PGP-U2 is the Original of the Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aha! I knew it!

In WMP, at least since version 9, you can use Ctrl-I (EYE) to capture a frame, either when playing or when paused for greater accuracy. It brings up a Save Captured Image dialog which handily defaults to a jpeg. This works only if the video you are watching is using a Microsoft supported movie file.

But it's still not working for me. When I go into Paint, it wont allow me to select 'paste.' :huh:

Sad_Girl said:
We didn't do the big thanksgiving thing really, Russty; with my Dad having been so sick, and my mom hasn't been feeling too great either. She cooked a meal that was way too big for just the three of us, and it was really good :drool: but my Sister and her family had their meal at her house and my brother and his wife stayed home too. Mark was going to come over, but he had a stomach bug ... which is not pleasant ever, but you really don't want to be around a house that smells like thanksgiving when you're queasy! :sick:

It was very peaceful, though. My cats pigged out on Turkey and got to take naps with everyone, so they were thrilled :lol:

I'm glad you had a nice day at least. And it really sucks that Mark ended up with the flu. :( I hope he and your parents start feeling better soon. I would have really loved to have stayed home. I really only go for the kids to get to see relatives.

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ :hug:

:hug: You have too much faith in me. :p
Now that I've done the presentation, I have to write it all up in an essay.

I talked to my TA (who is also my marker) after the presentation, he said I did good. But that he hasn't done much reading on Frued, and that I lost him a bit in some of the theory (whether he cares whether he understands or not I have no idea).
I didn't say anything complex, I didn't think. *shrug*
What's confusing about Id being pleasure driven, Ego being realistic, and Superego being your conscience?

I do have another presentation coming up in psych too. Woot.

What's your topic in psych?? :hyper:

VintagePunk said:
Aha! I knew it!

In WMP, at least since version 9, you can use Ctrl-I (EYE) to capture a frame, either when playing or when paused for greater accuracy. It brings up a Save Captured Image dialog which handily defaults to a jpeg. This works only if the video you are watching is using a Microsoft supported movie file.

But it's still not working for me. When I go into Paint, it wont allow me to select 'paste.' :huh:

If it "saves the captured imgae" you wouldn't be able to paste it. It would have been saved on your computer somewhere.
I suppose you just need to find it?

And I can paste the picture in paint, but when I do, very weird things happen, I can't even describe it propertly, but it's like the different part of the images are separate and can move and overlap eachother so I have the video image, then the outline of the player, than the bkdg....all moving, and covering up the main image. :crazy:

~BrightestStar~ said:

If it "saves the captured imgae" you wouldn't be able to paste it. It would have been saved on your computer somewhere.
I suppose you just need to find it?

And I can paste the picture in paint, but when I do, very weird things happen, I can't even describe it propertly, but it's like the different part of the images are separate and can move and overlap eachother so I have the video image, then the outline of the player, than the bkdg....all moving, and covering up the main image. :crazy:

That's exactly what happened to me when I was trying to get I Will Follow...parts of it go all weird/black. :huh:

But Control I fixed it...and now I know what you mean, I should be getting a Save box come up, but I'm not.

VintagePunk said:
Aha! I knew it!

ARe you trying to capture stuff on the OOTS video? :hyper: :drool:

Russty Cat said:

I'm glad you had a nice day at least. And it really sucks that Mark ended up with the flu. :( I hope he and your parents start feeling better soon. I would have really loved to have stayed home. I really only go for the kids to get to see relatives.

Yeah, we've spent a lot of time together as a family lately, and we have Christmas coming up, plus we're BURIED from a massive snowstorm, and my Brother has a fairly long drive to get here... so we decided to do it this way.

It's kind of bittersweet for me ... on the one hand it was really nice because it wasn't stressful like so many holidays can be but it sort of made me think about how my siblings have their families and children and all of that... and here I am...

but I'm a big believer that God helps us get to where we need to be when the time is right. Things happen the way they do for a reason, so I just tried to appreciate the good things about the day :heart:

It was the first time we've done this in a long time... the only other time we didn't have a big get together on Thanksgiving day was back when my Mom was working in the kitchen at the hospital on the day. Even then, we had a big meal that weekend.

It's sort of a changing of the tides sort of feeling, I guess.

And I get the same way on holidays... I get so nuts and just have to get the heck out of a big get together :crazy: So, I'm very glad to hear that you had a pretty good day!

Russty Cat said:

ARe you trying to capture stuff on the OOTS video? :hyper: :drool:

I would if I could...and Bri did tell me another way to do it. But I'm mostly trying to satisfy my curiosity. I had trouble doing screen caps from WMP months back, but I found the solution. Now, the solution doesn't seem to be working, and I'm torturing myself trying to figure out why. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

That's exactly what happened to me when I was trying to get I Will Follow...parts of it go all weird/black. :huh:

But Control I fixed it...and now I know what you mean, I should be getting a Save box come up, but I'm not.

Pressing Control I does nothing for me, I'm guessing me version is older than yours. And I don't have windows XP either.

I don't think I've had this happen before...:scratch:
It's so annoying and confusing! Argh! :scream:

So you've used control I before and it's worked? :hmm:

I'm still wondering if there is something programmed into the vid itself with the aim of preventing it being 'copied'.

Russty, I posted a couple pics earlier from the vid.

Umm...non of edge tho. :reject: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
SG, it sucks when people aren't feeling well for the holidays. :( And Russty, glad your family didn't drive you insane. :)

My brother Jeff, before he died, used to get sick on just about every major holiday. It was like tradition. I think this was the first year since he died we've had to worry about people being significantly ill.

My dad's doing better, it's just really hard to shake the virus he has/had, by the way. He's back to work, although I'd like to see him rest more than he has been. He's definitely not coughing as much

Sad_Girl said:
Larry.jpg

Bono1.jpg

Bono2.jpg

Bono3.jpg

Thanks :hug: I'm ok with the still that were posted, for now, though

omg SG can I please use the 3rd one for my avatar??!? :hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, we've spent a lot of time together as a family lately, and we have Christmas coming up, plus we're BURIED from a massive snowstorm, and my Brother has a fairly long drive to get here... so we decided to do it this way.

It's kind of bittersweet for me ... on the one hand it was really nice because it wasn't stressful like so many holidays can be but it sort of made me think about how my siblings have their families and children and all of that... and here I am...

but I'm a big believer that God helps us get to where we need to be when the time is right. Things happen the way they do for a reason, so I just tried to appreciate the good things about the day :heart:

It was the first time we've done this in a long time... the only other time we didn't have a big get together on Thanksgiving day was back when my Mom was working in the kitchen at the hospital on the day. Even then, we had a big meal that weekend.

It's sort of a changing of the tides sort of feeling, I guess.

And I get the same way on holidays... I get so nuts and just have to get the heck out of a big get together :crazy: So, I'm very glad to hear that you had a pretty good day!

It is sort of a changing of the tides for us as well. Everyone we were with today are my husbands family and I've sort of never really gelled with them. And I would eventually like to branch off and do our own thing.

But I think when I'm home on holidays its a reminder as well that my parents and brothers are spread all over and I'm not with them. As much as the holidays where hell with them I still miss them. My baby brother is in New Zealand again so he probably didn't even get a Thanksgiving.

its hard in a way to because of the change in my relationship with Mr. Cat. But he was really good today about not being fake in front of the family for looks and he even asked me if I had called my girlfriend yet today to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving and to tell her that she was missed by me and the kids. It was very sweet.

Sad_Girl said:
Russty - there are screen caps in the main Pleba board and I posted some Edge OOTS icons just a few pages back :wink:

:hyper: Oh man I'm going to find them! :drool:

Best part of today was when they played the new ipod commercial during football. My MIL laughed when i dove for the remote and turned it up. Mini-cat came running in the room screaming "Bono!!!!!" She scared the heck out of my FIL. :giggle:

SG, glad to hear that your dad's doing a bit better. Colds and viruses just seem to take so long to get rid of. :( I remember when colds lasted a week, and then they'd be gone.

Russty Cat said:

:hyper: Oh man I'm going to find them! :drool:

Best part of today was when they played the new ipod commercial during football. My MIL laughed when i dove for the remote and turned it up. Mini-cat came running in the room screaming "Bono!!!!!" She scared the heck out of my FIL. :giggle:

:giggle: I love it :heart:

VintagePunk said:
SG, glad to hear that your dad's doing a bit better. Colds and viruses just seem to take so long to get rid of. :( I remember when colds lasted a week, and then they'd be gone.

I know. I guess as we get tougher, the germs have figured out how to get tougher, too. :shrug:

SG, I was reading something interesting in the afterword of a Stephen King compilation the other night, and it made me curious about some of your work.

Have you ever done word counts of your stories once they're completed?

King stated that 20,000 words is leaving the realm of the short story, and that 40,000 words is entering the realm of the novel. Anything in between is a novella. I checked mine, which I feel like is just beginning, and it's at 25,000 words. Then I got thinking of some of the epics you've written. :lol:

VP or Bri? Would one of you be so kind as to do some stills of the part with the close up on the eye when it starts to cry, and the tear on the face?

:D :flirt: Pretty please?

oh, and maybe a few more of Adam if possible? :flirt: :cute:

VintagePunk said:
SG, I was reading something interesting in the afterword of a Stephen King compilation the other night, and it made me curious about some of your work.

Have you ever done word counts of your stories once they're completed?

King stated that 20,000 words is leaving the realm of the short story, and that 40,000 words is entering the realm of the novel. Anything in between is a novella. I checked mine, which I feel like is just beginning, and it's at 25,000 words. Then I got thinking of some of the epics you've written. :lol:

:reject: Uh, yeah... I'm a little wordy :shifty: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom