PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was about what our flights cost in '09 - around $100 each. Pretty fabulous! :up:

I don't know what's going to happen with Hawaii this Christmas. I won't be able to take ANY time off in December, except for the holiday days they'll give us. On our second time going there, I could only get 3 days off of work, so I just went for the weekend. :lol: We'll see what happens. I'm not going to think about the possibility that it might not happen. *denial*

Aw, that would be really really sad if your whole family could go and you had to stay and work. Maybe they could pick someplace closer this year?

Fun! :hi5:

There are often fabulous seat sales to Vegas flying out of an airport just across the border (which funnily enough is closer to me than the Vancouver one is), so I look every now and then just for fun. I won't be able to take any kind of vacation or time off for the next year, but that's totally okay. :D

Oddly enough there was only about a $60 difference between flying out of TO and flying out of Buffalo - not worth buying the bus ticket and dealing with the border hassle... I go through customs for the States at Pearson and my life is much easier *g* My flight - one stopover each way - and hotel for three nights with taxes and everything only cost $763 on Expedia (they had a 40% off flight + hotel sale, I got a $140 discount).

Aw, that would be really really sad if your whole family could go and you had to stay and work. Maybe they could pick someplace closer this year?

Oh, they wouldn't go without me! My parents have been threatening to stop this tradition for years now. :lol: It's awesome and we always have a great time, but my dad really wants to spend the holiday at their home. We've NEVER spent a Christmas there, ever. :lol: Before we started the Hawaii tradition, we would spend the holiday with my mom's side of the family in Seattle. I think he just really wants to be at home, as much as he (and we all) love Hawaii. :)

So if anything we'd skip the trip and just have Christmas at my parents' place. That would be fine, but of course I'd miss the sun. I'd probably plan a trip on my own at a different time, then. Maybe for a long weekend or something. :)

Oddly enough there was only about a $60 difference between flying out of TO and flying out of Buffalo - not worth buying the bus ticket and dealing with the border hassle... I go through customs for the States at Pearson and my life is much easier *g* My flight - one stopover each way - and hotel for three nights with taxes and everything only cost $763 on Expedia (they had a 40% off flight + hotel sale, I got a $140 discount).

Glad you got a good deal! :up:

Since I live just a few minutes away from the border, I often fly out of that border city instead of Vancouver. Sometimes it saves me upwards of $100 or more. It all depends, though. Gotta do my research every time I go somewhere, because depending on where I'm flying to, I have my choice of 4 airports within a 2.5 hour drive.

Oooookay. And we're back to creepy. :|

Just got a text from him this afternoon(only just got in). Happy holidays, I already miss you.

What. The. FUCK?????? :crack:

Gg....he's a super creep. I miss you already? You should text back 'you must be have confused with your WIFE'.

So, today was Lil' G's birthday party. Her actual birthday is Tuesday, but we had the party today at my sister-in-law's house. We rented a huge inflatable water slide that she was scared of at first. Some will remember my internet fail with my sister. Well, she said she was coming until today when 'something happened' and couldn't come. It boils down to this - they were at her in-laws (which they do every year - including last year when she missed my daughter's birthday AGAIN). Either she didn't feel like leaving to come to the party OR her husband didn't feel like leaving. I was annoyed. However, my mom came and was very pleasant. It was nice. I was a chicken with its head cut off, but lil' G had a great time.

Window shopped at Priciest Macy's Ever in Marin. I had the highest level of about-to-cry-in-a-department-store blues I've ever had, including when I was a toddler.

Now I'm back in the shade, though, in a room that smells like lavender :heart:

I hope I'll be able to find less expensive things around SF tomorrow (likely) and in a timely fashion before the concert!

And apparently I look a lot like Joan Jett. Minus the hair. :hmm:

GR, kids' parties can be sooooo stressful. You always want everything to be PERFECT! :hug: Want a beer? I've got an extra.

Katie, There are some GREAT thrift stores in SF, but there are also some REALLY spendy boutiques too. Good luck! (There's always Gap and Old Navy and H&M!)

Yeah, I'm not going to be frequenting the spendy boutiques...Old Navy stuff always unravels for me after a few washes though. H&M maybe. But definitely record stores.

One of the local channels here is airing the Canada Day fireworks from Vancouver. Oh my god the music is SO incredibly horrible!!! I don't know if the music I'm hearing is what the crowd is hearing, but if it is? I feel so sorry for them. SO fucking boring and yawn-inducing. I had to take a short video, just to mock. Plus, the TV camera focusing on the fireworks was constantly out of focus. Most boring fireworks EVER. And I LOVE fireworks! Such a shame. At least we have a fabulous fireworks competition at the end of the month that is truly spectacular. At least I have that to look forward to.

Okay, the finale was cool looking, but still. Shitty music galore. :tsk: Such a shame.

I just found out the one dress I did like at Nordstrom's (which was apparently dry clean only because polypainintheasster) basically has a machine washable clone at Forever 21...:hmm:

I will find it and do my best to wear this dress to the concert, dammit

Grace, aw, sorry about the whole thing with your sister. That sucks. I am glad that your daughter had a good time overall, though (and happy early birthday to her, too!).

Thora, LOL, aw, that does sound pathetic. I'm dying to know what the shitty music was they played, though.

Gg....he's a super creep. I miss you already? You should text back 'you must be have confused with your WIFE'.

So, today was Lil' G's birthday party. Her actual birthday is Tuesday, but we had the party today at my sister-in-law's house. We rented a huge inflatable water slide that she was scared of at first. Some will remember my internet fail with my sister. Well, she said she was coming until today when 'something happened' and couldn't come. It boils down to this - they were at her in-laws (which they do every year - including last year when she missed my daughter's birthday AGAIN). Either she didn't feel like leaving to come to the party OR her husband didn't feel like leaving. I was annoyed. However, my mom came and was very pleasant. It was nice. I was a chicken with its head cut off, but lil' G had a great time.

Heh. Nice one.

Pretty nasty that your sister didn't come at the last minute, but good that your mom was there. :) And that little G had fun, that's what it boils down to, right?

abd-252.gif

Thora, LOL, aw, that does sound pathetic. I'm dying to know what the shitty music was they played, though.

It was music with no lyrics. It was zen, low-key twinkly kind of stuff - like what you'd hear at a spa or something. It was NOT what you'd expect to hear from a fireworks show, which has me believing that what I was hearing on TV wasn't what the crowd was hearing. I don't know. It was just so weird and awful. :lol:

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one noticing that. Why me, I wonder. I've attracted weirdo's and creeps since my teens, what am I doing wrong? :crack:

You're doing nothing wrong, I'm sure. Guys can just be creepers. I've attracted my fair share of them in the past. Although it was mainly married guys - I seemed to be a magnet for married men for some reason. :lol: Haven't had any weirdos attracted to me in a long time, though, which is nice. Hopefully that will stop for you soon as well!

:( my poor cat just noticed my suitcase. She knows what that means and she's not quite happy. Ugh, I feel so guilty leaving her behind every time.

Some days are better than others Zu, you can't always give 100% every day. :hug:

Glad I'm not the only one Thora! :uhoh: Though I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

:( my poor cat just noticed my suitcase. She knows what that means and she's not quite happy. Ugh, I feel so guilty leaving her behind every time.

Some days are better than others Zu, you can't always give 100% every day. :hug:

Glad I'm not the only one Thora! :uhoh: Though I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

How long are you going to be gone for? I don't know anything about cats, but will she be happy when you get back? I know dogs get excited to see people again, but I kinda have the feeling that cats don't. :lol:

It hasn't been too bad for me. I can't remember the last time anyone was interested in me, married or otherwise, so it's all good. I'm SO much happier on my own anyway. :D

a week. She'll either be happy, or she'll have protested by barfing in my room or something. She did that last week when I was gone for one day. :lol: Cats are more vicious than dogs.

Last time for me... toss up between douche from uni or shrimp creep. :crack: Neither were a good option.

Well, not ALL boys, JJ. :wink:

There's a thread on the forum that's called "I'm selling boys!" I was disappointed to find out it wasn't humans that this person has for sale. :tsk: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom