PGP: Take me higher!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alisaura said:

The Brownlow is the annual Best and Fairest medal for Aussie Rules football... the only reason anyone actually watches it is to see what the footballer's wives are wearing, I think! :rolleyes:

I usually refer to myself as a Melbournite, but lots of people say Melbournian too, it's not a big deal :wink:

This confuses me....but then again I'm easily confused about a lot of things :huh: :giggle:

I conside you and Fiona equals and I consider you both my favorite Australian(s) :hug: :wink:

love2bmama said:
what is that, the Brownlow Medal? Sounds like fun. :tsk:

I didn't want to hurt Fiona's feelings by saying you were my favorite Australian, so you were defautled to Melbournian. :shh: Melbournite? Melbourner?

:hug:

i missed this first time round, you're too cute! i have absolutely no idea how i should be referred to as a sydney-person.....sydneyan? sydney-ite? i'm as confused as you! :ohmy:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

This confuses me....but then again I'm easily confused about a lot of things :huh: :giggle:

I conside you and Fiona equals and I consider you both my favorite Australian(s) :hug: :wink:

i'm confused too! :giggle:

:hug:

thanks for the massive ego-boost! i post "regularly" on here for 2 days and already i'm in yr good books :wink:

love2bmama said:
:yes: Ali, you are a bad u2 fan and your punishment is to learn the bass part for 40. I figure it must be pretty hard if Adam still doesn't know it after all these years. :wink:
Let that be a lesson to you, next time one of our boys writes a song that's nominated for an Oscar you are required by u2 fan law to watch said movie. :tsk:

Ye gods, you want me to learn a bass line that Mr Genius Edge made up?! :yikes: I repent!!

...It got nominated for an Oscar?!
(I didn't think it was THAT good... but then I'm not an American :wink: )

Hee hee... years ago I confessed in Zoo Confessionals that I used to think U2 was an American band... :reject:

... And I choose not to mention how long it was before I DID hear the song in question (which I'm pretty sure is Hands that Built America). Never mind that I can't actually remember where I first heard it (aside from Bono's snippet in Miss Sarajevo!).

:reject: :reject:

On a totally unrelated note:

Champagne Supernova... :drool:

Last edited:
andberlin said:

i missed this first time round, you're too cute! i have absolutely no idea how i should be referred to as a sydney-person.....sydneyan? sydney-ite? i'm as confused as you! :ohmy:

I've heard "Sydney-sider" used... :scratch:

andberlin said:

that's the awesomest thing i've heard this week!! :lol: you win at life!! :wink: :lol:

*secret champagne supernova love*

Yay! I win!! :dance:

:D

You know what else is good... Morning Glory....
*secretOasisfan* :shifty:
I've actually only got that one album... :wink:

I actually knew syndey-sider, too, but I forgot. I heard it when the olympics were down there, of course.

what is this champagne supernova you speak of? Seriously, I'm totally lost...I guess we're all taking turns being confused, lol!

love2bmama said:
I actually knew syndey-sider, too, but I forgot. I heard it when the olympics were down there, of course.

what is this champagne supernova you speak of? Seriously, I'm totally lost...I guess we're all taking turns being confused, lol!

so did i and i completely blanked on it! way to go me :reject: :lol:

andberlin said:

*hides under a rock in utter shame*

Ooh! What sort of rock is it?? :hyper: Igneous? Sedimentary?

:nerd:

And I mostly got confused about U2's nationality while my friend was force-feeding me Rattle & Hum... aside from assuming that any mega-successful band would be American, there was all that stuff about America in Bullet, and let's face it, Bono was sounding a wee bit American there, whether by accident or design.

I did have suspicions when he did that rant in SBS though... :hmm:

Alisaura said:

And I mostly got confused about U2's nationality while my friend was force-feeding me Rattle & Hum... aside from assuming that any mega-successful band would be American, there was all that stuff about America in Bullet, and let's face it, Bono was sounding a wee bit American there, whether by accident or design.

I did have suspicions when he did that rant in SBS though... :hmm:

I think that another reason for the confusion is because of the fact that Bono likes to talk about the United States....and he has said that he is very fond of the United States too :wink:

Alisaura said:

*tries to recall high school science classes*

i KNOW if i was still living in auckland i'd be hiding under an igneous rock, but as i'm in sydney, err i'm gonna go with sedimentary - is sandstone sedimentary? i totally forget :eek:

Ugly in a handsome way... :lol:

And yes Weldy, that threw me off too! Silly Bono, going around confusing people... :tsk:

I love my mp3 player... but it seems to be totally obsessed with Hiro's theme from the Captive s/track... it's on random but it's played that three times today!!

Ooh, Jimmy Eat World... :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom