PGP : The boys have given us a mighty fine 360° ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have to get going, too.

I would like to state for the record that I am very proud of myself for not feeling panicky and stressed so far this week. :) Even the tent business didn't freak me out too badly - worst case scenario, I sleep in my car. I can deal.

I'm hopeful that neither stress no over-excitement* will mean I am even-keeled and can have a normal experience (i.e., eating on schedule, sleeping okay, able to have a drink or two with friends) this weekend.

* I'm sure I'll be ridiculously excited day of show, but up until then I'll just be too busy to get really excited. It'll probably be one of those things where I'm running around, and then it hits me "..... OMG I'M SEEING U2 TONIGHT!" :lol:

G'night!

Oh yeah baby!

285189_189634527762424_166820623377148_493415_4196140_n.jpg

Save a horse, ride a cowboy :sexywink:

Well if you insist... :shifty:

Okay, honest question, asking out of curiosity about comparing experiences: do you guys actually cry that often at shows, or watching videos of shows? I'm never sure if you are actually shedding tears, or making an exaggeration for internet effect? (Sorry if I'm a terrible person for even thinking that.)

I've teared up once or twice at shows (usually during Streets), but I admit I'm more likely to only cry out of sorrow or frustration than out of sheer joy ... which is I guess what you guys are conveying with your tears?

I'll be curious to see what kind of reaction I have to the final show. If I cry, though, it might be from sheer exhaustion by that point. :lol:

I never usually cry at shows, but in TO some tears were shed when I told Jem that this was the last time we'd see the claw. Saying it out loud made me realise it was all over.. we both cried a bit at that before going back to our hyperactive happy mode. Manic? Pretty much. :lol:

I'm not usually a person to cry unless I get really angry or hurt. I'm a blonde with part redhead, so my pain treshold is WAY too low. Punch me in the face and I'll tear up immediately. :grumpy: It's always annoying that you automatically cry without actually crying.

OH and I cry during movies all the frickin' time. It's really annoying, :lol: Whenever something sad happens, sad music, you know it's just some cry moment, and I can't help it. I also cry when I see others crying, no matter what the reason is.

Crying at a show. I've come close. At some point at every U2 show I've seen - there has been a moment when the spirit moves and I get a little verklempt. Montreal 2 was really special because I was seeing the show with so many hardcore fans. It was awesome to experience that sense of oneness.

Moncton maybe a special brand of spiritual. It's been a journey to get there. It's been my brass ring since I bought the tickets many months ago. Aside from all that, it's the last show of the colossal tour. I'm feeling it. They're feeling it. They are going to be emotional to say goodbye and move on to the next thing, as will I. Now, if on top of all that emotion they play Bad, I am not sure I will be able to contain myself.

Crying at a show. I've come close. At some point at every U2 show I've seen - there has been a moment when the spirit moves and I get a little verklempt. Montreal 2 was really special because I was seeing the show with so many hardcore fans. It was awesome to experience that sense of oneness.

Moncton maybe a special brand of spiritual. It's been a journey to get there. It's been my brass ring since I bought the tickets many months ago. Aside from all that, it's the last show of the colossal tour. I'm feeling it. They're feeling it. They are going to be emotional to say goodbye and move on to the next thing, as will I. Now, if on top of all that emotion they play Bad, I am not sure I will be able to contain myself.

Don't worry, we'll all be crying our eyes out :hug:

I think I'm terrified we'll get a standard set list. I know that it shouldn't matter, but it has been so long since I've heard Bad live.

I think I'm terrified we'll get a standard set list. I know that it shouldn't matter, but it has been so long since I've heard Bad live.

There's no way in hell you will get a standard setlist. This is the last show of not only this leg but an entire 3 year 7 leg tour! There's bound to be surprised and special stuff, and honestly? Bad is pretty much a given.

Okay, honest question, asking out of curiosity about comparing experiences: do you guys actually cry that often at shows, or watching videos of shows? I'm never sure if you are actually shedding tears, or making an exaggeration for internet effect? (Sorry if I'm a terrible person for even thinking that.)

I've teared up once or twice at shows (usually during Streets), but I admit I'm more likely to only cry out of sorrow or frustration than out of sheer joy ... which is I guess what you guys are conveying with your tears?

I'll be curious to see what kind of reaction I have to the final show. If I cry, though, it might be from sheer exhaustion by that point. :lol:

Yes, to the crying at shows. I actually sobbed at Montreal 2. :lol: :reject: I don't cry very often watching tour videos, but I may get teary eyed the first time I see it.

I cry during movies too. :lol: I'm just a very emotional person. :wink:

Is there any other band that can even come close to touching our spirits as much as U2???
icon30.gif

NOTHING comes close.

I can imagine what the band will feel after the conclusion of a concert leg - its go-go-go then all of a sudden it comes to a complete stop. Most bands sit and want to count all the dough they made - our boys keep going because they have that drive. :applaud:

I have a friend who was at the U2 show! Well, he's gone to 2 that I know of this year, but he was at the last one! He took his 17-year old son and his nephew, and he said he nephew took a ton of pics! When he sends them, I see if there are any you girls will :combust: over and post them! :hyper:

I totally forgot he was going, too...

I have a friend who was at the U2 show! Well, he's gone to 2 that I know of this year, but he was at the last one! He took his 17-year old son and his nephew, and he said he nephew took a ton of pics! When he sends them, I see if there are any you girls will :combust: over and post them! :hyper:

I totally forgot he was going, too...

:D:hug: That's being a team player Tara!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom