PGP: Waiting for some Crumbs From U2's Table - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Oh and Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters. That's the song I used to entice my kids to become Elton fans years ago when as kids they really only knew his Lion King stuff. And it worked.
__________________

bonocomet is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #202
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Oh and Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters. That's the song I used to entice my kids to become Elton fans years ago when as kids they really only knew his Lion King stuff. And it worked.
The Lion King years depress me.
__________________

VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
AnCatKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pearl jammin'
Posts: 6,876
Local Time: 10:08 PM
I basically just enjoy Elton John for this jacket:



Otherwise, meh. (Originally: "otherwise, men." )
AnCatKatie is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Weird. I've drank more than I normally would on a weeknight. I don't feel it, though. I hope I'm saying the same in the morning.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCatKatie View Post
I basically just enjoy Elton John for this jacket:



Otherwise, meh. (Originally: "otherwise, men." )
Dude. If you like this overplayed, piece of crap classic rock better than any Elton John, I don't even know what to say.

VintagePunk is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #206
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
The trouble I'm having is being able to see ANY videos, or anything at all that uses Adobe Flash. Which means I also can't upload pics to photobucket except one at a time, and all kinds of stuff that uses Flash on our computers. Like quick copy and paste! UG!!
oh....that sucks. Can't offer any suggestions as I'm clueless on that stuff.

I thought maybe you were banned again
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict
 
zuropa_fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: burning up on re-entry
Posts: 24,953
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Weird. I've drank more than I normally would on a weeknight. I don't feel it, though. I hope I'm saying the same in the morning.
I'm cutting myself off at two tonight. Gonna shoot for another 6am workout.
zuropa_fit is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Wow, there's been a party in here tonight!

I'll echo the love for Elton John. My favourites are Crocodile Rock, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues (if that's the name - I'm so bad with song names) and I'm Still Standing. Oh, and Benny and the Jets. Hell, I love most of his stuff!


I've been in a pity party mood tonight, and I'm sick of it. I'm trying hard to snap out of it, but it's not very easy.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #209
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,568
Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
My Elton CD is just Greatest Hits 1970-2002. It's a good collection, save for the Mona Lisa song being missing. Really, I would have happily taken that over frickin' Island Girl.
Ha, I liked "Island Girl" as a kid. I remember my dad made a tape once for me that was full of '70s songs, after I saw one of those infomercials for music from that decade, and that song was on there.

I also like(d) "Crocodile Rock", too .

And I like "Get It On (Bang A Gong)". It's just got a great beat to it.
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #210
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
oh....that sucks. Can't offer any suggestions as I'm clueless on that stuff.

I thought maybe you were banned again



Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
I'm cutting myself off at two tonight. Gonna shoot for another 6am workout.

You guys and your 6AM workouts. It blows me away! All i wanna do at 6 AM is sleep.
bonocomet is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Wow, there's been a party in here tonight!

I'll echo the love for Elton John. My favourites are Crocodile Rock, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues (if that's the name - I'm so bad with song names) and I'm Still Standing. Oh, and Benny and the Jets. Hell, I love most of his stuff!


I've been in a pity party mood tonight, and I'm sick of it. I'm trying hard to snap out of it, but it's not very easy.
That's me tonight too.
bonocomet is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict
 
zuropa_fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: burning up on re-entry
Posts: 24,953
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Wow, there's been a party in here tonight!

I'll echo the love for Elton John. My favourites are Crocodile Rock, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues (if that's the name - I'm so bad with song names) and I'm Still Standing. Oh, and Benny and the Jets. Hell, I love most of his stuff!


I've been in a pity party mood tonight, and I'm sick of it. I'm trying hard to snap out of it, but it's not very easy.
Thora, I got shit on my mind too. Trying not to use booze to drown it out. Listening to music and writing instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post



You guys and your 6AM workouts. It blows me away! All i wanna do at 6 AM is sleep.
I don't "Want" to get up at 5:30am but I do WANT to lose weight and two-a-day workouts seem to be working.
zuropa_fit is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

I also like(d) "Crocodile Rock", too .
Get out of that box, lady! As you'll see in my post above yours, that's high up on my favourites list. I have such wonderful memories of playing that record as a kid, and dancing around like a maniac to it in our living room. It always made me so happy as a kid, and it still does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
That's me tonight too.
BLEARGH. I know things will get better eventually, but I'm just tired and frustrated with all this crap. Whatever. I hope that tomorrow's better for you!
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
Thora, I got shit on my mind too. Trying not to use booze to drown it out. Listening to music and writing instead.
I had a glass of wine with dinner, but I'm not going beyond that either.

I love to write, but on nights when I'm super emotional my writing becomes super whiny and annoying, so I tend to avoid it.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Thora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wishing I was on the beach
Posts: 34,116
Local Time: 10:08 PM
What's making me happier is watching the Olympic swimming trials, even though it's just US athletes. DAYUM those guys are built.
__________________
Insert something interesting here
Thora is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict
 
zuropa_fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: burning up on re-entry
Posts: 24,953
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
I had a glass of wine with dinner, but I'm not going beyond that either.

I love to write, but on nights when I'm super emotional my writing becomes super whiny and annoying, so I tend to avoid it.
Mine is just sort of babbly right now. i'll have to edit it tomorrow night or Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
What's making me happier is watching the Olympic swimming trials, even though it's just US athletes. DAYUM those guys are built.
yum.
zuropa_fit is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Why do you keep running away after you say stuff?

Get back here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Yeah! Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's!

And besides, I'm pretty sure RDJ is pretty universally loved. Or maybe that's just me.
*sneaks back in*

TaraCynara is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
Thora, I got shit on my mind too. Trying not to use booze to drown it out. Listening to music and writing instead.



I don't "Want" to get up at 5:30am but I do WANT to lose weight and two-a-day workouts seem to be working.
I guess I should have phrased it differently. What I meant was I don't think I could do it. I'm like a zombie in the morning. I don't think I could be awake enough to safely workout. Maybe if I had a major time shift in my sleep hours I guess and went to bed much earlier...
bonocomet is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 10:08 PM
for everyone who needs it.
TaraCynara is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,568
Local Time: 11:08 PM
Ditto. Hope whatever is making you girls feel down passes soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Get out of that box, lady! As you'll see in my post above yours, that's high up on my favourites list. I have such wonderful memories of playing that record as a kid, and dancing around like a maniac to it in our living room. It always made me so happy as a kid, and it still does.
*Climbs out of box*

*Puts "Crocodile Rock" on*

*Dances, invites Thora to join in*

Your memories are similar to mine .
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is online now  
 

Tags
adam crumbs, bono bites, bono™, buzz, edge tidbits, egg day, jj's next, larry nibbles, never too much bono, pgp, pong!, sherlock talk, thora's employed!!!, tumbleweed city, viva las vegas, we ♥ elton

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×