PGP-Stocking Up On Eyepatches For 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay - so now the head of the dept knows I'm going for the 11-12 year, and she says she accepted my application and that she let the admissions dept know I was "in". But somehow between that conversation and the admissions dept acutally looking at my application, the message was lost. I guess they didn't associate my application with the conversation. :huh:

But yes, this potentially means that I'm in and that I can leave my grant application the way it stands. AND if I don't get the grant, I know they want to work with me and can apply again next year as an independent researcher.

My friend told me a story about applying for the same grant for 4 years and then finally decided to pay his own way, but got the grant on the 5th try :shrug:

Those rates are awesome Kristen!:hyper:

I don't need the reservations sheet, I just wanted to know how much to budget! I really appreciate you letting me be your roomie! Thanks!:hug:

Okay - so now the head of the dept knows I'm going for the 11-12 year, and she says she accepted my application and that she let the admissions dept know I was "in". But somehow between that conversation and the admissions dept acutally looking at my application, the message was lost. I guess they didn't associate my application with the conversation. :huh:

But yes, this potentially means that I'm in and that I can leave my grant application the way it stands. AND if I don't get the grant, I know they want to work with me and can apply again next year as an independent researcher.

My friend told me a story about applying for the same grant for 4 years and then finally decided to pay his own way, but got the grant on the 5th try :shrug:

What a roller coaster ride!:huh: I hope it all works out. At least there is hope!:hug:

Well I'm hoping for the best outcome for you Zooey! :hug:

Those rates are awesome Kristen!:hyper:

I don't need the reservations sheet, I just wanted to know how much to budget! I really appreciate you letting me be your roomie! Thanks!:hug:

No prob! It's gonna be so much fun. I'm just writing down all the hotel costs right now and estimating costs for planes and trains :yikes:

thanks guys.

ooh - travel plans! I don't think I'm going to start thinking about that really until Jan or Feb. Gotta see how much this raise is going to be, like, how much per paycheck. My guess is it's gonna be about $0.12 :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get a good seat sale on Porter. Often you have to wait for those, and I like booking as soon as possible, so it will be interesting to see what airfares I actually get. That rate for the Q Inn is good though. I think the Days Inn takes the cake for price gouging for the concert!:crack:

Hopefully we will get a good seat sale on Porter. Often you have to wait for those, and I like booking as soon as possible, so it will be interesting to see what airfares I actually get. That rate for the Q Inn is good though. I think the Days Inn takes the cake for price gouging for the concert!:crack:

Is Porter the train thingey? (That being the technical term.) When I looked at flights, I found some Montreal/Toronto ones online for like $100, and it's only about an hour flight. Although by that point I might be totally sick of planes! (Ahem. If I go.)

Porter is an airline! Some are using it to fly from Chicago to Montreal. I am using it to fly from Thunder Bay. The treain is VIA Rail. The good thing with Porter is that it lands on an island close to dwontown, so you save the hefty cab fair from the regular airport. The train between Montreal and Toronto brings you into downtown Toronto too!

:hi5: for sitting perfectly quiet and lady-like at Lakehead sports games :lol:

I'm definitely send you those this afternoon. You gotta cheer for Lakehead though :wink:

They've been in the OUA for as long as I can remember :hmm:

Well duh :wink: I'm not going to cheer for UofT! :lol:

The Booster club rocked *g* I have fond memories of putting posters up all over the Braun building on Sunday nights for the next weekend's games... Coach Lou and Coach Stu loved us :D I guess Stu is still there helping with the men's team now?

(I also don't have pics from 1993 from a fan bus trip down to London to watch the women's OUs - where about 30 of us outdid Western's 'fans' in their own building - nor is my face completely blue and white in some of said pics after the second part of the trip to Brock where we were watching the men's quarterfinals... Nor were my parents amused as all hell seeing me get off the bus after we got back to the hotel in London while I was still in said painted condition :lol: Needless to say I washed it off before they took me out to dinner :wink:)

Wow. :hug: Hopefully things will be smoother from here on out. Sounds like quite the clusterfuck, but at least they're realizing their error.

I'm SO excited for Montreal!! I'm a dork and have already made up a tentative budget so that I could start saving. :lol: I always overbudget for my trips, but I know Montreal's a pricey city. I don't know how much my accommodation is going to cost yet, but hopefully it won't be too over the top. :)

Kristen said there is a Tim Horton's and a Subway near the stadium. A Walmart too! Good thing because we are staying near there, and I will need my Ice Capp fix! I have never been to Montreal, so I can't wait to do a little sightseeing. That is why I am now arriving on Wednesday instead of Thursday!

We have to hit the Crescent St. bars at some point while we're there too :lol: Now if only I could remember whether that kareoke place we saw - but didn't go into - was on that street or not we could go there too! Especially if it was one of those places where you can rent a private room for your group to sing in :lol:

Kristen said there is a Tim Horton's and a Subway near the stadium. A Walmart too! Good thing because we are staying near there, and I will need my Ice Capp fix! I have never been to Montreal, so I can't wait to do a little sightseeing. That is why I am now arriving on Wednesday instead of Thursday!

I've never been either. :) I'm planning on arriving on Thursday, but since I'm not going to the show on Friday I'll have all of that day to look around. Although maybe I should think about coming a day sooner so that I have more time. :hmm: :lol: I don't know. :lol:

At least I'll be staying with someone who knows the city, so he can show us around to the good spots. :D

thanks guys.

ooh - travel plans! I don't think I'm going to start thinking about that really until Jan or Feb. Gotta see how much this raise is going to be, like, how much per paycheck. My guess is it's gonna be about $0.12

You deserve a big fat raise!!

Of course DG and I were talking yesterday about where to stand in Oakland Nothing like planning ahead!

:lol:

I've been doing the same thing with other ppl :reject: I love planning ahead too.

Well duh I'm not going to cheer for UofT!

The Booster club rocked *g* I have fond memories of putting posters up all over the Braun building on Sunday nights for the next weekend's games... Coach Lou and Coach Stu loved us I guess Stu is still there helping with the men's team now?

(I also don't have pics from 1993 from a fan bus trip down to London to watch the women's OUs - where about 30 of us outdid Western's 'fans' in their own building - nor is my face completely blue and white in some of said pics after the second part of the trip to Brock where we were watching the men's quarterfinals... Nor were my parents amused as all hell seeing me get off the bus after we got back to the hotel in London while I was still in said painted condition Needless to say I washed it off before they took me out to dinner

I'd love to see those pictures :wink:

Wow. :hug: Hopefully things will be smoother from here on out. Sounds like quite the clusterfuck, but at least they're realizing their error.

I'm SO excited for Montreal!! I'm a dork and have already made up a tentative budget so that I could start saving. I always overbudget for my trips, but I know Montreal's a pricey city. I don't know how much my accommodation is going to cost yet, but hopefully it won't be too over the top.

I've been writing down costs and estimating food and extra costs as well. I like to know ahead of time too so I know how much to put away each month.

You'll love Montreal Amy! It's so pretty and there's tons to see.
Me, Val, and Liz scoped out the area around the Hippodrome and there are tons of restaurants and yes the Walmart is perfectly situated there :sexywink:

We have to hit the Crescent St. bars at some point while we're there too Now if only I could remember whether that kareoke place we saw - but didn't go into - was on that street or not we could go there too! Especially if it was one of those places where you can rent a private room for your group to sing in

Oh god, that would be a blast!!

I've never been either. I'm planning on arriving on Thursday, but since I'm not going to the show on Friday I'll have all of that day to look around. Although maybe I should think about coming a day sooner so that I have more time. :hmm: :lol: I don't know. :lol:

At least I'll be staying with someone who knows the city, so he can show us around to the good spots. :D

You can bring us all food on the Friday if you need something to do :shifty:

I've been writing down costs and estimating food and extra costs as well. I like to know ahead of time too so I know how much to put away each month.

You can bring us all food on the Friday if you need something to do :shifty:

Yup. All the GST rebates and "you're so poor, so here's some extra cash" money I get from the government from now until then will go towards this, as will my tax return next year, so I don't have to put very much aside each month. I obviously don't know how much my tax return will be, but I'm positive it will be at least what I got last year, if not more.

:lol: Maybe, if I'm feeling generous, and it's not too out of the way from where we're staying. :wink: Although I think my roommates are going to both shows, so they'll probably harass me to bring them stuff. :giggle:

I will admit that I Mapquested the closest Starbucks to the Montreal stadium. But maybe I should go native and do Tim Hortons instead!

We have to hit the Crescent St. bars at some point while we're there too :lol: Now if only I could remember whether that kareoke place we saw - but didn't go into - was on that street or not we could go there too! Especially if it was one of those places where you can rent a private room for your group to sing in :lol:

I am officially inviting myself to any bar outing. :D *cough* If I go to Canada.

Yup. All the GST rebates and "you're so poor, so here's some extra cash" money I get from the government from now until then will go towards this, as will my tax return next year, so I don't have to put very much aside each month. I obviously don't know how much my tax return will be, but I'm positive it will be at least what I got last year, if not more.

:lol: Maybe, if I'm feeling generous, and it's not too out of the way from where we're staying. :wink: Although I think my roommates are going to both shows, so they'll probably harass me to bring them stuff. :giggle:

I figured out exactly how many extra articles I'd need to write to finance a trip, and it isn't too bad. I just need to be careful about not spending the money on something else! Separate bank account or something.

Kristen, you should come to one of my son's hockey games this year. When he plays at 5:30, we get to watch the Thunderwolves run around and warm up!:shifty: My mom and I just looked at each other the first time it happened, with the biggest smiles on our faces. They run in these spandex shorts things...interesting. Quite often, they would come and sit right behind us to watch the kids play. Hot damn, they are good looking!:wink:

I will admit that I Mapquested the closest Starbucks to the Montreal stadium. But maybe I should go native and do Tim Hortons instead!

I am officially inviting myself to any bar outing. :D *cough* If I go to Canada.

Of course you are invited!:wink: Tim Hortons is good, my hubby prefers it over Starbucks! :up:

I figured out exactly how many extra articles I'd need to write to finance a trip, and it isn't too bad. I just need to be careful about not spending the money on something else! Separate bank account or something.

If you come to Canada, you absolutely need to try Timmy's. :yes: I think we're allowed to kick you out immediately if you don't. :wink:

And of course you're welcome to any bar outing. The more the merrier! :drunk:

If you can do separate bank accounts, that's a great way. I have 3 savings accounts. :lol: One for the future house (ie: this money is going to sit here and rot forever :lol: ), one for emergencies, and one for travel. That way I'm never tempted to unnecessarily spend the money in those savings accounts. If everything, including regular money, was just all in one account (which it used to be), it was so hard to keep track of how much money I actually had available to spend at that moment. :lol:

I'm so damn responsible with my money these days, it's a little sad. :lol:

Of course you are invited!:wink: Tim Hortons is good, my hubby prefers it over Starbucks! :up:

July 2011: The summer of international band stalking and coffee taste testing! :up:

If you come to Canada, you absolutely need to try Timmy's. :yes: I think we're allowed to kick you out immediately if you don't. :wink:

And of course you're welcome to any bar outing. The more the merrier! :drunk:

If you can do separate bank accounts, that's a great way. I have 3 savings accounts. :lol: One for the future house (ie: this money is going to sit here and rot forever :lol: ), one for emergencies, and one for travel. That way I'm never tempted to unnecessarily spend the money in those savings accounts. If everything, including regular money, was just all in one account (which it used to be), it was so hard to keep track of how much money I actually had available to spend at that moment. :lol:

I'm so damn responsible with my money these days, it's a little sad. :lol:

Maybe you will rub off on me, I SUCK at money! But I can become surprisingly organized when I'm saving up for something I actually want, vs boring everyday things.

Back
Top Bottom