PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey CK, hey Dazz, hey Grace, Hey GG :D

So its going to be all quiet over here. All out party-ing or plotting to give birth.
I feel like such a young prick right now. My colleagues are baby booming together.
But hell , not me yet. :lol: I l'd love to have a kid later when I'm done travelling, and finding a better job than the one I have atm.

r u saying thT VBC YOU'RE POSSBLY DRUNK ( FOULDN'T EXCATLY SEE WHO WAS DRUNK- BESIDES B & E :LOL:

fgorget tHAT DK

YOU'LKL HAVE A KID OR 2 when YOU R READY to!!! And you'll prob ably be a better mom for it!

you do what you want to do first!

WOmen are NOT just (excuse the language because i really REALLY :bow: respect all the moms & dads who are or who strive to be good parents) Baby machines!

continued safe pregnency Grace!!!! :hug:

Good Luck w House Hunting, CK!
:hug:

You've got a lot closer than I have! *L* I haven't met anyone famous at a convention (or practically anywhere)... I was that close to going up to some of the cast of Farscape in 2007 (they were looking very lonely in the autograph hall) and telling them how good it was to hear some Aussie accents over there, but I chickened out. :reject:

Aw :hug: Sounds like me though too. :reject: I've chickened out many times.

I need to watch Farscape. I've seen enough of it to know I need to start from the beginning and watch the whole thing. Right now I'm just finishing an entire Star Trek marathon. All the TV shows starting with OS back to back. :D

My kids saw an advanced screening of Man of Steel tonight. The verdict was :up: :D They said their only complaint was maybe a little too much action, but I guess that's to be expected from a summer blockbuster superhero movie. But on the whole they thought it was very good and well written.

I saw an interview with Superman actor Henry Cavill, he said he had to hold back tears nearly 3 times in the first half hour. :cute:

On meeting the famous people thing: I once met Buzz Aldrin, but yea... I had no idea who he was at the time. :reject:

And, I too have slipped from the rock-only thing, but most of my tastes any more run to that end of the spectrum. Even the new bands I get into are more than likely rock or alternative, even metal. :reject:

Not too hard of metal, though. Anything harder than Nightwish usually hurts my head.

That's pretty cool about meeting Buzz Aldrin, even if you didn't appreciate it at the time. :up:

My tastes in music have broadened a lot since I was at school... there's even a bit of hip-hop I don't mind. :reject: And I always liked some classical music too. The main thing that bugs me about the heavier sorts of metal is the harsh vocals, but that's why I like instrumental bands like Russian Circles. Awesome heavy riffs (and mellow stuff too) without the screaming. :D

Aw :hug: Sounds like me though too. :reject: I've chickened out many times.

I need to watch Farscape. I've seen enough of it to know I need to start from the beginning and watch the whole thing. Right now I'm just finishing an entire Star Trek marathon. All the TV shows starting with OS back to back. :D

I haven't watched much of it either, which was another thing stopping me from talking to the cast... *L* "Oh hi, I've only seen three episodes of your show and it was good and everything but yay Aussie accents lol!" ... Yeah.

I would like to watch it too... but I've already got a lot on my Things To Watch list. And wow, how long did it take you to get through all that Trek? :ohmy: Moreover, have you got complete Trek overload? And which is your favourite?

And did you toss in TNG for good measure? That's what I remember of ST. My step-dad used to watch the TOS. My mom and I watched TNG. I would never say I'm a HUGE fan - but was definitely aware of it. Most of the actors on the new movie are my age and said TOS was a bit adult for them. They all want to be in JJ's Star Wars! :lol:

Farscape! :love:

My kids saw an advanced screening of Man of Steel tonight. The verdict was :up: :D They said their only complaint was maybe a little too much action, but I guess that's to be expected from a summer blockbuster superhero movie. But on the whole they thought it was very good and well written.

I saw an interview with Superman actor Henry Cavill, he said he had to hold back tears nearly 3 times in the first half hour. :cute:

Henry is :drool:. I had a bit of a crush on him while he was on The Tudors, and he may be the main reason I actually go to the theatre to see this movie. :shifty:

That's pretty cool about meeting Buzz Aldrin, even if you didn't appreciate it at the time. :up:

My tastes in music have broadened a lot since I was at school... there's even a bit of hip-hop I don't mind. :reject: And I always liked some classical music too. The main thing that bugs me about the heavier sorts of metal is the harsh vocals, but that's why I like instrumental bands like Russian Circles. Awesome heavy riffs (and mellow stuff too) without the screaming. :D
Yea, the screaming/grunting kinda terrifies me most of the time. I tend to prefer the female-fronted metal bands, but some of those still scare me. :reject:

Classical :drool:. And, I can understand liking some hip-hop. I do too.

This video totally made my night. We always suspected it, but here is indisputable proof that stars do in fact love to be loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1LCvs8Xcc

That's right- Orlando Bloom and Evangeline Lilly are squeeing at the squeeing.

OMG my kid showed me that and we were cracking up. She was also flailing though because for one, Orlando was her first big crush when she was 11 years old and saw him in LOTR. And for two, she loves Evangeline because we are all HUGE Lost fans here. But most of all, she loved Lee Pace in Pushing Daisies, like LOVED him, so she said she never thought she would ever see all 3 in a room dressed as elves giggling together. :giggle:

I am so over riding the train in the morning. Last 3 mornings, no one has offered a seat. I am 9 months pregnant. The guessing game of 'is it a baby or food baby' is long gone. This train is relatively empty bug the only free seat is the guy that chews tobacco. I cannot sit beside him spitting into an empty Pepsi bottle. Ugh.

Hey everybody :wave:

I am so over riding the train in the morning. Last 3 mornings, no one has offered a seat. I am 9 months pregnant. The guessing game of 'is it a baby or food baby' is long gone. This train is relatively empty bug the only free seat is the guy that chews tobacco. I cannot sit beside him spitting into an empty Pepsi bottle. Ugh.

Can't stand -no shitty pun intended- when people do that. :angry: How hard is it to guess, when you have a whale of a belly, it might be a "bit"uncomfy to stand the whole journey. Or stand and walk around. period.
I have a co-worker, she's 9 months now, has just as you are. She helped organise this huge event for permanently-sick children, we host it every year. She got some flowers for organising it, stood up to get them.
Then this bloke, about 40-50ish years old. Took her seat, and even managed to be surprised an biassed about me saying the seat was taken, while pointing out that she was about to burst any second now.
:huh: The hel.. Get some brains.

-side note , All I want is you just pops on on the radio right now :heart: Rarely hear it on the radio. So great.

GG, i scored some tickets for the last match of Mark, and obviouslya ll his Barca, Bayern and Dutch NT mates are going to play in his team. (Robben, Zlatan, Basti, Ribery etc)
I have a spare ticket , want to join? :D

:wave:

I've been saying it for years now: a person on their own is smart, but people as a group are stupid.
Shame on them for not offering you a seat, Grace.

The title of that video made me think of The Simpsons

:reject:

In one months time - I'm going to have a newborn.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

I see the nesting instinct kicked in. :D :hug:
Lots of well wishes and good luck for a healthy mama & baby the whole way through! <3

And yes, people on their own are nice at times, but people as a group? Hate 'em.

I've had a rough week so I've been MIA. Spent Monday on phone arguing with insurance co over car drama (long story),then complaining to Starbucks, Target's corporate line, and my local Target store about a promotion gone awry. Was horridly ill with a stomach bug Tues & Wed, then Wed & Thurs, Lil' CK complained of an upset stomach on and off. And to top off the trifecta, FroBaby decided to get diarrhea Thur night that lasted into Sat morning and gave her one of the worst diaper rashes I've ever experienced as a parent. She completed my weekend by being borderline dehydrated and the rash proceeding to open sores, causing us to have to go to the ER since of course kids don't get sick during office hours. She's improving today but sheesh, I'm exhausted. :huh:

Oh dear. Those terrible diaper rashes are so sad. I like to layer lots of towels on the baby's sleeping surface and let her sleep commando for a couple of hours before I go to bed. It makes quite a difference to have some time it's not covered.

I think I got my new :corn: gif!

h485266AC

I see the nesting instinct kicked in. :D :hug:
Lots of well wishes and good luck for a healthy mama & baby the whole way through! <3

And yes, people on their own are nice at times, but people as a group? Hate 'em.

I've had a rough week so I've been MIA. Spent Monday on phone arguing with insurance co over car drama (long story),then complaining to Starbucks, Target's corporate line, and my local Target store about a promotion gone awry. Was horridly ill with a stomach bug Tues & Wed, then Wed & Thurs, Lil' CK complained of an upset stomach on and off. And to top off the trifecta, FroBaby decided to get diarrhea Thur night that lasted into Sat morning and gave her one of the worst diaper rashes I've ever experienced as a parent. She completed my weekend by being borderline dehydrated and the rash proceeding to open sores, causing us to have to go to the ER since of course kids don't get sick during office hours. She's improving today but sheesh, I'm exhausted. :huh:

I'm glad you're feeling better. Those stomach bugs are vicious. :hug:

Poor Lil' CK and FroBaby. I'm glad they're starting to feel better too. :hug::hug:

I think I got my new :corn: gif!

h485266AC
Brilliant! :applaud::lol:

Glad the kids are feeling better, but sorry about your not so fun weekend CK!

OMG Gg that gif is too funny. :lol:

I would like to watch it too... but I've already got a lot on my Things To Watch list. And wow, how long did it take you to get through all that Trek? :ohmy: Moreover, have you got complete Trek overload? And which is your favourite?

And did you toss in TNG for good measure? That's what I remember of ST. My step-dad used to watch the TOS. My mom and I watched TNG. I would never say I'm a HUGE fan - but was definitely aware of it. Most of the actors on the new movie are my age and said TOS was a bit adult for them. They all want to be in JJ's Star Wars! :lol:

I can't remember when we started this Trek marathon, :hmm: but we did have to take a break for a while in the middle of TNG, so it's been a while. We started with OS, then went to TNG. Then Deep Space Nine. After that we watched Enterprise, even though that was the last Trek show, we watched it before Voyager because uh.. :uhoh: we left that one for last because the first few seasons really stink. :lol: And after ending DS9 which is fantastic, we weren't ready to be bored by Voyager. Enterprise starts a bit slow but gets very good. So that was a fun watch after DS9. Right now we're on season 2 of Voyager and it's pretty torturous, LOL. Just pushing thru til season 4 when it should get better. I do love the Doctor however. He's awesome. :D I'm not on Trek overload because of the big break we took. Actually I think the break was caused by the 360 Tour. HA!! We had to break during all that madness. As for my favorite? :hmm: Probably The Original Series because of the huge nostalgia factor. But as for all the spinoffs, so far Deep Space Nine, it's so good. Enterprise was pretty good though too.

I could just look at it for hours! :wink:

Geez, I know we complain a lot about the weather, and our spring has been total shit weather wise(it was colder than with christmas for fuck's sake!), but jumping from 15C to suddenly 30-35C? The fuuckkkkkkk :crack:

Geez, I know we complain a lot about the weather, and our spring has been total shit weather wise(it was colder than with christmas for fuck's sake!), but jumping from 15C to suddenly 30-35C? The fuuckkkkkkk :crack:

We've yet to have a proper warm streak. It gets warm for a day or so, usually nothing higher than 70-75F, and then drops back to the 60s - IT IS JUNE PEOPLE. PRACTICALLY JULY! :fist: :fist:

:crack:

It was already 80-something degrees F here by 10 AM.

:crack:

(I actually love summer, though.... I prefer the colder weather, because I love to wear long sleeves, but I love summer. :love:)

I waaaaaaaant summer. I love the warm weather and despise cold snowy weather most of the time (I like it enough for Christmas but that's it.)

Back
Top Bottom