PGP - Tastier Than a Dublin Mudslide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yay! thank you DG!!! :hug:
Dazz, a nice family that poops too much :lol:

*runs away to don new avatar attire*

dazz, definitely pooper scoopers of every size around here. the rabbit uses her litterbox faithfully...now if i could just get the horse trained!

hmmm....i'm diggin my new avatar. DG, i'll buy ya a ham and cheese pizza and some pepsi... :drool:

CeeCee said:

Mmmm... Ok.

SG, could you let me into your Zoo era Edgie photos? So I can do an Edgie cap?

I have a few.

c919ab.jpg
'

Faraway15.jpg

ruffian said:

what happened?
Liatening to HTDAAB for the first time in a few months. Back when it came out, he did this hilarious commentary on it, posting the times in the songs, and commenting on various aspects of them. Very funny stuff!

I don't dislike Man and a Woman, but relative to the rest of the record, I like it less. I've tried to like it more. Really.

You know the high-pitched "you'll see, you'll see?" Answer Man said that it sounds like Desi Arnez yelling "Luuuuu-cy."

Now that's all I think of when I hear it. :lol:

Diane, I humiliated myself with our reference librarian again today and was thinking of you--I filled out interlibrary loan paperwork after making *sure* we did not own the journal and it wasn't available in full text anywhere...i swear, i searched everywhere online, then smugly submitted my request.

our librarian found the article online. in about 2 minutes :|

i swear, they must think i am a total idiot!

ruffian said:
Diane, I humiliated myself with our reference librarian again today and was thinking of you--I filled out interlibrary loan paperwork after making *sure* we did not own the journal and it wasn't available in full text anywhere...i swear, i searched everywhere online, then smugly submitted my request.

Don't feel bad...it's their job to find things. :hug:

Mu! :hug:

I felt the weather a bit more than the past 2 days
The low 90's and the humidity has been "low" enough for my tolerences to be comfortably running around Brklyn, Manhattan & rthe Bronx - the past 3 days.

this morn it felt a little more H and maybe i was just tireder, but by this afternoon I was able to sit at the edge of Grand Army Palza in the Sun & blue skies for about 45 mins working on my jewelry, berfore i walked the 2 1 more block to arrive at the Library.

I forget where you live around , Mu! Where?

hope your weather has been or is getting nice :D

ruffian said:
dazz, definitely pooper scoopers of every size around here. the rabbit uses her litterbox faithfully...now if i could just get the horse trained!

hmmm....i'm diggin my new avatar. DG, i'll buy ya a ham and cheese pizza and some pepsi... :drool:

:yikes: Don't let Sarah know that rabbits use litterboxes; next thing you know, we'll have one!

VintagePunk said:

Liatening to HTDAAB for the first time in a few months. Back when it came out, he did this hilarious commentary on it, posting the times in the songs, and commenting on various aspects of them. Very funny stuff!

I don't dislike Man and a Woman, but relative to the rest of the record, I like it less. I've tried to like it more. Really.

You know the high-pitched "you'll see, you'll see?" Answer Man said that it sounds like Desi Arnez yelling "Luuuuu-cy."

:lmao: you need to meet michael--he is absolutely wonderful. I'd nominate him Most Eligible U2 bachelor but he's married :madspit:

DG, my diet was going swimmingly and I've been a good girl, and this week I lost 0 pounds! Despite good efforts!!!! WTF??? I've been lifting weights so maybe that is it, but still...been running 4 days a week and other cardio the others days. Hmmmph! but at least my jeans will zip now, unlike after I got back in the country...:reject:

VintagePunk said:

I :heart: Answer Man, but I hated his review of A Man and A Woman.

VP, did you see Answer Man's @u2.com blog entries from Europe and the Dublin shows earlier this summer? Not as hilarous, but still good.

I miss Answer Man when he's not around.

sami0201 said:

me either. I just can't really get into it :shrug:

I love HTDAAB. It's in my Top 5 for U2 albums. (If I posted that in EYKIW they'd all be in an uproar :lol:) But AMAAW is the only track I skip. I've tried listening to it again, but I wind up skipping it about a minute in. :lol:

ruffian said:

If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me. :huh:

Diane L said:
Dazz, I hope you're in nice air conditioning right now. I am sweltering on Long Island!

It's still not as bad as it was the last two weeks, though.

I just got home from Long Island on Monday :sad:

I thought the weather was hot there, then I got down here!:|

Diane L said:

Don't feel bad...it's their job to find things. :hug:

it's all the electronic resources that get me...so many ways to search, and it changes all the time. :sigh: anyway, they are always kind to me and they know i worship them :wink:

OMG :shocked: I know a lot of you don't think Sean Astin's attractive, but I just saw pics of him in a speedo and holy :censored: the rumours about his er... size appear to be true :ohmy: :ohmy:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me. :huh:

its the worst, esp. at a small school where i'm not an anonymous requester.

i'm not big on AMAAW either...lyrics are ok but music...meh.

ruffian said:

:lmao: you need to meet michael--he is absolutely wonderful. I'd nominate him Most Eligible U2 bachelor but he's married :madspit:

DG, my diet was going swimmingly and I've been a good girl, and this week I lost 0 pounds! Despite good efforts!!!! WTF??? I've been lifting weights so maybe that is it, but still...been running 4 days a week and other cardio the others days. Hmmmph! but at least my jeans will zip now, unlike after I got back in the country...:reject:

Dieting is hard, so I feel your pain :hug:. I've been trying to lose the 25-30 lbs I gained a few years ago for awhile and only now I'm succeeding.

Do you drink alot of water? I drink a minimum 3 or 4 bottles a day. It flushes out the fat cells.

P.S.: I've seen your pictures. I really don't think you need to diet. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:
Mu! :hug:

I felt the weather a bit more than the past 2 days
The low 90's and the humidity has been "low" enough for my tolerences to be comfortably running around Brklyn, Manhattan & rthe Bronx - the past 3 days.

this morn it felt a little more H and maybe i was just tireder, but by this afternoon I was able to sit at the edge of Grand Army Palza in the Sun & blue skies for about 45 mins working on my jewelry, berfore i walked the 2 1 more block to arrive at the Library.

I forget where you live around , Mu! Where?

hope your weather has been or is getting nice :D

Glad the weathers more bearable today!

I live in Vancouver. It says under my avator :giggle:

We've been having really good weather for the last couple weeks. It's around 30 degrees today...don't know what that is in Farenheit. Maybe VP can help out with that. :wink: It's probably the hottest we'll get to.

I have a sudden obsession with Fast Cars. I have it on repeat right now :lol:

Diane L said:
Dazz, I hope you're in nice air conditioning right now. I am sweltering on Long Island!

It's still not as bad as it was the last two weeks, though.

at the library do it has to be a/c'd. At home there is a ??10,00 BU a'c in the living room. I keep my door open and have a nice big 20" inch standing fan that daws some of the a/c in!

So i'm comfortable most of the time :bow:s to a/c anywhere it is

but the most important thing besides drinking lotsa water, staying in the shade alot...i have regained the more normal "discomforture" range of my reaction to humidity.

jobob said:

I :heart: Answer Man, but I hated his review of A Man and A Woman.

VP, did you see Answer Man's @u2.com blog entries from Europe and the Dublin shows earlier this summer? Not as hilarous, but still good.

I miss Answer Man when he's not around.

I swear, I listen to the song, find cool things about it, certain lines appeal to me...this time, I noticed that the bass line is really cool. Then they get to the Luuuuuuu-cy part, and I lose it.

Yes, Answer Man needs to get back to work. Other than that one review, he's been on hiatus for what? A year? Two? :|

I'll have to look up his blog entries.

daygloeyes2 said:

I love HTDAAB. It's in my Top 5 for U2 albums. (If I posted that in EYKIW they'd all be in an uproar :lol:) But AMAAW is the only track I skip. I've tried listening to it again, but I wind up skipping it about a minute in. :lol:

me too. I :heart: the album but I took me a while to get into the second part of it (Crumbs, One Step Closer, A Man and a Woman, Yahweh-I always loved OOTS) now I love all of those songs but I just can't get into AMAAW :shrug:

daygloeyes2 said:

Dieting is hard, so I feel your pain :hug:. I've been trying to lose the 25-30 lbs I gained a few years ago for awhile and only now I'm succeeding.

Do you drink alot of water? I drink a minimum 3 or 4 bottles a day. It flushes out the fat cells.

P.S.: I've seen your pictures. I really don't think you need to diet. :wink:

you are obviously near-sighted, my love :heart: but thanks. i'm doing weight watchers with a friend, so i'm drinking 64 oz a day :slant: i had lots of soy sauce the night before i weighed in so i'm hoping that had something to do with it, but still :sad: and really, i just LOVE to eat!

sami0201 said:

me either. I just can't really get into it :shrug:

I like it. :) It's not as great as the rest of the album but I like it more than One Step Closer. One Step Closer is the song that I can't get into for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom