged a coup?

ETA:
Ooo look, 35,600 posts! A round number! Should we celebrate?
Remember the days when hitting 10k was impressive? :lol:

ETA2:
Omg, I just saw the tags on this thread! Adorable! (especially the thora's employed!♥ one!...and bono bites :flirt:)

Thanks!! :) It's so great. I'm really excited. I'm not so intimidated any more, so that's good.

So my foodie/beer/wine event wasn't what I'd expected. :sigh: There was good stuff there, but I ended up leaving early.

Oh well, more time to drink my own booze at home! :lol:

ETA - and I see I've arrived in time for the party! :cabbagepatch:

Sorry your food thing didn't turn out the way you wanted it...but YAY NEW JOB!!!!

Maybe he was laying the groundwork for international kissing day? :sexywink:

After all, you are my clone and we are irresistible. :wink:

Oh you :flirt:
Maybe we should make good on it! On your week off, perhaps try and meet up...someplace in the Hammer as it's sorta in between??

And I'm mostly good. Frankly, there's not been a lot of change on this front. I may be in some sort of limbo ....maybe the higgs boson got me. :hmm: Just wrapped up an insane month of tutoring the other week, with the end of the school year. Now I've been using the spare time to do some organizing, catch up on some reading that had piled up (I had a million tabs of articles I've been meaning to get to....for months. lol )

How's your neck of the woods? How are the kitties?

That would be awesome to meet up!!! At this point, I'm thinking the last full week of July? If you have any ideas, let me know!

The kitties are amazing. My 7 children who shed fur constantly, and I have to clean up their bathroom activities...other than that, they're awesome. :lol: How are the pups?

Yes you have! WOO! :hyper:

And I'm glad you're feeling more settled. :hug: I told you, you'd rock it!
Also, sorry to hear about the fall. Ouchie! I do that sort of stupid thing all the time. On more than one occasion, I've taken a corner too sharp and my belt loop has gotten caught on a door. :FAIL:

Thanks! I often think less of my abilities, and don't think I'll live up to expectations.

Funnily enough this morning I noticed a bruise. :lol: It's not big or gross looking, but it's still a mark. :lol: Klutzes, unite! :hi5:

ETA:

ETA2:
Omg, I just saw the tags on this thread! Adorable! (especially the thora's employed!♥ one!...and bono bites :flirt:)

Partay!!

Yeah, the tag for me was so sweet. :love:

Sorry your food thing didn't turn out the way you wanted it...but YAY NEW JOB!!!!

Eh, it's okay. I'll survive. I had SOME good food and drinks, and will write a fair review of it on my website. It's all good.

YAY NEW JOB!!!!

That would be awesome to meet up!!! At this point, I'm thinking the last full week of July? If you have any ideas, let me know!

The kitties are amazing. My 7 children who shed fur constantly, and I have to clean up their bathroom activities...other than that, they're awesome. :lol: How are the pups?

Yay!! :hyper:
That would work for me. I'm generally pretty open. And I am idea-less at the moment, but if I see any interesting events coming up, I'll def let you know.

And "cookie dog" (as Em calls her) is her usual crazy self. Spoiled rotten at this point, but adorable as heck. The heat's hard on her, but I keep dipping her in the pool. I think she appreciates it......kinda. :lol:

It's nice they'll work around her school needs, not a ton of places will do that.
Sounds like a win-win overall, even if it isn't the most enthralling work. And you kids can like, hang out and do lunch like mo-fo adults! ;)

And I'm sure it'll be nice to have her around more often!
Even if she apparently will have to sleep on your lawn.

Dare I ask.......what happened to her room?
Have the cats staged a coup?

ETA:

Yay for all the posts!! I remember those days. From my first 6 months. :lol:

We have three bedrooms. One is mine. One is Sarah's. Her bedroom became the cat's room, when one of our boys developed bladder problems and had to be put on a special diet. What we generally do it put him in that room for the night with his special food. he's used to it.

My room is filled with crap from when my mom moved. I can barely move in it.

The third room used to be our den/computer room/storage. Since my dad's elderly aunt passed away and left a ton of crap, and my mom moved, that room is filled with their stuff. Needs a serious cleaning out/downsizing. :scream:

Thanks! I often think less of my abilities, and don't think I'll live up to expectations.

Funnily enough this morning I noticed a bruise. :lol: It's not big or gross looking, but it's still a mark. :lol: Klutzes, unite! :hi5:

Partay!!

Yeah, the tag for me was so sweet. :love:

Eh, it's okay. I'll survive. I had SOME good food and drinks, and will write a fair review of it on my website. It's all good.

YAY NEW JOB!!!!

Self doubt is the enemy of success.
Or something like that.

I totally understand the feeling, but I *know* you are amazing. :hug: And the job sounds really interesting too! Double bonus. :)

And woohoo, may our bruises bind us! :hi5:

Yay for all the posts!! I remember those days. From my first 6 months. :lol:

We have three bedrooms. One is mine. One is Sarah's. Her bedroom became the cat's room, when one of our boys developed bladder problems and had to be put on a special diet. What we generally do it put him in that room for the night with his special food. he's used to it.

My room is filled with crap from when my mom moved. I can barely move in it.

The third room used to be our den/computer room/storage. Since my dad's elderly aunt passed away and left a ton of crap, and my mom moved, that room is filled with their stuff. Needs a serious cleaning out/downsizing. :scream:

I have but one thing to say.........:yikes:

Sounds like you need a garage sale, and ooo! one of those POD things!

ETA:
Also, poor kitty. Is he ok? Nothing too serious is it....just needs a special diet?

Self doubt is the enemy of success.
Or something like that.

I totally understand the feeling, but I *know* you are amazing. :hug: And the job sounds really interesting too! Double bonus. :)

And woohoo, may our bruises bind us! :hi5:

I know I'm a good/hard worker (aka workaholic), and learn things easily, but yeah. I gotta stop with the self doubt. I'm awesome! Yay me!! :lol:

Aww, you're so sweet. :love: Thank you!! Yes, the job is SO interesting. I've only been at it for 2 days, and I think it's going to be great. I've already started jumping in on a huge event that I'll be helping to run in a few weeks. It's a weekend long event, and there's a TON of stuff to be done for it. Today I was helping to design the t-shirts that will be given to attendees, and I worked a bit on updating/modernizing the website a little bit, just to name a few things. :) I like!!

I have but one thing to say.........:yikes:

Sounds like you need a garage sale, and ooo! one of those POD things!

ETA:
Also, poor kitty. Is he ok? Nothing too serious is it....just needs a special diet?

Bladder issues can be extremely serious/life threatening in male cats. Fortunately we caught his in time, and he responded very well to the prescription food, making surgery not necessary. But, with 7 cats, it's hard to have just one on a special diet, especially when they're used to being free fed. So, at night, we put him in the room with his food, and leave the others out with their food.

The cat that this happened to, Max, is super smart. Not that the rest are dumb (okay, they really are...) but Max seems so exceptionally smart that I almost think he understands why he needs to be isolated every night, even thought he doesn't like it. But if he doesn't get put up there for a night, he seems out of sorts.

Bladder issues can be extremely serious/life threatening in male cats. Fortunately we caught his in time, and he responded very well to the prescription food, making surgery not necessary. But, with 7 cats, it's hard to have just one on a special diet, especially when they're used to being free fed. So, at night, we put him in the room with his food, and leave the others out with their food.

The cat that this happened to, Max, is super smart. Not that the rest are dumb (okay, they really are...) but Max seems so exceptionally smart that I almost think he understands why he needs to be isolated every night, even thought he doesn't like it. But if he doesn't get put up there for a night, he seems out of sorts.

Is there a specific cause of his issue? or is it just "one of those things" that just sorta happens with no apparent rhyme or reason?
And whew for avoiding the surgery! With 7 kitties, vet bills must be pretty costly even without major issues.

Is there any way he could be crated or something? Or he and S can just share the bed. :wink:

Is Max the one that sorta looked like Figaro??
2.jpg

Is there a specific cause of his issue? or is it just "one of those things" that just sorta happens with no apparent rhyme or reason?
And whew for avoiding the surgery! With 7 kitties, vet bills must be pretty costly even without major issues.

Is there any way he could be crated or something? Or he and S can just share the bed. :wink:

Is Max the one that sorta looked like Figaro??
2.jpg

Vet bills :yikes: When he was diagnosed, with just the most basic of tests, I think it was around $900? So yeah, good health vibes for all my cats would be appreciated. :wink:

He and Sarah may end up sharing a room, if I don't get my ass moving. :yikes:

Vet bills :yikes: When he was diagnosed, with just the most basic of tests, I think it was around $900? So yeah, good health vibes for all my cats would be appreciated. :wink:

He and Sarah may end up sharing a room, if I don't get my ass moving. :yikes:

:yikes: indeed to vet bills.
Hell, just a regular check-up with some shots can set you over 100 (for a pup at least, I'm sure kitties are similar).

And I'm sending lots of good vibes to all of your family, furry and otherwise. :heart:

And pft, she loves the cats. She won't mind. ;)

That's a handsome face!

:hmm:
That's def worth considering!!
Do they have a minimum length of stay and/or how long is she planning on staying?

That's an...active face! Until the past month or two, he reminded me of a kid with adhd...extremely curious and just way too smart for a cat. And, he would act out for attention. He doesn't do it so much lately, so I don`t know if it`just a calm phase, or if he really has changed.

Sarah is not sure of either time, but she will look into it!

That's an...active face! Until the past month or two, he reminded me of a kid with adhd...extremely curious and just way too smart for a cat. And, he would act out for attention. He doesn't do it so much lately, so I don`t know if it`just a calm phase, or if he really has changed.

Sarah is not sure of either time, but she will look into it!

Def keep me posted! I'm not sure what I'll be up to, but I'd certainly be interested. And it would be fun to go with a friendly face. :)

Altho how is she with insects? I'd love her more if she'll save me from spiders. :wink:

Well, not acting out is certainly a good thing. I'm sure your furniture appreciates it. And perhaps he's just mellowing. Oreo has, to an extent. lol

U2 fanfest *g* Organized on here but mostly on Facebook... Friday night is drinking (at two different bars for those of us there early enough ;)), Saturday night is the show at the Hard Rock on the Strip... Elevation is doing AB (plus a couple songs) and Joshua Tree is doing JT (plus a couple songs). Then those of us who paid for Clawfest tickets (will also be getting tshirts and lanyards) get into an afterparty where we voted on the 30 songs we'd most like to hear (that aren't on AB or JT) - with an email poll that narrowed it down to the songs the two bands will be playing for us :D Can't wait to see what the afterparty setlist will be given the top songs on the Facebook vote! :hyper:

EdgeFest is going (Lori-Jo), Maryann is going, Jessica (bellydancer Jessica) and Paul are going, a few of the other U2GTAers are going, some people I met on the tour last year are going, plus a bunch of people I'm not going to be meeting until Fri/Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom