PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe I heard A Man and a Woman live. :ohmy: That was surreal when they started it up.

Jealous!

I think my "go to" album is War :shrug: On the road trip home from CA a couple weeks ago I put on HTDAAB and it was so nice - hadn't heard it in a LONG time. It's a great album.

I saw crumbs live! :shifty: Actually, Kramwest and I were at the same concert in Minny when they played this. Although we didn't know each other then, we have talked about how excited we were when they first started playing it, because the majority of the crowd had no idea what it was! :lol: It was the tour premiere. Who would have thought!

Comet, the fact that you got to see "A Man and a Woman" live is wonderful. They did such a great job with that!!:heart::heart::heart:

Okay - I said I was done... but I just bought ANOTHER pair of tickets for Coldplay for a friend who's "stuck" in church right now - LOL!

I'm still looking for night one in Toronto. That may take a while! What a great friend you are!:wink:

Okay - I said I was done... but I just bought ANOTHER pair of tickets for Coldplay for a friend who's "stuck" in church right now - LOL!

:giggle:

I saw crumbs live! :shifty: Actually, Kramwest and I were at the same concert in Minny when they played this. Although we didn't know each other then, we have talked about how excited we were when they first started playing it, because the majority of the crowd had no idea what it was! :lol: It was the tour premiere. Who would have thought!

Comet, the fact that you got to see "A Man and a Woman" live is wonderful. They did such a great job with that!!:heart::heart::heart:

That's cool about Crumbs! :up:

I also about fainted on the spot for Staring at the Sun. I'd hoped for a POP song the entire 360 Tour, and it never came sadly. So that was a sweet moment.

But there are few things to discuss on a U2 forum more interesting than Bono's hair! :p

Yes it was Vertigo Bono that pulled me in, but not because of U2. I know it's really weird but I got into the whole U2 fandom thing backwards. I started noticing and following Bono's charity and political work in 2005, ok and also his sexiness and general charisma. :shifty: I remember buying magazines and reading interviews and stuff just for him, and not even recognizing many of the song names that would get mentioned if they weren't "hits" which were the only U2 songs I knew. And I also wasn't even interested in them :reject: just him and what he was doing outside U2. But with the new album it made it hard not to get caught up in his darn band :wink: so I did go out and buy Bomb, and from there I fell fast and hard. :D I know I went about the whole U2 fandom thing totally backwards. :lol: Oh well. But anyway, yes, that's why I'll always have a spot in my :heart: for Vertigo Bono, he finally caught my eye. I think current Bono will always be my #1 though. (And I :love: :drool: the shorter hair.)

In my case to be quite honest I don't know how 04/05 U2 got my attention. I've known about U2 (Bono) since ATYCLB, but Vertigo came and did it for me. I just kept hearing Vertigo on the radio and I loved it and eventually learned the lyrics to it and somewhere I think I saw the Apple advertisement and from then on I was hooked and I went out and bought the album that December. :shrug:

That's my story.

In my case to be quite honest I don't know how 04/05 U2 got my attention. I've known about U2 (Bono) since ATYCLB, but Vertigo came and did it for me. I just kept hearing Vertigo on the radio and I loved it and eventually learned the lyrics to it and somewhere I think I saw the Apple advertisement and from then on I was hooked and I went out and bought the album that December. :shrug:

That's my story.

Vertigo era U2 had magical powers. :sexywink:

The Original of the Species ipod ad used to come on TV and the world would stand still for 30 seconds. :faint: I was so smitten. I'm also a total dork, but I feel I can admit those types of things in here with you guys. :reject:

There HAD to be some subliminal messages in there somewhere... I became so oddly obsessed that I recorded the interview they had on Conan, and I think I recorded the Saturday Night Live they did too. :lol:

Beyonce and Jay Z named their kid Blue Ivy....everyone on the yahoo news links are freaking out about the name Blue. Guess they've never heard of Edge's kid's name before. :shrug:
I think Blue is a nice name.

:shifty:

Blue Ivy sounds like she should be a villain in a superhero movie.

Ivy Blue would have been a better choice.

/unsolicited naming advice
:up:

Are we sharing stories as to how we got into U2? :ohmy:

They all end with spending more money than is socially acceptable on tickets, travel, hotel and merchandise. :lol:

SO true! :lol: I'm glad I got to travel (a little bit) last year to see them, and hang out with so many of you. :love:

Oh, and it's Sunday afternoon, I've got the house to myself. I'm cleaning out my closet/drawers like a motherf*cking adult.

Here (for those of you who don't know Hyperbole, and for those who do, it's still fun to read over and over)
Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I'll Never be an Adult

That's one of my favourites of hers. :love: I miss her. I hope she'll have new stuff soon.

I think this afternoon I'm going to work on my scrapbook a bit. I've been meaning to do it for ages, but have never gotten around to doing anything except jotting down some page design notes. :lol:

I came close to seeing them 2 times: once, when I lived in Indiana and my parents and I were gonna go to the first Chicago show (didn't get the tickets :sad:), and then I was supposed to be able to go to the SLC show back in May, but no money :sad:...

I still can't believe I heard A Man and a Woman live. That was surreal when they started it up.

You're lucky :drool:

:applaud:

I saw crumbs live! Actually, Kramwest and I were at the same concert in Minny when they played this. Although we didn't know each other then, we have talked about how excited we were when they first started playing it, because the majority of the crowd had no idea what it was! :lol: It was the tour premiere. Who would have thought!

Comet, the fact that you got to see "A Man and a Woman" live is wonderful. They did such a great job with that!!:heart:

Jealous you saw Crumbs live :drool:

Vertigo era U2 had magical powers. :sexywink:

The Original of the Species ipod ad used to come on TV and the world would stand still for 30 seconds. :faint: I was so smitten. I'm also a total dork, but I feel I can admit those types of things in here with you guys. :reject:

:cute:

I remember I saw the Crazy Blackberry commercial at the movie theatre one time. I actually yelled out "Bono!!" and a few people in front of me turned around and gave me a weird look :lol:

:reject:

I've never seen them live.

Next tour :therethere:

I was kind of aware of them in the mid 80s thanks to the hits off War, but it wasn't until my cousin bought me The Unforgettable Fire on cassette for Christmas one year that I really started to pay attention.

When Rattle and Hum came out (I was in high school), that was it. Obsession hit strong, and it was all over for me. Saw them once on Zoo TV and once on Popmart (both in Madison, WI), but then not again until Vertigo, when I made up for missing Elevation by seeing them six times. :lol:

I was kind of aware of them in the mid 80s thanks to the hits off War, but it wasn't until my cousin bought me The Unforgettable Fire on cassette for Christmas one year that I really started to pay attention.

When Rattle and Hum came out (I was in high school), that was it. Obsession hit strong, and it was all over for me. Saw them once on Zoo TV and once on Popmart (both in Madison, WI), but then not again until Vertigo, when I made up for missing Elevation by seeing them six times. :lol:

I think I shared this months ago - but I loved U2 since I heard Surrender the spring on 1983. I thought Bono was cute in 1984 UF era, but my friend made me take Edge (not sure why she loved John Taylor). Eventually she didn't care and I got Bono in 1987 when my obsession EXPLODED like Aqua Net tossed into a fire. I saw 3 times during Zoo. No times during Pop (still really bummed about that). There's no go to album - I guess if there were it'd be AB or JT. There are songs that I never get tired off. Lately my iPod keeps playing the 1983 live version of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. I never thought I'd hear that live.

They all end with spending more money than is socially acceptable on tickets, travel, hotel and merchandise. :lol:

:lol: yes.

I remember I saw the Crazy Blackberry commercial at the movie theatre one time. I actually yelled out "Bono!!" and a few people in front of me turned around and gave me a weird look :lol:

:giggle: That sounds pretty much like me too.

Oh, and it's Sunday afternoon, I've got the house to myself. I'm cleaning out my closet/drawers like a motherf*cking adult.

Here (for those of you who don't know Hyperbole, and for those who do, it's still fun to read over and over)
Hyperbole and a Half: This is Why I'll Never be an Adult

:wink: No hangover? :sexywink: How was your night?

:reject:

I've never seen them live.

:hug: Where is it you live? It'd be great, if we ever get lucky to get tickets to see them somewhere, for you and I plan a "U2 live virgin" trip or something :D!

Oooh, "How I got into U2" stories :applaud:! I love these. Mine I've shared before, so it's familiar to some here, but...I'd always liked the big singles I'd heard by the band, and remember seeing things with Bono on TV and hearing about his charity work and stuff and thinking, "Huh, that's cool. He seems nice."

But one night in 2002 I heard "Angel Of Harlem" on the radio. Fell in love with that song. Kept hearing it more and more, that inspired me to check out some of their other songs I liked (and my dad would play a few as well). Something finally clicked in early 2002 for me when I was hearing all their classic songs I loved and I was like, "I need to hear more by this band." Started investigating their songs more and loving everything I was hearing, brought their Joshua Tree album that summer, and voila, I'm officially a U2 fan.

Then I read an article with Bono in a People magazine, and then read a letter a couple weeks later from a girl talking about how she loved the article and how Bono would always have her vote for "Sexiest Man Alive". And I remember thinking, "Hmmmm...you know...he is rather attractive...". It also didn't hurt that the "When The Stars Go Blue" video was playiing heavily on VH1 that summer, and I adored that song (still do) and he was looking so sexy and being so charming, and when he was dancing with Andrea Corr at the end I was thinking, "Lucky her...". But when I saw the Rattle & Hum movie, that just completely clinched it. I'm a total and complete sucker for his late 80s JT/R&H era look-his arms are just the right amount of muscular, he's got the long, flowing hair, I like the way he dresses, there's a moodiness about him (and he's within the age range there that I am now)...I dunno, that look just DOES things to me. Which is why the beginning of this thread makes me a happy, happy girl :D.

But I'm happy to look at him in any era, of course.

I remember saying this probably somewhere in EYKIW once before, but for some reason HTDAAB is sort of my "home" U2 album. If I don't know what music I want to listen to (whether it be U2 or not) or just need comfort over something, that's the album that I turn to. It's my chicken soup. :)

I know that feeling. I've got albums like that, too. Especially ones that are "chicken soup" comfort, as you put it.

my obsession EXPLODED like Aqua Net tossed into a fire.

:ohmy: :giggle: That sounds somewhat fearsome

Lately my iPod keeps playing the 1983 live version of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

Ftw!

Typical that the latest thread goes this many pages before I have time to spare for IF...

And Tara, you need to see them live. I mean, before I saw them live, I was pretty 'ehh' about 360 Bono. Not to mention that they're awesome live. And now I can think of the big hulk of a stadium nearby relatively fondly...

I'm off to the library...it's great that libraries have CDs for checking out :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom