PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, I had a Tom Cruise poster back in the day. :shifty::reject:

However... I know I'll need to climb back in my box after this statement, but I still like him as an actor. Admittedly I haven't seen everything he does lately, just the MI movies, War of the Worlds, and some others but I still enjoy his acting in those. :reject:
But it's his acting only... I don't know what the heck is with him in real life. :huh:

And oh I've posted that pic of the U2 eggs I think every Easter since 2006, so you may have seen it another year. :reject:

I admittedly haven't seen a lot of his films either, probably none since Mission Impossible... you can still appreciate his acting while being baffled by the rest of him!

Maybe I have then... memory fail. :lol:

Yikes! I miss the good old days where we'd just about burn through a thread or two everyday. What happened! :scream: For me. the reason I haven't been around is that college has all but taken my soul.

I'm too old and slow to keep up with that sort of pace any more... :lol: :reject:

How's college going? What course are you doing?

It's going good. Right now I'm working my way up for a diploma in EMS Professions and a degree as a paramedic. I know for sure that it isn't for everyone, but I knew this was what I wanted to do the minute I saw what they do. Saving someone's life would be an amazing accomplishment. On another note what I'm taking right now is basic psychology and I really hate it. There is a special place in heaven for those who major in it.

Wow, good on you! You're right about it not being right for everyone, but paramedics will (unfortunately) always be in demand. Is the psychology something you have to do as a breadth subject? I did a bit of it at secondary school, I enjoyed it then but we didn't have to do a lot of statistics.

The earlier ones are more awesome than his later ones... but he was the Doctor for so long there is still a lot of awesomeness there. I watched Robot a couple of weeks ago (his first story), and it was hilarious in many different ways. :giggle:

Oh yes, I was going to say about Tom Cruise - I'm old enough to remember when Top Gun came out and people took him seriously then... how times have changed.
I look forward to the end of next month, when they show one of his stories.

Jon Pertwee is weird, though. :ohmy: I like him and all, but I find him a little weird. And, as the Doctor, his reaction to seeing himself in a mirror for the first time since his regeneration was pretty damn giggly. And I do enjoy the Nestene Consciousness.... and UNIT. They're both turning out to be much more fun than I thought :giggle:.

I don't know if he I can remember a time he's been taken seriously... I only started paying attention to that side of the movie business back in 2002. Before that, I didn't really care about stuff that wasn't... um... well, I didn't really care about real life side of entertainment. Still don't, really. But, if I'm watching the news and they talk about it, I will pay attention :reject:

Oh yeah, I had a Tom Cruise poster back in the day. :shifty::reject:

However... I know I'll need to climb back in my box after this statement, but I still like him as an actor. Admittedly I haven't seen everything he does lately, just the MI movies, War of the Worlds, and some others but I still enjoy his acting in those. :reject:
But it's his acting only... I don't know what the heck is with him in real life. :huh:

I like him as an actor too! As a person, he freaks the hell out of me. :reject:

It's the same with Mel Gibson. I think he's a terrific actor. As a person... I refuse to comment. :reject:

:reject:

It's going good. Right now I'm working my way up for a diploma in EMS Professions and a degree as a paramedic. I know for sure that it isn't for everyone, but I knew this was what I wanted to do the minute I saw what they do. Saving someone's life would be an amazing accomplishment. On another note what I'm taking right now is basic psychology and I really hate it. There is a special place in heaven for those who major in it.

hey flybabe!:wave:

wow bless you for going for the EMS :hug: all medical work has ot levels of stress but Emergency stuff got to be up at the top!

you'll just have to go belt out U2 and other fav songs in the shower as a
a stress reliever!
:hmm: If you think about it there should be aq psycholoy class for
EMS workers for themselves, working as a team and helping thbe injured.

snow is starting to melt here :drool::heart:

O9tH2FA.gif

:wave: GG, JJ

we are still getting alot of 7C - 9C here which is
below normal. 12C is about out daytime high average for
this early part of spring.

JJ - usually the infrequent earlyish spring storm for the NYC doesn't go beyond
about April 6th or 7th. 5 more days we are in the clear! :hyper: A couple of waaaay far apart piles of snow in our North New Jersey area ( about 50 miles NW of Giants stadium) as we walked from thr trtain to our cousin's.

:wave::wave: to folks dropping in later on

I think it's a combination of us (as fans) and the media. We keep hounding them to the brink. So it's only natural for them to go :coocoo:

I agree.

And on a completely unrelated note

I do believe my parents' marriage is over, said and done. Yesterday, my dad and brother got into a fight, and today, well, nothing actually happened that I know of, but as soon as my dad left for work, my mom said she would lock him out of the house and tell him he's no longer welcome. :sad: And people wonder why I never want to get married.

But, after the initial shock of her saying that, I'm actually okay with it. I mean, they're unhappy. I know that. And, now that I'm thinking about it, I honestly can't remember the last time they were happy together. And that's what breaks my heart. That knowledge right there.

I think I'm gonna avoid my usual internet haunts for a while. Just until I know what the hell I'm gonna do.

tara, having "been there, done that", when I was already an adult, I can say that sometimes it is for the best. If you feel close to both of your parents, you can maintain a relationship with both of them, just at different times/different places, as my son has. Hugs to you! :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about that Tara :hug:
Just talk with your parents about how you feel when the time is right and why you still love both of them (even if they may divorce and will hate each other possibly.)

I may be on that sort of level Tara but my parents both thought of having affairs out in California at one time decades ago. My mom had a thing for a doctor of hers at one point (he was moving his pratice out in California...so that's why I said what I said) and my dad was like "If she ever had a fling with him...then I can have a fling with a friend of mine out in California". Thankfully they both snapped out of it and decided to stay together. Mind you this is what my dad told me since my mom never really talked about her personal life at all (even when they were dating). I'm not excusing what they did in any sort of way (I would have been more pissed if they had actually done it...or just my dad) but I just wanted to sort of explain myself. I'm sorry if I'm talking about myself :reject:

Sorry for the massive amount of spoiler tags...I didn't feel comfortable explaining myself out in "public" fully.

I'm sorry Tara. Life is too short for people to be unhappy. Sometimes therapy helps couples and sometimes it's time to know when to say when. It all works out in the end (survivor of 2 divorces here) even if it is hard to see at the time. Hopefully they find their way to happiness and you can be family on a different plane.

tara :hug::hug:

I hope it works out for you in the end despite the pain right now. If they're that unhappy, and can't seem to resolve things- it might be for the best.Sometimes things don't work out as expected or committed to.

tara, having "been there, done that", when I was already an adult, I can say that sometimes it is for the best. If you feel close to both of your parents, you can maintain a relationship with both of them, just at different times/different places, as my son has. Hugs to you! :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about that Tara :hug:
Just talk with your parents about how you feel when the time is right and why you still love both of them (even if they may divorce and will hate each other possibly.)

I may be on that sort of level Tara but my parents both thought of having affairs out in California at one time decades ago. My mom had a thing for a doctor of hers at one point (he was moving his pratice out in California...so that's why I said what I said) and my dad was like "If she ever had a fling with him...then I can have a fling with a friend of mine out in California". Thankfully they both snapped out of it and decided to stay together. Mind you this is what my dad told me since my mom never really talked about her personal life at all (even when they were dating). I'm not excusing what they did in any sort of way (I would have been more pissed if they had actually done it...or just my dad) but I just wanted to sort of explain myself. I'm sorry if I'm talking about myself :reject:

Sorry for the massive amount of spoiler tags...I didn't feel comfortable explaining myself out in "public" fully.

I'm sorry Tara. Life is too short for people to be unhappy. Sometimes therapy helps couples and sometimes it's time to know when to say when. It all works out in the end (survivor of 2 divorces here) even if it is hard to see at the time. Hopefully they find their way to happiness and you can be family on a different plane.

Thanks everyone for the :hug:.

I swear, my family is driving me insane.

I spent all afternoon trying to figure out how the hell this made me feel, and my mom is now acting like what was said earlier, was never said. :doh::faint::crazy:

Seriously, I'm going fucking insane. I have no idea what I'm supposed to think or feel. And now my head feels like it's literally going to explode, it hurts that much.

hey flybabe!:wave:

wow bless you for going for the EMS :hug: all medical work has ot levels of stress but Emergency stuff got to be up at the top!

you'll just have to go belt out U2 and other fav songs in the shower as a
a stress reliever!
:hmm: If you think about it there should be aq psycholoy class for
EMS workers for themselves, working as a team and helping thbe injured.

Hey and Thank you Dazz!!!!:hug::hug::hug: I'm so sorry I missed this post. I hate psychology personally but I'm sure they are there for EMS professionals to help deal with all of the things they may see in their daily lives. I hope I make a good EMS professional and have a big impact on peoples lives.

Back
Top Bottom