PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
World Market (Cost Plus) is opening up here today and I'm so freaking excited that I'm going to drive all the way the heck out there right now. There's two locations and I'm in the middle of both so not sure which one I'm going to. They used to be here and I even worked at the one near my culinary school 5 years ago part time. That location was so busy we had a line 20 people deep every single day when I needed to close down and leave to get to school so I was usually late. Then they shut down all of their stores here when I lived in Phoenix. What I could never ever understand was the 2 WM locations I used to go to in Phoenix were always completely dead yet those stores stayed open and they completely left MN which was always so busy at all of their stores. But now they're back and most of their old spaces are still vacant so they're going back into 2 of their old locations. I'm really hoping they also go back to the one that's super close to me but I'll take what I can get. I'm so excited! There were so many things I wanted to buy in LA last winter but didn't have room in my luggage. Better get going. They open in 45 min :)

I LOVE world market!

Ooh Green Day just performed on America's Got Talent. I have no clue what they were doing on that show. :huh: (Justin Bieber was on it too) But I guess like U2 :wink: TV airtime is all good when you have new songs to perform.

And geeeez Billie Joe will NEVER age. :ohmy::lol::cute:

I hate Mike Dirnt's new long hair. But they're finishing the first part of their tour in Phx in December :hyper: I think I'll get seats and take Owen.

Holy crap it's 103 degrees here right now. I messaged my brother in the desert (Vegas) and it's only 93 there. What the crap??! I live on the coast, I protest this madness. :grumpy:

And it was only 87 here. The world is topsy turvy.
Oh, and we have a week off in October. I want to come to where you are. Talking to Mr.Z about how this might work.

I think seeing two overweight girls in my boot camp last night helped me put my own progress in perspective. So instead of just walking or not going to the gym at all, I ran 3 miles today. My tush hurts like hell from all of the squats I did last night but I decided I could deal with the pain and just kept on going. I also kept cranking up the speed on the treadmill because I knew I could run at a faster rate than I have been lately. That felt super awesome. I have plans to walk/run around a 3 mile lake tomorrow with a friend so hopefully I will continue to stay motivated.

Good job you!
I'm def losing some pounds/inches but I'm not sure it's really healthy. I don't have time to eat. I'm working 14-16 hour days. I come home, have a beer, go to bed. Get up go to the gym... repeat...
But yeah, my jeans fit and Mr.Z noticed that I'm thinner :shrug: :reject:

arw said:
OMG....tonight started a new session of boot camp at the gym. Two kind of heavier gals signed up this time around. We were doing lighter workouts since it's a new session and one of them fell over during squats! :doh: My instructor always tells people to use a bench and sit during the squat if they're still not familiar with them but she chose to ignore that suggestion and ended up losing her balance and tipping over. :der: The class changed from being called "boot camp" to total body conditioning because they felt like too many people were intimidated by the boot camp name. Since they changed the name we get a lot of people in the class that just are not ready for this type of workout and regret paying to take it. It's one of the few classes you actually have to pay for so I don't know how they found their way into signing up for this stuff without doing the research about what it is. There's no way I'd pay for a class without going to a preview of it before. Anyways I felt bad for her but at the same time it took everything I had in me to not laugh at her. :reject:

More power to them for trying to better themselves and lose weight. :up: I've lost 60 lbs, but I remember at my heaviest feeling like my every move was being scrutinized, what I ate, how I worked out, etc. It wasn't fun. I'm sure they feel the same way.

More power to them for trying to better themselves and lose weight. :up: I've lost 60 lbs, but I remember at my heaviest feeling like my every move was being scrutinized, what I ate, how I worked out, etc. It wasn't fun. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Right. That's how I feel when I see someone obese running. I have a friend that's heavier and she worries what people think. Dude, you are running.What are they doing? And I have definitely have been (and feel like lately) FGR (fat girl running). I make a point to make an contact and smile like 'yeah, you got this'.

So, I ordered my new iPhone5. I have had a lady boner for an iphone since it was announced 2 years ago that it would be coming to Verizon. But my EnV crapped out a few months before it came to Verizon, and I opted for a Droid. Now the time has come. My music and everything in one thing. For someone who rides a train and juggles two devices right now, this is exciting.

Comet, how's your mom? I was thinking of you the other day.

Nope, I've never officially introduced myself. I've mostly been observing the forums for a few months, I'm generally not very trusting of anything online but U2 fans seem pretty nice ;) and this or U2.com are the only places I've ever even considered posting on.
I'm just looking for a place to chat about U2 mostly, since I don't really know anyone to do that with, though I realize there are discussions like this that are unrelated.
I'm just one of those crazies that listens to nothing but U2... aka a fan! And don't ask me who's my favourite band member because it's too close hahaha.
So happy right now because it's one of the rare times where I'm free enough to listen to/watch a concert-length playlist of U2! All my top favourites :)

U2 fans nice? You haven't been everywhere in Interference, have you?

I've come to realize that in every fandom there is good (like peeps here) and bad. And sometimes it takes awhile to know the difference.

But hello! I see you are in my timezone and speaking of 70's temps. Are you in New England?

Hi, U2360 :wave:! Grace is right in that this area has its good spots and bad, but overall there's places worth visiting here. Welcome aboard, hope to be able to chat more :).

Regarding weather, looks like we've got days coming up next week where our highs will only be in the 60s, it seems. And they're saying we could start seeing lows in the upper 30s as well. Fall is officially coming, it seems :drool:.

comet 105! woah!
didn't hear about!

aaawwww I missed zu and deeg same eve!!??!:( :hug:sss

imagines :giggle: thora running around her city juggling tasting plates!

tara besides the heat i hope you're beginning to feel more relaxed again now that your mom's back

360 welcome!:wave:

grace enjoy (when arrives) your new phone!

i miss :hug: VP. :(

and future:wave: to :hug: SG! (another one showing up when i'm not around

GraceRyan said:
U2 fans nice? You haven't been everywhere in Interference, have you?

I've come to realize that in every fandom there is good (like peeps here) and bad. And sometimes it takes awhile to know the difference.

But hello! I see you are in my timezone and speaking of 70's temps. Are you in New England?

No. And that's true, you can't have good without bad!

I think you're missing my point, which I tried to clarify after I posted this when I said:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the larger girls taking the class, because as you said some smaller people also have issues, but maybe they should have worked up towards it first. My friend has taken the class with me for the past few months and although she runs a few times a week she had a very hard time with the strength training. But she said right away there's no way she could have taken the class had she not at least been in shape to run a few miles.

I think it's great they want to get fit but again, there's so many free classes to take that I don't understand why they would start with one of the hardest classes that also includes an extra fee. I don't think they're going to get their money's worth by taking a class that's clearly out of their league right now. Maybe in a few months when they've built up towards it but not right now. I feel like it's actually going to discourage them from working out because it's such an intense class and they're not able to do much. I'm no skinny girl so I don't even mean that they need to lose tons of weight to take the class but they should build up their endurance and have a few months of some solid strength training behind before they take the class. I still have a lot of weight to lose myself but in terms of strength training I'm always given the heaviest weights out of any of the other girls in the class because I've been lifting on a regular basis since last Jan.

Also, I laugh when anyone falls, especially myself. So maybe I should have been more specific that I wasn't laughing because a heavier person fell during a workout but just over the fact that someone fell.

So, I ordered my new iPhone5. I have had a lady boner for an iphone since it was announced 2 years ago that it would be coming to Verizon. But my EnV crapped out a few months before it came to Verizon, and I opted for a Droid. Now the time has come. My music and everything in one thing. For someone who rides a train and juggles two devices right now, this is exciting.

Comet, how's your mom? I was thinking of you the other day.

Yay for getting your new iphone! My kids have been trying to talk me into getting them for all of us and getting with the program, but I still love my Blackberry because it's a flip phone. :reject: I just love it. I tried having a non opening flip phone and it's like trying to talk on a piece of toast, i just hated it. I know I'm lame and old fashioned and I know I will have to make the move soon, but for now I don't want a piece of toast phone. *strokes flip phone with love*

My mom's doing good right now, and in fact she's going to visit my brother for a week this week, so I'm getting a break! I'm going to Vegas with my kids on Wednesday-Saturday and I'm so freakin' excited to just be gettin' the hell outta Dodge. I know what I do is (sorta) by choice, but it gets really REALLY hard so this break is needed.

By the way arw, I did take pics of my cake I need to upload and post. :sexywink: And I know I owe ya a PM too :reject: I swearz I'll do it before I leave the interwebz on Wednesday! I want to I just keep forgetting!

I'm also still debating leaving my computer at home and going totally dark. :hmm: But then I think, who am I kidding? I'll get there and want my computer so bad! :rolleyes:

Vegas, cool! Sounds like a good time. I know what you mean about the computer, I'd be the same way. But sometimes it is nice to just unplug and get away from that for a few days, focus on just enjoying the trip itself.

Whatever happens, hope you have fun-definitely get the whole "get out of Dodge" thing, too. Good to hear your mom's doing well, also :) :up:.

PS

ML>>>>do NOT mention the :grumpy: (other) F word till sept 20.....ok

LOL, sorry. I love that season, but yeah, I know many more prefer the warm summer months :D.

Absolutely gorgeous day outside today, though-temperature's around 80, blue sky as far as the eye can see, not a cloud in sight. Perfectly comfortable. I like days like this, too.

i'm seeing bruuuuuce this weds!:hyper::love:
oh...dance, dance,dance!!!

Woohoo! Hope you have a good time. I wouldn't mind seeing him someday myself-I know my mom would definitely want to see him.

JJ, enjoy the movie! Let us know what you thought of it-I should check it out sometime myself.

Wow. Just wow. Really, GQ? :tsk:

GQ2012Covers.jpg

So I say, to make all things equal and all ya know... a version of last year's GQ, the U2 in tuxes cover, the all nude version, you know for equality's sake and junk. :shifty:

Good job you!
I'm def losing some pounds/inches but I'm not sure it's really healthy. I don't have time to eat. I'm working 14-16 hour days. I come home, have a beer, go to bed. Get up go to the gym... repeat...
But yeah, my jeans fit and Mr.Z noticed that I'm thinner :shrug: :reject:

thanks...I'm glad I've been able to get back into going more than once a week. I would have gone today but I can hardly move. I probably over did it yesterday a bit. My friend and I were going to walk/run around a lake this afternoon but she has food poisoning so obviously she's not able to go. It's probably a good thing because I should take today off.

you must be doing something right if you're losing, especially if you're still able to get to the gym. :up: that the hubby noticed. Guys don't always notice that kind of stuff.

I hope you get to go to San Diego next month....I want to go with! My friends and I were in the middle of planning something for this winter doing San Diego to JTNP but :sigh: can't plan much right now til I find decent work again.

Yay for getting your new iphone! My kids have been trying to talk me into getting them for all of us and getting with the program, but I still love my Blackberry because it's a flip phone. :reject: I just love it. I tried having a non opening flip phone and it's like trying to talk on a piece of toast, i just hated it. I know I'm lame and old fashioned and I know I will have to make the move soon, but for now I don't want a piece of toast phone. *strokes flip phone with love*

My mom's doing good right now, and in fact she's going to visit my brother for a week this week, so I'm getting a break! I'm going to Vegas with my kids on Wednesday-Saturday and I'm so freakin' excited to just be gettin' the hell outta Dodge. I know what I do is (sorta) by choice, but it gets really REALLY hard so this break is needed.

By the way arw, I did take pics of my cake I need to upload and post. :sexywink: And I know I owe ya a PM too :reject: I swearz I'll do it before I leave the interwebz on Wednesday! I want to I just keep forgetting!

I'm also still debating leaving my computer at home and going totally dark. :hmm: But then I think, who am I kidding? I'll get there and want my computer so bad! :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware they even made BB flip phones until I saw yours! I've never seen one anywhere else either. Vegas with your kids will be awesome. Glad your mom is doing good too! I'm going to go with my dad to get on the family plan with the parents so I can get an iPhone. My BB is starting to crap out on me. I'm just going to get the 4 or whatever it is that's free. I'm more than ok with whatever is on that vs the newest version. I think the AT&T guy told my dad I had to pay $100 for insurance up front for the phone so if that's actually the case then I for sure have to get the one that's totally free. Otherwise the 4S is $100 for a new contract so I might go with that if I don't have to get the $100 insurance thing. Sometimes my dad doesn't always get the facts straight when it comes to this kind of stuff! If I do this then I have to switch providers but I'll save about $25 a month on a family plan. I wouldn't even consider doing this now but my phone is driving me crazy. I can't depend on the alarm to actually go off in the morning anymore. It goes off because it's on the screen....there's just not always sound when it goes off :happy:

Oh and I was starting to wonder if you forgot about me :sad: Just be sure to post a pic of the cake before you leave.....but I'm sure you'll be posting even from Vegas :flirt:

I got the iPhone 4 in April, because it was a free upgrade. I could have gotten the 4S if I paid like $150. No thanks! :lol: I'm so happy with this one, so I won't upgrade for a few years. I was just SO glad to be finally rid of my blasted BB. :lol:

I had to work for a bit and am now relaxing at a nearby Starbucks with a book for a few hours until the event is over. I love having volunteers who do the work for me! :wink:

No iPhone here either! Just an iTouch, but might get an iPhone next year... It's about time for a new phone, iPod (or phone/iPod), computer... Yikes $$$ :faint:

I have the 2nd generation U2 video iPod from the year 0. :wink: And my phone is the cheapest HTC smartphone I could find. Don't have a contract, but my old thick phone died so I had to get a new one.

I've wanted a U2 iPod so bad! I don't care if they're old, having your favourite band's iPod just sounds cool (or to a non-fan, crazy/weird) hahaha.

I have the 2nd generation U2 video iPod from the year 0. :wink: And my phone is the cheapest HTC smartphone I could find. Don't have a contract, but my old thick phone died so I had to get a new one.

I have that one with the video, and my old one... the original no video one. I loooove it. It's much bigger and thicker and chunkier than the newer one and so cool, kind of like driving an old classic car. :drool: I like it better than the video one because of the way it feels in my hand. :drool: The newer ones are thinner and not as smooth. :shifty: (Thank you for being so PGP approved U2 ipod.)

Wow. Just wow. Really, GQ? :tsk:

GQ2012Covers.jpg

So I say, to make all things equal and all ya know... a version of last year's GQ, the U2 in tuxes cover, the all nude version, you know for equality's sake and junk. :shifty:

:ohmy:

I must be the only sucker in here without an iPhone then :wink:

Hey, last weekend I finally got a smart phone. I've never had one before.... it's kinda freaky.

I've wanted a U2 iPod so bad! I don't care if they're old, having your favourite band's iPod just sounds cool (or to a non-fan, crazy/weird) hahaha.
I have a U2 iPod. I love it. It's pretty. :love:

Gg, how did you get the battery replaced?

Ahh, the original U2 iPods. I still have mine lying around the house somewhere, although I'm not sure it will even work any more. :lol: That thing is a beast compared to the other (newer) iPods that I have now.

Tonight I read a pretty thorough recap of the last episodes of Sons of Anarchy that I hadn't seen yet. Dayyum. :ohmy: I'm now re-thinking my plan to not watch them. :lol:

:wave:I'm one of those ,who's actually a little bit of afraid that in the future all phones will be smart-or whateverphones. I don't want a fancy phone. I want my phone to have call,message,alarm clock and camera functions,that's all. When my previous phone died three years ago,already then it was so hard to find a simple flip phone.Mine HAS to be a flip,with all the horse hair and sawdust. What will happen when my current phone dies?

And about those GQ covers:it was discussed in the radio the other day even here.Pose all men in tuxes and the only woman nude,what image it gives to the world:tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom