PGP-Singing For Our Sanity!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None of the people in the Media Markt here are u2 fans... They are all like 18 year olds who listen to 50 cent... durrrr:angry:

I'm doing fine at the moment.:D

How are you?

I'm okay. Just battling this cold still. It's getting better though :up:

I don't usually see him outside that but I do hope he'll become my friend. I certainly wouldn't mind that!

Yeah it's really cool. :D He insisted I get discount at any future purchase. Well, can't say no to that keeping in mind the U2 stuff that will be coming out in the future!

I wanna make friends with this record guy :wink:

There's always been this balance on high school teachers. There were the really cool one's , and the absolute douches... :lol: Classic.

Oh yeah I've had my share of douchey teachers too :crack:

Free Record Shop >>>>>> Mediamarkt!

:wink:

:reject: So true, but MM Is closer.
Even the names. MM is so lame...FRS > MM.
And the free record shop we have here is soooo tiny...
Their u2 section is petit, They didn't even have the DoubleCD boy edition..

Edit: So I went to amsterdam to get that ;)

:reject: So true, but MM Is closer.
Even the names. MM is so lame...FRS > MM.
And the free record shop we have here is soooo tiny...
Their u2 section is petit, They didn't even have the DoubleCD boy edition..

Edit: So I went to amsterdam to get that ;)

I'm lucky to have both in the city. :D And if I can't find it, I can order it.
If I'm in Amsterdam I always go to FAME to see if they have random U2 stuff.

I'm lucky to have both in the city. :D And if I can't find it, I can order it.
If I'm in Amsterdam I always go to FAME to see if they have random U2 stuff.
I always go there to! Infact last time was when I was going to see the boys.
Turns out they had a u2 store made in front of the Arena too.

Yeah, I was checking for Vancouver theatres for a friend of mine, and right now the only theatre that seems to be playing it is here in TO...

It's playing at the VIFF next week. Unfortunately it's playing at inconvenient times, and in inconvenient locations, so it won't work for the BFF and I to go see it. :sad: I'm hoping it will show up in more theatres eventually!

It's playing at the VIFF next week. Unfortunately it's playing at inconvenient times, and in inconvenient locations, so it won't work for the BFF and I to go see it. :sad: I'm hoping it will show up in more theatres eventually!

That's too bad :( Hopefully it heads west!

I love visiting my old high school too. It's always fun to catch up with old teachers. We had a lot of cool teachers at my school so it's nice chatting with them. We actually had this one guy teacher there and my friend and I became really good friends with him. He was really young and cool and almost every morning he would bring my friend and I coffee and just chat. He moved schools a couple years ago though but he still likes it when we go visit him there a few times a year :D

I'm taking a former student to see U2 in Phoenix. His freshman year he said "So, um I've had this U2 song stuck in my head but I don't know what it's called. Something about New Year's Day?" And that was the beginning. I got him totally hooked! He's read U2 by U2 cover to cover (which even I haven't done) and knows almost as many minute facts about the band as I do :rolleyes: Should be fun.

I don't usually see him outside that but I do hope he'll become my friend. I certainly wouldn't mind that!

So you saw B and record store guy recently? Any more lessons in the future?

There's always been this balance on high school teachers. There were the really cool one's , and the absolute douches... :lol: Classic.

Watch it, what you say about h.s. teachers :eyebrow:

I'm taking a former student to see U2 in Phoenix. His freshman year he said "So, um I've had this U2 song stuck in my head but I don't know what it's called. Something about New Year's Day?" And that was the beginning. I got him totally hooked! He's read U2 by U2 cover to cover (which even I haven't done) and knows almost as many minute facts about the band as I do :rolleyes: Should be fun.

That's so cool Zooey :up: You're definitely one of the cool teachers :D
Btw, I just finished U2 by U2 cuz I had a little bit left and my 5 hour power outage a few days ago gave me a catch to get it done :wink:

That's so cool Zooey :up: You're definitely one of the cool teachers :D

That's hilarious that you said that. Every year I give my Advanced students (kids who have been with me for 2-4 years) the "I'm not cool" speech. As in, "No I won't let you ditch class in my room (until after exams Senior year). No you can't just leave my class whenever you feel like it. No you can't leave all your garbage on the floor. No, you can't tell me how you got totally wasted last weekend and expect me not to take the appropriate legal action." But I know what you're saying. I definitely get along with my students more than other teachers. in fact they're here to eat lunch with me now so I"ll be back later.

That's hilarious that you said that. Every year I give my Advanced students (kids who have been with me for 2-4 years) the "I'm not cool" speech. As in, "No I won't let you ditch class in my room (until after exams Senior year). No you can't just leave my class whenever you feel like it. No you can't leave all your garbage on the floor. No, you can't tell me how you got totally wasted last weekend and expect me not to take the appropriate legal action." But I know what you're saying. I definitely get along with my students more than other teachers. in fact they're here to eat lunch with me now so I"ll be back later.

:lol: That's funny. See they like you enough to spend their lunch hour with you :D
Make sure you do your part to transform them into U2 fans :applaud:

So you saw B and record store guy recently? Any more lessons in the future?

Watch it, what you say about h.s. teachers :eyebrow:

Ha you rock! :lol: I'm sure he'll be a fan!

:D Yes, both in one day! Today. And YES tuesday. :yippie:

And she's right though, some were truly doucheworthy.

Ha you rock! :lol: I'm sure he'll be a fan!

:D Yes, both in one day! Today. And YES tuesday. :yippie:

And she's right though, some were truly doucheworthy.

COOL! Get practicing, girl! Am I correct in remembering that you were working on Crazy Tonight?

And yeah, we have a few douchey teachers here too, some that are lazy or just don't care as much as they should and are always worrying about what they think they should be getting or what they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom