PGP: Saluting Right Back at Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
comet!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: Why don't you ever visit? Till now, I mean. :wink:

Yeah, we're pretty enthralled with the pants, and that's been the major source of discussion since the tour restarted. :lol:

I don't know. :reject: I was here daily for a loooooong time. Then sort of drifted away to other areas and have been absent a while. But if the pants are still topic #1 I guess things are still :up: :D

I've read that when he first started making money, he bought a home for them that had a spiral staircase, leading up to their room...and that's what the song's about...le sigh.

Besides all that, it's just a gorgeous song. :)

oh. :ohmy: ( did NOT know that) :ohmy: BIG Le Sigh!:sigh:

don't have my earbuds near-by...sounde3de pretty nive BUT ican't usually get good sound from the laptop speakers so i'll re-listen tomorrow!

I don't know. :reject: I was here daily for a loooooong time. Then sort of drifted away to other areas and have been absent a while. But if the pants are still topic #1 I guess things are still :up: :D

Really?? Weird, I don't remember that!

You should catch up on some recent threads. We've essentially decided that the pants
or the contents within, rather
are about to become a separate entity. We've basically plotted out a career path for it, decided that it needs its own staff, etc. :shifty:

Really?? Weird, I don't remember that!

You should catch up on some recent threads. We've essentially decided that the pants
or the contents within, rather
are about to become a separate entity. We've basically plotted out a career path for it, decided that it needs its own staff, etc. :shifty:

You were never here during the time I was here. It's been a couple years or so at least since I was here daily. Maybe more. Yeah it's been a while. :ohmy: Maybe Wild will remember, or Gg :flirt: (or maybe everyone will have forgotten :lol: ) I can't remember who else was around a lot then. (I have a very suckful memory, my bad!) OH wait... or Carlos might remember, he was here. :rolleyes: :wink:

OMG a career path? :lmao:

You were never here during the time I was here. It's been a couple years or so at least since I was here daily. Maybe more. Yeah it's been a while. :ohmy: Maybe Wild will remember, or Gg :flirt: (or maybe everyone will have forgotten :lol: ) I can't remember who else was around a lot then. (I have a very suckful memory, my bad!) OH wait... or Carlos might remember, he was here. :rolleyes: :wink:

OMG a career path? :lmao:

Oh wow. Yeah, i went through a period a few years ago when I didn't post a lot in here, it must have been back then. Other than that, I've been around here since the second thread in early '05. :hidespostcount: :lol:

Carlos has always been here. He's like furniture. :wink:

Your Miss Sarajevo screencaps were much appreciated. :bow: :silent: :wink:

Hi dazz :wave:

I remember that now VP :ohmy: (when you took time off from here <PGP>) I think we just missed each other. :hmm: I was probably here in 07 and 08.... maybe ... I really don't know, but it's been a while!

You're welcome for the screencaps... my pleasure, literally. :sexywink:

Hi dazz :wave:

I remember that now VP :ohmy: (when you took time off from here <PGP>) I think we just missed each other. :hmm: I was probably here in 07 and 08.... maybe ... I really don't know, but it's been a while!

You're welcome for the screencaps... my pleasure, literally. :sexywink:

It's not like I was never in here at all, I popped in sometimes, and I kept in touch with everyone. just...wow, we must have been like two ships passing in the night. :flirt: :lol: But this thread has always been like my home base. Sorry I missed you back then! :)

Did you notice that I finally let Ben go? It was hard... :lol:

Anyway...the leather pants! Um, yay, best wardrobe decision ever!

We even nearly wrote a country song about them. Well, about them, and Bono lying to us. :cute:

modern_furniture_7981_kdbwn.jpg

Oh wow, comet, Carlos, since you're both here, just wanted to say, I saw the thread "What U2 Songs Take You To Another Place," and saw what you posted, Carlos. I love that song soooo much, probably in my top 5 ever, and even though I wasn't with you all, it took me there, too. :reject:

One of my favorite moments ever.
Wish you could have been there, VP.

Btw, you need to meet BC, she is a classy lady. :hug:

ok, gotta go for realz

It's not like I was never in here at all, I popped in sometimes, and I kept in touch with everyone. just...wow, we must have been like two ships passing in the night. :flirt: :lol: But this thread has always been like my home base. Sorry I missed you back then! :)

Did you notice that I finally let Ben go? It was hard... :lol:

Anyway...the leather pants! Um, yay, best wardrobe decision ever!

We even nearly wrote a country song about them. Well, about them, and Bono lying to us. :cute:

Yes sorry that's what I meant, I remember you sort of took time off from being here all the time. Now I'm totally curious and I'm going to have to search for old threads when i was here daily, but I don't know how I'd go about it. OH well. LOL.

Yes, the pants. DO direct me to this song. At first I thought you said you wrote a country song TO them. :lol:

And I did just notice that about you and Ben, :sad: Farewell old friend.

I can't tell you how many times I've come this close to bidding Mr. Bouncy goodbye. In fact, just last week I toyed with the idea, but I changed my mind at the last minute.

btw... As those who were here when I was before might remember (and much to Gg's amusement) I am the slowest typer ever, so I usually take really long to respond to posts and I don't mean to, sorry! :doh: I miss entire pages sometimes before I finish a reply.

so how do you make the gifs?

trust me I'm not going to "usurp" your giffing :D ( if your concerned) I just want to try it or my self

:cute: Oh I'm not worried silly. I love everyone else's gifs too. I make them with photoshop. Do you have it? I would be happy to PM you if you do.

btw... As those who were here when I was before might remember (and much to Gg's amusement) I am the slowest typer ever, so I usually take really long to respond to posts and I don't mean to, sorry! :doh: I miss entire pages sometimes before I finish a reply.

If you think you're #1 in this area then I am def #2 ! :lol: :reject:

esp because i sometimes type really long posts...
i get timed out of the site!!!:grumpy::lmao::reject:

Yes sorry that's what I meant, I remember you sort of took time off from being here all the time. Now I'm totally curious and I'm going to have to search for old threads when i was here daily, but I don't know how I'd go about it. OH well. LOL.

Yes, the pants. DO direct me to this song. At first I thought you said you wrote a country song TO them. :lol:

And I did just notice that about you and Ben, :sad: Farewell old friend.

I can't tell you how many times I've come this close to bidding Mr. Bouncy goodbye. In fact, just last week I toyed with the idea, but I changed my mind at the last minute.

I suck at searches, so maybe if you have an idea of when it was, go back in the archive and search by date? I think you can also search by poster too, but not quite sure how.

Oh, I don't think the song went beyond the conception stage. I just mentioned writing one along the lines of "Bono, I know you lie to me [about new albums] but when I see your pants, I can't hear your lies" and Cori sort of picked up on the tone. So, it's up for grabs, if you want to have a go at it. :lol:

It was HARD getting rid of Ben! Crazy hard. I know what you mean, people around here change avatars like people change socks, and although I've considered it, I just can't. This is the only avatar I've ever had here.

Aw, don't worry about your typing speed. I hear people now that are all like "oh yeah, I type 120 wpm" :crack: and I'm "well gee, I broke 50, go me." :lol: I remember back in the old days when the thread limit was 500 posts, we'd go through a couple a day. Lately it's sped up again (thanks, Bono's pants!), not quite to the old time level, but enough to make me proud. :)

I suck at searches, so maybe if you have an idea of when it was, go back in the archive and search by date? I think you can also search by poster too, but not quite sure how.

Oh, I don't think the song went beyond the conception stage. I just mentioned writing one along the lines of "Bono, I know you lie to me [about new albums] but when I see your pants, I can't hear your lies" and Cori sort of picked up on the tone. So, it's up for grabs, if you want to have a go at it. :lol:

It was HARD getting rid of Ben! Crazy hard. I know what you mean, people around here change avatars like people change socks, and although I've considered it, I just can't. This is the only avatar I've ever had here.

Aw, don't worry about your typing speed. I hear people now that are all like "oh yeah, I type 120 wpm" :crack: and I'm "well gee, I broke 50, go me." :lol: I remember back in the old days when the thread limit was 500 posts, we'd go through a couple a day. Lately it's sped up again (thanks, Bono's pants!), not quite to the old time level, but enough to make me proud. :)

I remember when your Bono avi was itty bitty :cute: And I've always thought it cool that you've kept him so long. You OWN him. :D I don't change mine a ton or anything and can easily go years with the same one, tho I do put up my Bono/Edge party animals for special birthday occasions. ;) I'm about to change back to my regular real soon here. Bouncy Bono has been with me though since the very beginning, so if I do let him go it's gonna be tough. Plus I almost did once and Gg found out and nearly killed me, so there's always that incentive to keep him. :uhoh:

:hmm: I don't think I could write the country song. :shifty: Though I did whip out a Bono hair-prayer one time years ago that some people round these parts still use often.

Back
Top Bottom