PGP-Singing For Our Sanity!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fraid to say it but it does sound like she's better off without him then Wild. :hug: Whatever they do, I hope jamie comes out unharmed.

The place is amazing. It's more like a resort or a hotel or something. Hell, I'd almost be willing to move in there. :lol: But, she's miserable where she is, very lonely and sad (which is not like her at all, she's one of the most positive people I know).

But, she has to give up a lot of her stuff, and there's the whole will she be happy there thing. :sigh: I've even asked her to move in with us, and she won't. I'd look for another place, one that would be more suitable for all of us, but she doesn't want to "burden" us, and, despite everything, she's still independent and wants a place of her own.

And, the social stimulation will be the best thing in the world for her, mood-wise, and in holding the dementia at bay.

It's just a shitty situation.

:sigh::hug: VP

Mom had to chose her favorite stuff to take.
She had two places to put her beautiful collection of craft objets given to her by all of her family over the decades. AND over the years we put up photos I took and cards I made her up on the walls.

MY mom wasn't out of the house much in the last year or so in the family house ( I think the sttress had gotten to her in her legs and she had to go into the first Nursing home (nearby us where our dad had already been for a ? yr & half) for temporary rehab.

Even before that she wasn't out as much as a few years earlier but some times she was. She was certainly out at least 4 -5 years earlier, b/c she'd still take the bus to the green market--- something like that but a few years w/o as much getting out can take a toll.

When she ( after dad had gone there 5 months earlier) got to the final home-- it is a beautiful place. They have lots of things to do. So she had a lot of mental stimulation and much more contact with others there, along with our visits.

If you were to all move to a bigger place for her-- would you be able have a person in for her if she needed it, while you continue your studies?
I wouldn't want you worrying about her while you try to better your own life which woud be better all around for everyone.

:hug:S again, VP.

Dazz, are you going to Carnegie Hall on Sunday?

Hi there laura :hug:

HOW was the DC show??!!!:hyper:

Not inside... after all I owe my sis and that I spent re U2 .....

but I'll be there after....outisde.

I might be there before b/c I might meet up with friends from here where we've gone to see UF a bunch of times now .

I'm confused :huh::huh: this might be a double post now sorry

Hi, Dazz, how are you?? :hug: :wave: Hope all is well.

I'm going to be at the Gavin thing on Sunday. I'm undecided whether I want to try again to meet Bono (THE #1 item on my bucket list!), but I do want to meet up with you and other PLEBANs/Interferencers who might be around to say hi and talk about Our Guys!

I might be meeting up with some interlanders with whom I've been hanging out withthe last year a half b/c we go see UF here in NYC, or the rest of them (not me) in Northern NJ.

But i could look for you after....

and I don't know if laura will be there to hang out with too. (just saw and replied to her post)

How did you like/love Thursday's show!?!! :hyper::heart::drool:

most likely i won't even be able to be back here until like 4PM tomorrow :madspit:

she & jamie may be better in the long run leaving him, but maybe there still is a chance for rreconcilliation

but if he's the kind of guy who gets riled up when she speaks to uther men.........eeehhh....that can be a real red flag... :sigh:

I might be meeting up with some interlanders with whom I've been hanging out withthe last year a half b/c we go see UF here in NYC, or the rest of them (not me) in Northern NJ.

But i could look for you after....

and I don't know if laura will be there to hang out with too. (just saw and replied to her post)

How did you like/love Thursday's show!?!! :hyper::heart::drool:

It was heaven on earth. Sheer heaven.

Next time, I WILL do GA!!!!

VP!

it was a great show, but i'll have to leave the fun & funny details for tomorrow IF there's a late night here or next week.....

I'm STILL trying to match up my photos with the songs an get all the photos on disc to be seperated

i think when there are tHT many you have to "drag them out of one or 2 photos "on top" of the others like a pile of papers!!
gotta leave :(

:D go well

VP, my parents are struggling with whether or not it's time for my grandma to be moved to a home or not - no fun. I'm glad you've found a place you feel comfortable with. I'm sure it's not easy though - I hate the thought of my parents growing old and losing their health and independence. It is probably better though that she have her 'own' place. You and Sarah take care of eachother and hang in there. :hug:

Wild, glad we helped you feel better, if even for a little bit. I'm sure the next few days, until you hear from her, will be rough. Stay strong and know there's almost always someone in here for you :hug: And yes, kids are very resiliant. I always worry about how the slightest disruption will affect my son but he hardly notices! I'm sure Jamie'll notice a change but once they work out the details of what the child care arrangement will be, he'll be fine.

Daz, how was Bruce? :hyper:

:wave: to everyone in here and :hug:s whether you need 'em or not!

Hi, Dazz, how are you?? :hug: :wave: Hope all is well.

I'm going to be at the Gavin thing on Sunday. I'm undecided whether I want to try again to meet Bono (THE #1 item on my bucket list!), but I do want to meet up with you and other PLEBANs/Interferencers who might be around to say hi and talk about Our Guys!

I'm going to go and try and meet the boys. I hope it doesn't turn into another SNL

I don't know how you did 4 GA's in 5 days. :crack: More power to you! After Foxboro 1, I was exhausted. If I was alone, I would have just shown up around 6 and grabbed a random spot in the pit for Foxboro 2.

yep - if things go badly with the us government it might have to be in europe too. which will be okay for me, at least.

oh, and you're the upside down one :madspit:

You and Katie are considering going to the UK, right?

How long have you guys been dating? And when do you think you'll be the next interference couple to tie the knot? :cute:

If anyone should know how to do screen caps, it should be Plebans, right?

So how do you do it? :scream: I've been working on a room layout for my mom for hours now, and I don't want to lose it. I have a PrtSc key, but it's one of three options on a key beside the function keys...and I'm kinda lost. PrtSc doesn't mean you have to print, you can copy and paste with it, no? : duh:

Eta - nevermind, I got it. Never attempt to copy and paste after a few glasses of Merlot, I guess. :reject:

Not drunk enough. :crack:

I'm okay, thanks. :hug: Too busy now to dwell too much on things, you know?

The good part is, she's only going in on trial basis for a few weeks, so if she hates it, she can totally change her mind, go back to her own place, or the option of moving in with us is always open, too.

It's just...the disease, the frame of mind they're in...it's difficult for them to make decisions. I think my worst fear is that nothing will suit/please her at this point. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Messing around with the floor plan, she'll be able to fit an amazing amount of furniture in there. Her queen bedroom set, her pull out sofa, a chair, and lots more. It's 330 square feet, so it's a good size.

How about you, how was your day? :hug:

You and Katie are considering going to the UK, right?

How long have you guys been dating? And when do you think you'll be the next interference couple to tie the knot? :cute:

yeah, if the us doesn't work out i'm led to believe that because my dad is scottish i'd be pretty welcome in the uk.

um...january, lol. something in 2010 is the only answer i have to that question!

:sigh::hug: VP

Mom had to chose her favorite stuff to take.
She had two places to put her beautiful collection of craft objets given to her by all of her family over the decades. AND over the years we put up photos I took and cards I made her up on the walls.

MY mom wasn't out of the house much in the last year or so in the family house ( I think the sttress had gotten to her in her legs and she had to go into the first Nursing home (nearby us where our dad had already been for a ? yr & half) for temporary rehab.

Even before that she wasn't out as much as a few years earlier but some times she was. She was certainly out at least 4 -5 years earlier, b/c she'd still take the bus to the green market--- something like that but a few years w/o as much getting out can take a toll.

When she ( after dad had gone there 5 months earlier) got to the final home-- it is a beautiful place. They have lots of things to do. So she had a lot of mental stimulation and much more contact with others there, along with our visits.

If you were to all move to a bigger place for her-- would you be able have a person in for her if she needed it, while you continue your studies?
I wouldn't want you worrying about her while you try to better your own life which woud be better all around for everyone.

:hug:S again, VP.

VP, my parents are struggling with whether or not it's time for my grandma to be moved to a home or not - no fun. I'm glad you've found a place you feel comfortable with. I'm sure it's not easy though - I hate the thought of my parents growing old and losing their health and independence. It is probably better though that she have her 'own' place. You and Sarah take care of eachother and hang in there. :hug:

Thanks girls. :hug: Knowing that other people are/have going/gone through similar things helps a lot.

I'm trying to be realistic about what I can and can't do, and I know I can't provide the social stimulation that she can get there, and at this point, that's what she needs most.

I mean, I can hold daily bingo games and all, but with me calling, and her playing (and maybe Sarah can play when she's home! Haha), it just won't be the same. ;)

I'm so tired I'm about to pass out but I just had to come in here and tell y'all this: I just got back from seeing It Might Get Loud. It was so good - I don't even geek out on guitars and I loved it. There were some totally :cute: Edge moments, watching him geek out, or go all :love: over Jimmy Page's stuff. :up:

g'night :hug:

Back
Top Bottom