Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:16 AM
GG, JJ

we are still getting alot of 7C - 9C here which is
below normal. 12C is about out daytime high average for
this early part of spring.

JJ - usually the infrequent earlyish spring storm for the NYC doesn't go beyond
about April 6th or 7th. 5 more days we are in the clear! A couple of waaaay far apart piles of snow in our North New Jersey area ( about 50 miles NW of Giants stadium) as we walked from thr trtain to our cousin's.

to folks dropping in later on

Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAsi View Post
snow is starting to melt here

That picture sorta freaks me out just a bit

Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
I like him as an actor too! As a person, he freaks the hell out of me.

It's the same with Mel Gibson. I think he's a terrific actor. As a person... I refuse to comment.

Don't feel so bad Tara

I swear celebrities personal life is crazier than their professional lives.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier

hi

just found the name of a fantasy/SF graphic novel artist I've have not been ablew tobremember for several years Mac Bati who illustrated a 3 part GN with writer (an artist-illustrator himeslf) Mobeus.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO View Post
Don't feel so bad Tara

I swear celebrities personal life is crazier than their professional lives.

Really, they're completely insane, all of them.

But, as fans, are we to blame?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Really, they're completely insane, all of them.

But, as fans, are we to blame?
I think it's a combination of us (as fans) and the media. We keep hounding them to the brink. So it's only natural for them to go
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I think it's a combination of us (as fans) and the media. We keep hounding them to the brink. So it's only natural for them to go
I agree.

And on a completely unrelated note

I do believe my parents' marriage is over, said and done. Yesterday, my dad and brother got into a fight, and today, well, nothing actually happened that I know of, but as soon as my dad left for work, my mom said she would lock him out of the house and tell him he's no longer welcome. And people wonder why I never want to get married.

But, after the initial shock of her saying that, I'm actually okay with it. I mean, they're unhappy. I know that. And, now that I'm thinking about it, I honestly can't remember the last time they were happy together. And that's what breaks my heart. That knowledge right there.

I think I'm gonna avoid my usual internet haunts for a while. Just until I know what the hell I'm gonna do.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

tara

I hope it works out for you in the end despite the pain right now. If they're that unhappy, and can't seem to resolve things- it might be for the best.Sometimes things don't work out as expected or committed to.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #169
Blue Crack Distributor

tara, having "been there, done that", when I was already an adult, I can say that sometimes it is for the best. If you feel close to both of your parents, you can maintain a relationship with both of them, just at different times/different places, as my son has. Hugs to you!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

I'm sorry to hear about that Tara

Just talk with your parents about how you feel when the time is right and why you still love both of them (even if they may divorce and will hate each other possibly.)

I may be on that sort of level Tara but my parents both thought of having affairs out in California at one time decades ago. My mom had a thing for a doctor of hers at one point (he was moving his pratice out in California...so that's why I said what I said) and my dad was like "If she ever had a fling with him...then I can have a fling with a friend of mine out in California". Thankfully they both snapped out of it and decided to stay together. Mind you this is what my dad told me since my mom never really talked about her personal life at all (even when they were dating). I'm not excusing what they did in any sort of way (I would have been more pissed if they had actually done it...or just my dad) but I just wanted to sort of explain myself. I'm sorry if I'm talking about myself

Sorry for the massive amount of spoiler tags...I didn't feel comfortable explaining myself out in "public" fully.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm sorry Tara. Life is too short for people to be unhappy. Sometimes therapy helps couples and sometimes it's time to know when to say when. It all works out in the end (survivor of 2 divorces here) even if it is hard to see at the time. Hopefully they find their way to happiness and you can be family on a different plane.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
tara

I hope it works out for you in the end despite the pain right now. If they're that unhappy, and can't seem to resolve things- it might be for the best.Sometimes things don't work out as expected or committed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
tara, having "been there, done that", when I was already an adult, I can say that sometimes it is for the best. If you feel close to both of your parents, you can maintain a relationship with both of them, just at different times/different places, as my son has. Hugs to you!
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about that Tara

Just talk with your parents about how you feel when the time is right and why you still love both of them (even if they may divorce and will hate each other possibly.)

I may be on that sort of level Tara but my parents both thought of having affairs out in California at one time decades ago. My mom had a thing for a doctor of hers at one point (he was moving his pratice out in California...so that's why I said what I said) and my dad was like "If she ever had a fling with him...then I can have a fling with a friend of mine out in California". Thankfully they both snapped out of it and decided to stay together. Mind you this is what my dad told me since my mom never really talked about her personal life at all (even when they were dating). I'm not excusing what they did in any sort of way (I would have been more pissed if they had actually done it...or just my dad) but I just wanted to sort of explain myself. I'm sorry if I'm talking about myself

Sorry for the massive amount of spoiler tags...I didn't feel comfortable explaining myself out in "public" fully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
I'm sorry Tara. Life is too short for people to be unhappy. Sometimes therapy helps couples and sometimes it's time to know when to say when. It all works out in the end (survivor of 2 divorces here) even if it is hard to see at the time. Hopefully they find their way to happiness and you can be family on a different plane.

Thanks everyone for the .

I swear, my family is driving me insane.

I spent all afternoon trying to figure out how the hell this made me feel, and my mom is now acting like what was said earlier, was never said.

Seriously, I'm going fucking insane. I have no idea what I'm supposed to think or feel. And now my head feels like it's literally going to explode, it hurts that much.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Tara...family members are supposed to drive you crazy. But you have to take the bad with the good most of the time
Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yea, I know. But, it still pisses me off sometimes.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #175
Blue Crack Supplier

ah, tara.... nothing wro ng with feeling confused, or being upset at your confusion... esp having your mom acting the way she is. It IS confusing.

to others should you arrive
hopefully catch some of you here over the weekend
Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
hey flybabe!

wow bless you for going for the EMS all medical work has ot levels of stress but Emergency stuff got to be up at the top!

you'll just have to go belt out U2 and other fav songs in the shower as a
a stress reliever!
If you think about it there should be aq psycholoy class for
EMS workers for themselves, working as a team and helping thbe injured.
Hey and Thank you Dazz!!!! I'm so sorry I missed this post. I hate psychology personally but I'm sure they are there for EMS professionals to help deal with all of the things they may see in their daily lives. I hope I make a good EMS professional and have a big impact on peoples lives.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier

flybabe

aaawww thanks It's not like you're not busy!

You certainly have a very caring attitude! Sooo important!

glad your were able to pop in!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

i don't even know how that became a double post!(since i already saw the post posted (vs when i can't get through visually).
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thank you guys for letting me vent.

Things have calmed down here.... for now.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yea, I know. But, it still pisses me off sometimes.
Quote:
Thank you guys for letting me vent.

Things have calmed down here.... for now.
I understand Tara

I'm glad things have sorta calmed down a bit.

Tags
#slow day, adam, bono&booze&edgeontheside, edge, happy birthday bono, larry, pgp, u2 where are you?