PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight. :tsk:

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.

:hug: So sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's good to numb yourself a bit I guess.

I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight. :tsk:

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.

I was all ready to write a "yay drunk Thora" post and then I read the rest of it. Bummer. Fuck Cancer!

You made that? Really? That makes it even more awesome! *wants to make an Assassin's Creed costume*

Thanks! like I said, it needs more but I like it and I think it's flattering. I have a hat and I want goggles.

I'm sorry to hear that Thora. That's very tough. My sister found something on her back that they need to examine more closely next week.

I need to go to the dermo :reject:

:hmm: so leather and brass for your holster, zu? :D

Yeah, I have the actually holster, and yes it's leather and uses brass brads to hold it together (rather than sewing it) but I just don't quite know how to attach it to my costume yet.

Thanks! like I said, it needs more but I like it and I think it's flattering. I have a hat and I want goggles.

Goggles are awesome! What kind of hat? *loves hats* :reject:

I still want to make an Assassin's Creed-style costume... just to wear. No one I know will go to a convention with me, and I'd be too nervous to show up alone. :reject: Even if the "Doctor Who" people were in attendance

Ok, the lack of new U2 in my life has reached the critical point.

I'm now looking up Doctor Who audiobooks featuring the adventures of the Eighth Doctor. And all the audio-exclusive ones for the Tenth Doctor.

:reject:

I heard that the guy who plays The Governor on "The Walking Dead" is going to be the next Dr. Who. Don't know if that's true or not. :reject:

:hmm: Hmm... I don't think so... but he already has played the Dr. once, in a Christmas special.

(I could be wrong about future Dr.s though of course! But isn't Matt Smith still the current Dr. with no immediate plans on it changing yet? :reject:)

David Morrissey.

:shifty:

He played the Doctor in the 2008 Christmas special.... sort of. It's kinda complicated and you'd have to watch the episode to understand. (that's my way of saying I suck at explaining :lol:)

And, as far as I know, Matt Smith is contracted through 2014. And, with the way the actors have been going on this show, I bet the next Doctor is gonna be a 15 year old kid. :lmao:

Yup. But I love the busyness. It keeps my days interesting, and time just flies. Hard to believe I've been working for almost 9 months now. I should find out sometime in the next 3 months if the woman I replaced on maternity leave is coming back or not. I've done a good job of not worrying about it, but now that time is starting to run out, I'll admit I'm getting a bit stressed. I don't want to go through the job search crap again. I really hope that she either won't come back, or that there will be a way for me to stay on at the company, as I really enjoy being there. We'll see. :)

Wow, that time has flown! I hope you can stay on, one way or another. Job seeking sucks.

Well, Seattle's out of the question for next weekend now. :( Oh well. I should have thought about it sooner, and started to make plans more in advance, as all my friends and family don't have room at their houses for me to stay, or are out of town/too busy. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to do around here, but if not, a few days off with nothing to do and nowhere to go sounds kinda nice.

I dunno if I'm just getting old, or even lazier, but I love days off with nothing to do. :reject: *L*

Oooh, where would you be going in November? Is that Dragon-Con time? I forget when that is... I love living vicariously through others' travel plans. :D

I'd like to visit the UK in November, for friend-visiting and geek-related purposes. :D I've been invited to a 50th birthday in Scotland (Doctor Who-themed), and other friends go to a tiny convention in Plymouth at that time of year and they've asked me along if I'm in the country. It's got 300 attendees compared to 50,000+ that go to Dragon Con (which happens late Aug or early Sept), so that will be a big difference!

I'd think twice about going to Dragon Con again... it's enormous amounts of fun but there are SO MANY people that go now, trying to move around in the middle of the day is very difficult. And last time I hardly went to any panels, I just wanted to catch up with my friends (which is most of the reason I went anyway). If I do go again, it will be part of a longer trip - last time I only spent four days there and went home again, which was fairly insane.

That's so cool! I think when I was living in New Mexico, they filmed a movie in Albuquerque near where I lived, but they never said anything about it....

They filmed part of Ghost Rider (I think that's what it was called - Nicholas Cage was in it) in Melbourne a number of years ago... a few streets were blocked off in the city, near where I worked, and a bunch of others were dressed up to look like Boston. It was pretty neat but I never saw any filming done, I think it was all happening at night.

I dunno why it was easier for them to fly everyone to Australia to pretend Melbourne was Boston than just filming it in Boston. *L*

Oh no, I'm sorry... that's always awful. :( :hug:

David Morrissey.

He played the Doctor in the 2008 Christmas special.... sort of. It's kinda complicated and you'd have to watch the episode to understand. (that's my way of saying I suck at explaining :lol:)

And, as far as I know, Matt Smith is contracted through 2014. And, with the way the actors have been going on this show, I bet the next Doctor is gonna be a 15 year old kid. :lmao:

Basically he got zapped in the head with a Cyber-Thing and thought he was the Doctor but really he wasn't... or something. *L*

Gods, I hope they don't go any younger with the next one, who- and when-ever that may be... I think they were going to go with someone a bit older after Mr Tennant left, but Matt Smith's audition impressed them so much they just went "bugger it, we don't care how young he is".

And to think people thought Tom Baker was too young at 40 when he took the role... :lol:

David Morrissey.

Thank you :hug:

I understand the :shifty: remark :wink:

Don't worry about it Tara...I don't watch Dr. Who (even though I do get BBC America)...so I have no idea what's happening in that series :hug:

It's tradition I post this pic tonight. :wink:

u2eastereggs2006.jpg:original

It's an oldie. :reject:

Wow, that time has flown! I hope you can stay on, one way or another. Job seeking sucks.

I dunno if I'm just getting old, or even lazier, but I love days off with nothing to do. :reject: *L*

I'd like to visit the UK in November, for friend-visiting and geek-related purposes. :D I've been invited to a 50th birthday in Scotland (Doctor Who-themed), and other friends go to a tiny convention in Plymouth at that time of year and they've asked me along if I'm in the country. It's got 300 attendees compared to 50,000+ that go to Dragon Con (which happens late Aug or early Sept), so that will be a big difference!

I'd think twice about going to Dragon Con again... it's enormous amounts of fun but there are SO MANY people that go now, trying to move around in the middle of the day is very difficult. And last time I hardly went to any panels, I just wanted to catch up with my friends (which is most of the reason I went anyway). If I do go again, it will be part of a longer trip - last time I only spent four days there and went home again, which was fairly insane.

Oh no, I'm sorry... that's always awful. :( :hug:

I hope so too. :up: Yeah, I want to avoid another 10 months of unemployment/stress/depression/job interviews, if I can. :wink:

Days off with nothing to do are lovely from time to time! :up: I haven't done much so far this weekend. I did all my normal weekend errands on Friday, then yesterday I did a whole lotta nothing. I'm going to be a bit more active today, since lying on the couch ALL day yesterday made me feel a bit guilty. :lol: And the weather has been gorgeous, so I'm going to go for a lonnnnnng run/walk today and take advantage of being outside.

Oh wow, that trip sounds awesome!! I hope it works out for you to go.

And thank you. :hug: The family is doing remarkably well. For the last week of her life, she had been declining very quickly, and the end came fast and she was asleep/at peace when she went, which is good. I will have to take a few hours off of work to go to the funeral, but thankfully my boss is lovely and was totally fine with that.

They filmed part of Ghost Rider (I think that's what it was called - Nicholas Cage was in it) in Melbourne a number of years ago... a few streets were blocked off in the city, near where I worked, and a bunch of others were dressed up to look like Boston. It was pretty neat but I never saw any filming done, I think it was all happening at night.

I dunno why it was easier for them to fly everyone to Australia to pretend Melbourne was Boston than just filming it in Boston. *L*
Ha! That is funny! And really neat. I liked that movie.

Basically he got zapped in the head with a Cyber-Thing and thought he was the Doctor but really he wasn't... or something. *L*

Gods, I hope they don't go any younger with the next one, who- and when-ever that may be... I think they were going to go with someone a bit older after Mr Tennant left, but Matt Smith's audition impressed them so much they just went "bugger it, we don't care how young he is".

And to think people thought Tom Baker was too young at 40 when he took the role... :lol:

:lol: I have yet to see any Tom Baker episodes..... I'm looking forward to them. I've heard they're awesome.

Oh yeah I forgot about the part where he wasn't the real Dr. :D

:lol:

Thank you :hug:

I understand the :shifty: remark :wink:

Don't worry about it Tara...I don't watch Dr. Who (even though I do get BBC America)...so I have no idea what's happening in that series :hug:
:hug:

It's tradition I post this pic tonight. :wink:

u2eastereggs2006.jpg:original

It's an oldie. :reject:
I like it!

Days off with nothing to do are lovely from time to time! :up: I haven't done much so far this weekend. I did all my normal weekend errands on Friday, then yesterday I did a whole lotta nothing. I'm going to be a bit more active today, since lying on the couch ALL day yesterday made me feel a bit guilty. :lol: And the weather has been gorgeous, so I'm going to go for a lonnnnnng run/walk today and take advantage of being outside.

I spent all day on the couch yesterday and am guilt-free. :D

And thank you. :hug: The family is doing remarkably well. For the last week of her life, she had been declining very quickly, and the end came fast and she was asleep/at peace when she went, which is good. I will have to take a few hours off of work to go to the funeral, but thankfully my boss is lovely and was totally fine with that.

That's good your boss understands... I unfortunately had to go to a co-worker's funeral last year, and the managers were very understanding about letting everyone go, even though there weren't many people left in the office.

:lol: I have yet to see any Tom Baker episodes..... I'm looking forward to them. I've heard they're awesome.

The earlier ones are more awesome than his later ones... but he was the Doctor for so long there is still a lot of awesomeness there. I watched Robot a couple of weeks ago (his first story), and it was hilarious in many different ways. :giggle:

Oh yes, I was going to say about Tom Cruise - I'm old enough to remember when Top Gun came out and people took him seriously then... how times have changed.

:hmm: I think it was 2006, when Bono still had long hair!

Crumbs, that was before my time in the PGP! I think he'd had it cut by the time the tour came to Aus and I rediscovered my inner U2 fan.

Oh yes, I was going to say about Tom Cruise - I'm old enough to remember when Top Gun came out and people took him seriously then... how times have changed.

Crumbs, that was before my time in the PGP! I think he'd had it cut by the time the tour came to Aus and I rediscovered my inner U2 fan.

Oh yeah, I had a Tom Cruise poster back in the day. :shifty::reject:

However... I know I'll need to climb back in my box after this statement, but I still like him as an actor. Admittedly I haven't seen everything he does lately, just the MI movies, War of the Worlds, and some others but I still enjoy his acting in those. :reject:
But it's his acting only... I don't know what the heck is with him in real life. :huh:

And oh I've posted that pic of the U2 eggs I think every Easter since 2006, so you may have seen it another year. :reject:

So, what's the haps? What have I missed?

Sadly, not much. :sigh: It's been really quiet around here lately. The last thread took over 3 months to finish!

Yikes! I miss the good old days where we'd just about burn through a thread or two everyday. What happened! :scream: For me. the reason I haven't been around is that college has all but taken my soul.

Back
Top Bottom