PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonooneshirtguitar.jpg

bonobluebackground.jpg

bonoblackoutfitmic.jpg

bonotonguecmon.jpg

BonofloorVegas.jpg

That's more like it. I love all kinds of Bono :giggle:, but I love long hair Elevation/Vertigo Bono the most, period. These days it seems like he's reverted back to the Pop look, and I wished it had stayed back in '97. :slant:

For the record: I'm still here, I'm just not paying attention like I should be. :reject:

Ah yes, the "I'm going to film my commute" Adam :giggle: One of the rare times he's been unshaved... I wonder what he'd look like with the UF era beard now?

Probably really hot. *says the one who doesn't think of Adam that way* :shifty:

Ignore the hair if you must, but this pic is all win. :shifty:

bonochestvertigo.jpg
:drool:

That's more like it. I love all kinds of Bono :giggle:, but I love long hair Elevation/Vertigo Bono the most, period. These days it seems like he's reverted back to the Pop look, and I wished it had stayed back in '97. :slant:

I do hear ya, I can't hate on Vertigo hair Bono because he's the one who snagged me. :shifty: :sexywink:

But I was soon pining for him to buzz it off, and he granted me that wish that day in early 2006. :love:

Comet, was it Vertigo era that you fell?? For me, it was JT era Bono that took my 'he's cute, I like watching him' to a frenzied obsession complete with posters on ceilings once the the walls were covered. I had pictures taped to my high school text books. Oh, I was such a smitten kitten. 25 years later - not much has changed. Maybe more wrinkles for both of us.

I think part of the problem with Vertigo hair was it's gray - how gray....we may never know. But coming from someone with light colored hair naturally (or that's what I recall pf my own) when it starts to grow out from dark brown or black - you look like you are going bald even if you are not. And I swear he was using a flat iron. Sweetie, no. We've seen your longer hair circa 1984 through 1990. We all know it does not fall like that.

Ok, I'm done with my symposium on his hair. It's Sunday. It's early and I'm at work. Boo.

Sunday afternoon...and nothing to do. My fife is so boring without U2 "on the road" : no news, no new Edge's pics on twitter...sob :sad:

Beyonce and Jay Z named their kid Blue Ivy....everyone on the yahoo news links are freaking out about the name Blue. Guess they've never heard of Edge's kid's name before. :shrug:

Blue Ivy sounds like she should be a villain in a superhero movie.

Ivy Blue would have been a better choice.

/unsolicited naming advice

Comet, was it Vertigo era that you fell?? For me, it was JT era Bono that took my 'he's cute, I like watching him' to a frenzied obsession complete with posters on ceilings once the the walls were covered. I had pictures taped to my high school text books. Oh, I was such a smitten kitten. 25 years later - not much has changed. Maybe more wrinkles for both of us.

I think part of the problem with Vertigo hair was it's gray - how gray....we may never know. But coming from someone with light colored hair naturally (or that's what I recall pf my own) when it starts to grow out from dark brown or black - you look like you are going bald even if you are not. And I swear he was using a flat iron. Sweetie, no. We've seen your longer hair circa 1984 through 1990. We all know it does not fall like that.

Ok, I'm done with my symposium on his hair. It's Sunday. It's early and I'm at work. Boo.

But there are few things to discuss on a U2 forum more interesting than Bono's hair! :p

Yes it was Vertigo Bono that pulled me in, but not because of U2. I know it's really weird but I got into the whole U2 fandom thing backwards. I started noticing and following Bono's charity and political work in 2005, ok and also his sexiness and general charisma. :shifty: I remember buying magazines and reading interviews and stuff just for him, and not even recognizing many of the song names that would get mentioned if they weren't "hits" which were the only U2 songs I knew. And I also wasn't even interested in them :reject: just him and what he was doing outside U2. But with the new album it made it hard not to get caught up in his darn band :wink: so I did go out and buy Bomb, and from there I fell fast and hard. :D I know I went about the whole U2 fandom thing totally backwards. :lol: Oh well. But anyway, yes, that's why I'll always have a spot in my :heart: for Vertigo Bono, he finally caught my eye. I think current Bono will always be my #1 though. (And I :love: :drool: the shorter hair.)

I loved Vertigo-era Bono at the time (because, like, duh!), but this era and tour has not aged well for me. I don't even really enjoy watching the Vertigo DVDs all that much. I'm sure I'll come around to it again.

While I can't completely blame Bono's look for my current dislike of that era ..... well, uh ......... um ........ hmm. Maybe I can place the blame there.

:wink:

I think the 2010-2011-current look is aces. ACES, JOHNNY! The shorter hair (but not too short, like 2009) is working miracles for the man. I think the older he gets, the more it looks like he's trying too hard with longer hair (i.e., most of the Vertigo era, although it got better as that era went along).

Also, how hilarious is it that we refer to Bono's looks as "eras"? :lol:

Yep, none of his eras :)wink:) beat 2010-11. He looks fantastic now I think.
I do still love the whole Vertigo tour era stuff though.

I'm sure I'll come around to it again, like I'm sure I'll eventually tire of the 360 bootlegs and whatnot.

U2 obsession - it's cyclical! :wink:

You both have said it perfectly. His current look amazing. It leaves me speechless actually. :drool: :combust: :shifty:

I remember saying this probably somewhere in EYKIW once before, but for some reason HTDAAB is sort of my "home" U2 album. If I don't know what music I want to listen to (whether it be U2 or not) or just need comfort over something, that's the album that I turn to. It's my chicken soup. :)

The one I go to the most is AB, but I totally get what you are saying. That album is full of jems, IMO! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom