PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty:

wetedge.jpg

:p

:wink:

u2shirtlessactungbaby.jpg

u2newyearsday2004oceanshirtless.jpg

Better? :sexywink:

I'm off to Vegas. :wave:

Comet, you rule

Have fun in Vegas. (That's just over 7 hours from where I live. :ohmy:)

Oy, that sounds fun, JJ. Take it easy, okay? I definitely get the whole, "want to get better NOW" thing and don't blame you one bit there, but just be careful not to force your exercise and healing too much, too :hug:. Good luck, hope everything goes well and you can be healed as soon as humanly possible.

@Moonlit_Angel: Guess there's one small upside to the drought then, less flooding! But then when it does rain, doesn't the ground get, in a sense, overwhelmed with water, so some flooding does occur? I'm curious but unsure haha. I imagine the rivers haven't gotten too high this year, or I haven't heard about much flooding anywhere lately anyway, besides from the one hurricane a couple weeks ago.

Something like that, yeah-it's probably like with anything else, when you've been deprived of something for so long when you finally get it you tend to overload on it. Which makes me worry a bit, because you just KNOW that's what's likely going to happen when it finally does start properly raining again. Can't seem to be a balance, no, weather's got to be one extreme or another most of the time.

That said, I definitely won't complain about any rain we do get, as long as, of course, it doesn't flood. Our rivers are pretty low, yeah, and the grass is so dry here. My mom noticed the yellow on the leaves and she kept wondering if they were yellow because of the change in season or just because they were so dry :p.

Comet, have fun in Vegas :wave:!

I know! Things have been looking pretty dry and yellow around here, too. I think some leaves started falling early as well. I wonder if the winter is going to be as bad as it's being predicted to be.
Unlike most of the people I know, I actually like snow, I think it makes everything look so pretty haha.

Have fun, Comet ;)

I know! Things have been looking pretty dry and yellow around here, too. I think some leaves started falling early as well. I wonder if the winter is going to be as bad as it's being predicted to be.
Unlike most of the people I know, I actually like snow, I think it makes everything look so pretty haha.

I don't know. I hope we do have something of a winter, 'cause I'm with you, I also like snow. Winter is my favorite season. And no snow at Christmastime is just depressing to me (though I know people who live in climates where it doesn't snow that time of year would disagree :p).

I second that! It definitely feels more like Christmas if there's snow.

If you Larry girls haven't been over the Misc Pics thread lately you might want to go, there's a new pic up :wink: More pics of Bono and Edge from Monaco too.

But we haven't seen hide nor hair of Adam since he was spotted in that airport in Brazil heading back to Europe :(

I second that! It definitely feels more like Christmas if there's snow.

:up: I am liking you more and more as we talk :).

I haven't been to the pictures section of the PLEBA area for some time. I remember the days when I used to visit the Bono thread on a regular basis. Kinda miss that-think I'll have to pop in and look through there, see what's new with the guys.

2 days rest and start slowly exercising :)
ah, ok....good going. Just take it carefully :hug:

Only 2 days rest, JJ? I feel like it would be more, but I know nothing about that stuff so... Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

in general the get you up and going in some fashion quite quickly. Not just because of insurance limitations. It's geting the systems to reintergrate quickly and get more blood flow going tothe area too, moe blood flow more oxygen and nuitrients to thre cells, and removal of carbon dioxide and waste products .

an educated guess :nerd:

dazzledbylight said:
in general the get you up and going in some fashion quite quickly. Not just because of insurance limitations. It's geting the systems to reintergrate quickly and get more blood flow going tothe area too, moe blood flow more oxygen and nuitrients to thre cells, and removal of carbon dioxide and waste products .

That does make sense :doh:

:happydance: happydance: : happydance: happydance: happydance: happydance:

My dad got a job!

:yippie: :yippie: yippie: yippie: yippie: yippie:

oh i had forgotten/didn't know-considering i was away from here a whole lot def probablehe was out of work !
well, seriously that could explain the reccent fighting. Tara when you have a stressor like that as an adult.... depending on a person's personality then other things that would normaly be dealt with in an easier manner can flare up too!

on to celebrating!

:yippie: :hug:tara:hug: :yippie:

SOooooo :happy: to hear your wonderful news!!!

That's great, Tara! Congrats to your dad :)

Thanks!

oh i had forgotten/didn't know-considering i was away from here a whole lot def probablehe was out of work !
well, seriously that could explain the reccent fighting. Tara when you have a stressor like that as an adult.... depending on a person's personality then other things that would normaly be dealt with in an easier manner can flare up too!

on to celebrating!

:yippie: :hug:tara:hug: :yippie:

SOooooo :happy: to hear your wonderful news!!!

He's been out of work for almost 2 years now, because of his foot.

Thanks! :hug:

Right now, it's with the Snow Removal team on the Air Force Base. But the guy who runs the civilian section of the Civil Engineer Squad is retiring in Dec/Jan, and there is every chance my dad will get his job!

wow extra fingers crossed for the next one too!

hhhmmmm ... somewhere vaguely i think i remember you mentioning his injury... in the same that you describing it seems faintly familiar.

Hoe this will be (and probilites seem good) a wonderful turn around for yopu all! :hug: wonderful!

Right now, it's with the Snow Removal team on the Air Force Base. But the guy who runs the civilian section of the Civil Engineer Squad is retiring in Dec/Jan, and there is every chance my dad will get his job!

hhhmmmm ... somewhere vaguely i think i remember you mentioning his injury... in the sense that you describing it seems faintly familiar.

Hoe this will be (and probilites seem good) a wonderful turn around for you all! :hug: wonderful!

Is he a civil engineer, Tara? Or does he work in a related field? I'm looking to go into that kind of stuff, so I'm curious.

hhhmmmm ... somewhere vaguely i think i remember you mentioning his injury... in the same that you describing it seems faintly familiar.

Hoe this will be (and probilites seem good) a wonderful turn around for yopu all! :hug: wonderful!

:hug:

Ah, okay. That sounds quite good. And yeah, that'd be cool if he could move up when the other guy leaves, too. Good luck to him, hope all goes well.

Yes, fingers crossed. :D

Is he a civil engineer, Tara? Or does he work in a related field? I'm looking to go into that kind of stuff, so I'm curious.

That's what he was called when he was in the Air Force, but after he retired, he was a heavy equipment operator until we moved here (Utah). When we first moved here in 2010, he worked for a general contractor. They had this big job on the campus of the University Of Utah, which is where he got hurt.

Congrats on the job Tara, you dad must be really happy!

My cat found a new favourite location. Yesterday we caught her sitting on top of the radio amp. That has a fan if it gets too hot, so it's probably nice and warm up there. Now she's up there again. :lol: Just sitting there all day, looking outside.

dazzledbylight said:
ah, ok....good going. Just take it carefully :hug:

Yeah, they had me up and walking 24 hours post-op. Barely though. With the surgery I had, I was told that by getting up and walking and putting as much weight on my leg as I could bear(hardly any), it would actually help me heal faster. Also, they wanted me moving as much as I could to prevent blood clots. I'm sure what you said also has something to do with it Dazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom