PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of my friends, ali is hoping to get over to London durting the big Dr Who celebrations!

Oh cool! There's a big 3-day convention/event in London on the weekend of the actual anniversary, 23rd of November-ish... unfortunately that's the same date as my Scottish friend's 50th birthday party that I was invited to. It'll be Doctor Who themed so it's all good. :nerd:

That's right, GG said there was hardly any swearing on the Aussie Masterchef... that's only because it airs at about 7pm, too early for swearing on TV to be acceptable. *L*

Er... you might be right, my memory isn't the best either. *L* When did the BRI start? Maybe I'm muddling it up with how I arrived in the PGP "late".

I might have that pic too, but my photos are the very definition of disorganisement. Which is now a totally legit word.

Glad to hear your mum's happy! It so often seems to be the case that people have trouble adapting to new living arrangements.

I'm hardly a regular any more, I'm not likely to get all elitist... :) :hug:

To quote Kermit the Frog, Time's fun when you're having flies... :wink:

He didn't seem fazed, I guess these door-knockers see scarier things. *L*

Thanks!! I've got just about everything crossed, it's making it tricky to drive. :giggle:

Well I'm not one to ask about when things started or ended or when we joined etc... :reject: It's all one big blue blur to me. :lol:

disorganisement is a good word. Totally legit. :up: :D

Good luck with the tornados! :ohmy::hug:

8854_513893478653101_1971971789_n.jpg

Ali I could have sworn you were one of the first BRIers! Shows how good my memory is, not!! :lol:

Dazz I was trying to find the big size of your avi pic and I couldn't find it to post it, damn! I'm so unorganized!

And I cant remember if I've mentioned it here yet or not, but I have just moved back home so I'm really happy right now, though still abit frazzled with still lots of moving type stuff going on. My mom is doing well and happy in her new assisted living place, so it's good. :)

Good to have you back home. I bet the family is too. It's good that your mom is happy and more importantly - safe and looked after.

That was a lovely speech Dazz. I wandered into PGP in spring 2010. It's funny to see how much has changed and stayed the same. It will be interesting to see who wanders back with a new album. But it's good we've stayed here (more or less) without the influence of U2.

omg ! :lol::lol::lol:

I couldn't figure out what you meant by that, comet!

I was so caught up in Firefly and trying to bew in RT popsting with Zu!

Yay me ( 3003? now) :cocktail:

going to enjoy your ZOO B & E photo gifts :D

maybe return woith some semblage of a speech ( we used to do that on the big numbers!

30K! Congrats! And yes, nice speech!

I had that exact same realisation the last time I watched Firefly, last year... :der: I'd seen it before that but had forgotten that line.

:

Glad I'm not the only one.

:angry: FB has taken you allll away!

ah, well!

Yeah, I'm def on fb waaaaaaay more than on here.

Oh Ali, if you come back and see this, I thought of you a couple weeks ago. I went to my first "con". I went to the SteamPunk Convention. It was really cool because it was at Old Tucson Studios, which is basically a giant movie set made up to look like an old west town so it was perfect. I didn't hear too many speakers or panels or anything but it was fun just to see everyone's costumes and stuff. I have a couple pics on fb of my costume... more when we do our Steampunk Midsummer Night's Dream in May.

That's right, GG said there was hardly any swearing on the Aussie Masterchef... that's only because it airs at about 7pm, too early for swearing on TV to be acceptable. *L*

Really? :giggle:

Loved the shows we saw, two seasons I think. In the end it was just all a big family, that was really lovely. :thumbs:

Sheesh you gals have been busy :D Neato!

Oh Ali, if you come back and see this, I thought of you a couple weeks ago. I went to my first "con". I went to the SteamPunk Convention. It was really cool because it was at Old Tucson Studios, which is basically a giant movie set made up to look like an old west town so it was perfect. I didn't hear too many speakers or panels or anything but it was fun just to see everyone's costumes and stuff. I have a couple pics on fb of my costume... more when we do our Steampunk Midsummer Night's Dream in May.

:hyper: cool, zu!

Yes I love that look! Trying to make a few necklaces over time.

PLEASE post some pics here!!! :yes:

gotta leave see you all tonmight , tomorrow or something! :lol:

go well:wave::wave:

*never feels like "one of the gang"* but that's more of my own thing than anything else. :shrug:

I wish I could go to the Doctor Who celebrations in November. :sad: It'd be a dream come true..... maybe BBCAmerica will have a contest for it.

And, for anyone who's interested

My mom's completed 7 radiation treatments. She still has 5 full weeks left of every day (except Saturday and Sunday), but it's getting done. :)

Cool! I did see one of those pics and wondered what was going on, you all looked amazing. :) And that is half the fun, I think, seeing everyone dressed up and the wonderful costumes. Some English friends of mine made themselves fantastic steampunk costumes for Dragon Con, the last time I went, let me see if I can find a pic...

P9030073_zps604796e9.jpg

And this amused me on the menu of the hotel I stayed at:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/Alisaura/DragonCon 2011/P9040133_zps7adea6da.jpg
:giggle: Tasted pretty good, too!

Really? :giggle:

Loved the shows we saw, two seasons I think. In the end it was just all a big family, that was really lovely. :thumbs:

I don't really watch any reality shows, but I got the impression the atmosphere was a lot nicer on Masterchef than on most of the other shows. If you ever get the Australian version of My Kitchen Rules, STAY AWAY. From the ads I've seen it's all about creating interpersonal conflict and what, there's cooking too? Pfft.

Nice new thread! :wink:

I have nothing interesting to say, but thought I'd pop by for a quick hello. So, hello! :D

Hello Thora! :wave: How's things with you?

*never feels like "one of the gang"* but that's more of my own thing than anything else. :shrug:

I wish I could go to the Doctor Who celebrations in November. :sad: It'd be a dream come true..... maybe BBCAmerica will have a contest for it.

And, for anyone who's interested

My mom's completed 7 radiation treatments. She still has 5 full weeks left of every day (except Saturday and Sunday), but it's getting done. :)

Don't worry, I'm kinda the same way. :hug:

They might also be organising something in the States (or several of them, who knows) to celebrate the anniversary as well... Given how popular Doctor Who has become outside of the UK in recent years, I would guess that someone will be celebrating the anniversary somehow in a lot of places. Fingers crossed!

I was going to ask how she was going... glad they're getting through the treatment, I really hope it gets zapped for good.

Cool! I did see one of those pics and wondered what was going on, you all looked amazing. :) And that is half the fun, I think, seeing everyone dressed up and the wonderful costumes. Some English friends of mine made themselves fantastic steampunk costumes for Dragon Con, the last time I went, let me see if I can find a pic...

P9030073_zps604796e9.jpg

And this amused me on the menu of the hotel I stayed at:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/Alisaura/DragonCon 2011/P9040133_zps7adea6da.jpg
:giggle: Tasted pretty good, too!

That menu :giggle:

Don't worry, I'm kinda the same way. :hug:

They might also be organising something in the States (or several of them, who knows) to celebrate the anniversary as well... Given how popular Doctor Who has become outside of the UK in recent years, I would guess that someone will be celebrating the anniversary somehow in a lot of places. Fingers crossed!

I was going to ask how she was going... glad they're getting through the treatment, I really hope it gets zapped for good.

:hug:

I really hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I live in Utah, and with my luck, the closest celebration would take place in California.... which I would have no one to take me to. *does not drive* :shifty:

She hates it, but she has the same view: hopefully it gets zapped for good.

Really? I recently met another DW fan here, but she's my brother's sort-of gf AND she's like, 5 years younger than me.... she makes me feel really old. :reject:

I'm watching "Rock of Ages" on HBO right now, and can't stop giggling at Tom Cruise.... is that bad?

:shifty: I hope no one minds if I post a short rant.

Today on the Facebook page called U2.com, which is NOT the real U2.com or has any relation to them, I saw one of my daughters pics. Hey that's neat I thought! We don't mind that at all. So I commented under the pic something like that... Wow cool, my daughters pic from Vegas. And they deleted my comment and blocked me! Then they started spouting some crap about people causing trouble on there and be warned of getting banned. Just WOW. Well it really pissed me off. But not much I can do about it. :shrug: Just really stupid because I actually was fine with the pic there to begin with. :|

Ok I guess I'm done. :sigh:

I don't know why I can't stop giggling at him, because he's actually not that bad in this, but yea. Even his singing isn't all bad.... but I cannot stop the giggling. :lol:

Thanks Comet :hug:. I'm glad things are working out good for you and yours. :D

I swear sometimes I just feel like I'm done with it. :| I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days I delete my account. :shifty:

I actually am really enjoying Instagram though. :hmm: I'm having fun taking pics on my phone and posting them there, so if I do leave FB, I'll just stay on Instagram with pics. :D

Hello Thora! :wave: How's things with you?

I'm doing pretty good, thanks! Life is busy and exhausting and busy and mostly good and oh, did I mention busy?! :lol: I can't complain too much, though. I live for the weekends (well, the ones where I don't have to work), and I'm looking forward to an extra long weekend next week. I'm trying to get down to Seattle, if I can get all the details figured out. Which reminds me, I HAVE to call my aunt about that tomorrow. :lol:

How about you?

:shifty: I hope no one minds if I post a short rant.

Today on the Facebook page called U2.com, which is NOT the real U2.com or has any relation to them, I saw one of my daughters pics. Hey that's neat I thought! We don't mind that at all. So I commented under the pic something like that... Wow cool, my daughters pic from Vegas. And they deleted my comment and blocked me! Then they started spouting some crap about people causing trouble on there and be warned of getting banned. Just WOW. Well it really pissed me off. But not much I can do about it. :shrug: Just really stupid because I actually was fine with the pic there to begin with. :|

Ok I guess I'm done. :sigh:

Rant away. I saw that post and couldn't believe it. :tsk: What assholes. :down:

Back
Top Bottom