PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Yeah it's just really weird how they totally took offense with no reason. I thought it would be cool to comment which show the photo was from, but I guess not! I think the same thing happened to another person too. I know there's a language barrier with this site, but it doesn't excuse them rudeness and plain meanness. :angry:

Really? I recently met another DW fan here, but she's my brother's sort-of gf AND she's like, 5 years younger than me.... she makes me feel really old. :reject:

I'm watching "Rock of Ages" on HBO right now, and can't stop giggling at Tom Cruise.... is that bad?

Darn young whippersnappers... :fist: :wink:

So that's three DW fans in Utah!

I haven't seen that one... but I know I can't take Tom Cruise seriously any more.

I swear sometimes I just feel like I'm done with it. :| I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days I delete my account. :shifty:

I actually am really enjoying Instagram though. :hmm: I'm having fun taking pics on my phone and posting them there, so if I do leave FB, I'll just stay on Instagram with pics. :D

I saw that post of yours too - sounds like the people running that page are hyper-paranoid and arseholes to boot. :slant:

I'm doing pretty good, thanks! Life is busy and exhausting and busy and mostly good and oh, did I mention busy?! :lol: I can't complain too much, though. I live for the weekends (well, the ones where I don't have to work), and I'm looking forward to an extra long weekend next week. I'm trying to get down to Seattle, if I can get all the details figured out. Which reminds me, I HAVE to call my aunt about that tomorrow. :lol:

How about you?

So I guess you're pretty busy? :laugh: Weekends are definitely the best... and four-day Easter weekends are the best of all. :D

I'm not bad, not as busy as you, lol. Work's flat out as usual, not sure what sort of job I'll have at the end of the year, but that's a long way away and hopefully I'll have my holiday in November.

And today I put a load of woodchip mulch on the garden beds which will hopefully stop the frickin weeds coming up again.

Comet, that sucks. I don't think I'd leave FB. Since many of the peeps that used to be here don't come here, it's the only way I know what's going on. And i have family scattered around the country and that's how we stay in touch. Besides, when I go into labor, I'll be updating my FB.

Yeah I am pretty much not going without FB either. I keep contact with so many people who are far away. For someone who HATES phonecalls, it's perfect. :lol:

Thanks. Yeah it's just really weird how they totally took offense with no reason. I thought it would be cool to comment which show the photo was from, but I guess not! I think the same thing happened to another person too. I know there's a language barrier with this site, but it doesn't excuse them rudeness and plain meanness. :angry:

Definitely not. They're just going to alienate more people. I had a look last night, and all their latest posts come across as VERY defensive and rude. Oh, and I just looked again right now, and I guess they're not going to post anymore?! :eyebrow: Whatever. :lol:

So I guess you're pretty busy? :laugh: Weekends are definitely the best... and four-day Easter weekends are the best of all. :D

I'm not bad, not as busy as you, lol. Work's flat out as usual, not sure what sort of job I'll have at the end of the year, but that's a long way away and hopefully I'll have my holiday in November.

And today I put a load of woodchip mulch on the garden beds which will hopefully stop the frickin weeds coming up again.

Yup. But I love the busyness. It keeps my days interesting, and time just flies. Hard to believe I've been working for almost 9 months now. I should find out sometime in the next 3 months if the woman I replaced on maternity leave is coming back or not. I've done a good job of not worrying about it, but now that time is starting to run out, I'll admit I'm getting a bit stressed. I don't want to go through the job search crap again. I really hope that she either won't come back, or that there will be a way for me to stay on at the company, as I really enjoy being there. We'll see. :)

Well, Seattle's out of the question for next weekend now. :( Oh well. I should have thought about it sooner, and started to make plans more in advance, as all my friends and family don't have room at their houses for me to stay, or are out of town/too busy. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to do around here, but if not, a few days off with nothing to do and nowhere to go sounds kinda nice.

Oooh, where would you be going in November? Is that Dragon-Con time? I forget when that is... I love living vicariously through others' travel plans. :D

Darn young whippersnappers... :fist: :wink:

So that's three DW fans in Utah!

I haven't seen that one... but I know I can't take Tom Cruise seriously any more.

:lol:

I wonder if there's a fanclub here. I know they filmed part of the season 6 premiere down near Moab. At least, I think it was Moab... wherever that lake is in southern Utah.. of course, I didn't find out until after they finished filming and were back in the UK. :angry:

I can't remember the last time I actually took him seriously. I don't think I ever have. :lol:

OMG I need to spend more time here!
Yes. Yes you do. :wink:

Comet, that sucks. I don't think I'd leave FB. Since many of the peeps that used to be here don't come here, it's the only way I know what's going on. And i have family scattered around the country and that's how we stay in touch. Besides, when I go into labor, I'll be updating my FB.

I know, I'm sure I'll keep my account, I have all my tour pics there and all, and like Gg said it's good to stay in touch when you're not exactly a phone call type person. :reject: (I hate talking on the phone). And GR thats so cool. Can't wait to see your posts during labor. :ohmy: :madwife: :giggle:

tara :hug:s to you & your mom!

comet :hug: wow that was really nasty! Why would anyone do that? Laguage barrier you or someone said-- where is the site originatng from?

As for talking on the phone..... I never quite understand why most people who don't like talking on the phone don't like it. If I can't be f2f with my friends & family.... at least I get to hear their voices!
I can converse for 45 mins, anhour, 1 1/2 or even more if I have alot of catching up to do, or a whole lot is oing on!

I'm even going to try some letter writing again soonish.

Mostly a generational thing???

and :der: i forgot Moonlight as someone here in the 2nd to last group of arrivals to PGP. It's like I've been here more or less fairly soon after it started. sorry, ML!

AND I think I got the name of who i was really trying to think of.....
"R" as first letter was right- though I kept thinking :lol: "Rush" to which I knew as soon as each time it kept came up wasn't right:lol::lol: but that's allllllll i could come up with till.....
out of the blue it came to me late last night..... and itwas "Ru"...... :lol:

but it was .... Ruffian or Ruff for short! Wow, will I be embaressed if I'm wrong! :lol:
But I'd almost bet a meet up with Bono close up enough/w enough light to see his blue eyes!

Zu>>> don't forget (when you can) --- a few of your SteamPunk costume Con photos, please!:hyper: :D

Did anyone watch The Walking Dead tonight?

:ohmy:

:ohmy: Yes.

Do not open spoiler if you watch Walking Dead and aren't caught up!

OH MY GOD. How on Earth did they make Merle's death the saddest freaking death in the entire show so far. LOL!!! I wasn't half as sad when Lori or even Carol's daughter died. Or any of them! And Merle was a psycho asshole and they managed to make me almost freakin cry!!!! :sad:

i almost never watch zombie stuf ( horror-stuff in general)f......... :no:

I can't believe I actually went to see I Am Legend on the Big Screen no lerss
those hyper-"zombies" near :faint: :yikes::yikes: it was a greally great movie!
The tension. And times practically jumped out of my skin!

I like Will Smith ( my sis and I decided <just saw the trailer [before seeing Olympus Has Fallen"> we'll go see"After Earth") and i was fascinated with my (poor ole) city- NYC) getting yet savaged again-- in the over-grown-weeded,trashed-up, rusted,m busted etc "look" they achieved <city as also character in the movie>!

I was still living in Brookyln when they were film the scenes near the Brooklyn Bridge-- I was heading into Brookyn at night while on the Manhattan Bridge (the one U2 came over on the flatbed truck in the top car lanes) on the lower section where the
subway trains go- i could see the area all lit up!

:ohmy: Yes.

Do not open spoiler if you watch Walking Dead and aren't caught up!

OH MY GOD. How on Earth did they make Merle's death the saddest freaking death in the entire show so far. LOL!!! I wasn't half as sad when Lori or even Carol's daughter died. Or any of them! And Merle was a psycho asshole and they managed to make me almost freakin cry!!!! :sad:

I KNOW! It was horrible! I completely despised Merle, and yet when Daryl found him I teared up. :sad:

The Governor must pay. :shifty:

i almost never watch zombie stuf ( horror-stuff in general)f......... :no:

I can't believe I actually went to see I Am Legend on the Big Screen no lerss
those hyper-"zombies" near :faint: :yikes::yikes: it was a greally great movie!
The tension. And times practically jumped out of my skin!

I like Will Smith ( my sis and I decided <just saw the trailer [before seeing Olympus Has Fallen"> we'll go see"After Earth") and i was fascinated with my (poor ole) city- NYC) getting yet savaged again-- in the over-grown-weeded,trashed-up, rusted,m busted etc "look" they achieved <city as also character in the movie>!

I was still living in Brookyln when they were film the scenes near the Brooklyn Bridge-- I was heading into Brookyn at night while on the Manhattan Bridge (the one U2 came over on the flatbed truck in the top car lanes) on the lower section where the
subway trains go- i could see the area all lit up!

That's so cool! I think when I was living in New Mexico, they filmed a movie in Albuquerque near where I lived, but they never said anything about it....

:reject:

I KNOW! It was horrible! I completely despised Merle, and yet when Daryl found him I teared up. :sad:

The Governor must pay. :shifty:

I guess it was the whole Darth Vader effect, turning good at the last moment, or at least making a valiant attempt to do one last good thing in life to attone for their sins. And then the heart wrenching baby brother tears on top of that. Damn you writers for making me care about Merle! :madwife: :sad::applaud:

From the Steampunk Convention, for Daz

d5a4523d-4a84-4fe8-9647-18073de55daa.jpg

871ddb57-ca57-42a6-84fe-3d8505f5a054.jpg

There's another one of us actually sitting on the front of the train engine but I can't crop one of my students out of it and I don't want to post her pic here.

I guess it was the whole Darth Vader effect, turning good at the last moment, or at least making a valiant attempt to do one last good thing in life to attone for their sins. And then the heart wrenching baby brother tears on top of that. Damn you writers for making me care about Merle! :madwife: :sad::applaud:

Exactly! :madwife:

I haven't loved a show this much in ages... at least, one that wasn't Doctor Who. :lol:

From the Steampunk Convention, for Daz

d5a4523d-4a84-4fe8-9647-18073de55daa.jpg

871ddb57-ca57-42a6-84fe-3d8505f5a054.jpg

There's another one of us actually sitting on the front of the train engine but I can't crop one of my students out of it and I don't want to post her pic here.

Awesome, Zu! Love the dress.

*Thanks*, zu ! :hug:

Righy now connection is too short to get your photos in place.
I will definately get a look at them by Weds...unless i do get
to see them here at home bofore then.
Looking foward to your creativity! :hyper: :applaud:

ETA:

ohyay! got a longer connection!

The "corset" is particularly cool, zu! Pretty ruffles & flounces, too! The neclace has big fancy key and is that a smaller locket with it?

good for you! :applaud:

I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight. :tsk:

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.

I'm sorry to hear that Thora. That's very tough. My sister found something on her back that they need to examine more closely next week.

I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight. :tsk:

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.

Oh wow... that is truly horrible. :hug: to you and your friend.

Back
Top Bottom