PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:
Well I have no idea since I don't eat tacos from those places since they aren't real tacos. :p

and I know for sure if a chain like that did sell fish tacos I wouldn't go anywhere near them! :yikes:

You gotta have it with fresh fish and fresh salsa in a fresh tortilla. That's the only way. :drool:

I guess I never really thought about it but if you don't live near the oceans or lakes can you even get fresh fish? :ohmy:

Living in New England, I've only had facos (fake tacos). I grew up on Taco Hell and Taco Faker. Or El Paso home kits.

I may need to look at Old Navy. I'm all about dresses lately.

Yup, you missed it. :D There's a lot of chat about in the last few pages, if you're interested. Otherwise the long and short of it is that I got the job yesterday, and I start next week. SOOO excited!! :hyper:

And thanks for the PM, zu. I'm SO sorry I spaced and didn't get back to you earlier today like I promised. :doh: :reject:

:reject: I was to lazy to catch up, usually nothing much happens. Figures I'd miss something important sooner or later.

:) I'm really happy for you, sounds brilliant!

Living in New England, I've only had facos (fake tacos). I grew up on Taco Hell and Taco Faker. Or El Paso home kits.

Oh but you must get some good fish there! Didn't you ever make fish tacos? I actually ate Taco Bell too in High School, but we got the burritos. Jack in the Box makes probably the worst tacos on the planet, but my husband adores them. They are a breed unto themselves. :hmm:

We do get fish but we do very anglo-saxon type things to them here. There's just not a lot of Mexican influence up this way. It's getting better - more authentic Mexican/Spanish restaurants are opening. But as a kid.....it was Jack in the Box (which has all but left here I think), Taco Bell and Taco Maker.

Comet, what are you doing up???

Yup, you missed it. :D There's a lot of chat about in the last few pages, if you're interested. Otherwise the long and short of it is that I got the job yesterday, and I start next week. SOOO excited!! :hyper:

And thanks for the PM, zu. I'm SO sorry I spaced and didn't get back to you earlier today like I promised. :doh: :reject:

No prob. You've been busy being super excited, as well you should be!

Well I have no idea since I don't eat tacos from those places since they aren't real tacos. :p

and I know for sure if a chain like that did sell fish tacos I wouldn't go anywhere near them! :yikes:

You gotta have it with fresh fish and fresh salsa in a fresh tortilla. That's the only way. :drool:

I guess I never really thought about it but if you don't live near the oceans or lakes can you even get fresh fish? :ohmy:

I used to only eat seafood if I could see the ocean (basically if I was in SF or SoCal) but I buy it quite often here.

One forgets, living so near the border, that elsewhere in the world, Mexican food is godawful! :barf: My uncle took us to a "Mexican" restaurant in Seattle once... it was atrocious. But I'm sure there are things we don't make well down here... maybe cheesesteaks or something :shrug: :lol:

Cool. I need to get my daughter's birth sign with her name on my hip, cuz she owns those puppies now. And 26.2 on my foot for the marathon I ran.

Now I think I´ve seen it all

Was resting on my hammock and noticed a woodpecker in my garden, just standing there proudly looking like he owns the place, few moments later female one came and started feeding him and flew away and came back again to feed him.

Male one just basicly stood there looking like: This is my place, I am the king of this garden :lol:

My karate teacher is messaging me again... if I'll be there tonight and shite... well, I will, because I want to train again. Hope he'll behave. :crack:

It's disturbing how he's acting like some friend or whatever.

Well he's not doing much wrong per se, though he did go out of line alst time. He's only asked if I'm going to be there tonight at training. Though he commented that I responded quickly, to which I said that I still had my phone in hand as I was talking just now.. he asked to whom. :doh: Why on earth would I want to tell YOU that dude. You're not my friend.

Sensei Creepy is the kind of guy who winds up being arrested for molesting girls under 17. I wonder if he is like that with all his female students

:lol: Sensei Creepy, that's awesome!

Well I don't think he is. I mean, I'm pretty much the only girl in our adult group, there's two others that sometimes come but usually train with the kids as they are essentially still kids.

Creepy bell GG

damn birds are too fast for me, wonder if I give em vodka, do they fly slower ? or I need to wear a helmet after that :lol:

Theres an annual 10 km run for women here, which has like 30k runners in it, now men made an event to themself, it´s 100m dash in walking street, which starts at ATM where all competitors take 100 €, there´s food, beergardens and so on, no time limit, winners will be picked by judges

damn, it´s full already, cant enter :sad:

Held in Rovaniemi on the first weekend of August
The second Men’s One Hundred – a tribute to the Queen Mother

The Men’s One Hundred, having already become a tradition, will be held in Rovaniemi in August. This year’s event will be held in loving memory of the Queen Mother, Queen consort of the United Kingdom on her birthday 4 August 2012. The grand prize for the sprinting competition is a trip to the Närpes Tomato Carnival.

Last summer, the Men’s One Hundred claimed its position as one of the top fun events arranged in summertime Rovaniemi. Around 300 great roars could be heard in the pedestrian precinct with a couple of thousand spectators cheering on the sprinting competitors. The next Men’s One Hundred will be held on the first weekend of August at Lordi Square in the Rovaniemi town centre. This time the event commemorates the birthday of the late Queen Mother, as the date for the event is the Queen Mother’s birthday on 4th August.

For years, women in Finland have arranged their own long-distance running events. Now it is time to reset the balance in this field of sport. Perhaps one of the most gruelling competitions in the history of the world, the Men’s One Hundred – covering a distance of 100 metres, starts from Lordi Square. This traditional event, arranged for the men already the second time around, will have a mass start. There is no immediate rush to arrive at the finish line, as a lack of fluids can take down even the fittest of competitors. In order to maintain the liquid intake, it is recommended for runners to stop at the official drinking points during and after the race.

The grand prize takes the winner to the world’s longest table of tomatoes
Everyone participating in the Men's One Hundred has the chance to be the winner. The highly esteemed panel of judges will be choosing the winner, who will not be given a car this year, but almost a holiday abroad. The prize is a trip for two people to the town of Närpes, well known as Finland’s tomato town. Around 75 percent of Finland’s tomatoes and around 35 percent of cucumbers come from Närpes. With its population of approximately 9,500 inhabitants, 35 different nationalities are represented. The majority of inhabitants, i.e. over 90 percent, speak Swedish as their native language. Nevertheless, the strong dialect spoken in Närpes is understood by very few Swedes living in Sweden, not to mention the Finns.

The annual Tomato Carnival is the town’s most popular and biggest event, bringing people to gather around the world’s largest table of tomatoes.

Come and make history by participating in the traditional Men’s One Hundred!
Registration costs 20 € and includes the official competition shirt and three refreshing drinks on the competition day.
The shirt acts as the admission ticket to the race. Drinks can be redeemed on the day of the event.

Just texted me again, asking if i"m gonna be careful tonight. :crack: No you idiot, I'm going to break my fucking back again. WTF?

Now he's asking if I wanna help teaching karate in the future. Uhm.... right now I'll go for no.

They had lots of cute stuff when I went in there yesterday. :up: I saw some stuff on their website that wasn't in the store that I'm very tempted to buy. I never buy clothes online, because I'm a weird shape and need to try things on before I buy them. I'm sure it would be really easy to return if it doesn't work out, but we'll see.

I love love love any kind of seafood. Growing up in Vancouver, we are SO spoiled with the amazing seafood around here. The ocean was my front yard for most of my growing up years, so we'd drive our boat right up to the fish boats that were selling their catch, and get it just hours after it'd been caught. I could live on seafood and veggies alone and be a very very happy woman. :)

:reject: I was to lazy to catch up, usually nothing much happens. Figures I'd miss something important sooner or later.

:) I'm really happy for you, sounds brilliant!

No worries! Now you know. :) Thanks!!

No prob. You've been busy being super excited, as well you should be!

:)

Oh and guess who has an appointment with whom many consider to be the best tattoo artist (in a town with a TON of tattoo artists)? :shifty:

I'm going to get the four words for love in Greek in a circle either around my existing tattoo or on my shoulder.

Cool!! :hi5:

I slept until 9:30 this morning. :crack: This is good - usually if I'm out until 2, I can't even fall asleep. I was wise to pop some melatonin when I got home, I think.

Last night was fun, if nothing earth-shattering. I'm not sure what I was expecting. :lol: The people there were a mix of crew people and ensemble players. The gal who plays Cosette was singing a lot, and Valjean was there, but didn't sing. By the time the last hour rolled around, it was pretty much all musical theater stuff. It got old pretty quickly. Ha.

There was an ensemble girl who did, however, do Britney's Baby One More Time in the most awesome and hilarious Britney Spears imitation I have ever heard. It was a thing of wonder.

Really fun to spend some time with my friend. :)

:grumpy: Damn lucky you JJ. I still don't have it!

okay my teacher didn't do anything weird tonight.. might've helped that his wife and son were there, his kid trained with us for a bit. Blugh. It's annoying to not be able to do what you're used to. I can hardly kick or lift my leg still. Found out I can't jump either.

Galeongirl said:
:grumpy: Damn lucky you JJ. I still don't have it!

okay my teacher didn't do anything weird tonight.. might've helped that his wife and son were there, his kid trained with us for a bit. Blugh. It's annoying to not be able to do what you're used to. I can hardly kick or lift my leg still. Found out I can't jump either.

Luckily he was not weirdly tonight.

There is a guy wearing the most brilliant wig on the train. No way is it his hair. If it is....it's a Bee Gee in deep disguise. And I think he thinks I'm checking him out. I am...just not in a way you'd be flattered.

Thank fuck this week is over! I need beers. Now to prepare myself for lil G's party this weekend.

Went to the Gap. They MUST engage in vanity sizing. No way I'm a medium in dresses all of a sudden. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom