PGP: Saluting Right Back at Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw, note the necklace in that pic. :shifty: I think B should wear it again now we have the new Encore opener.

:giggle: What time is it in your world?
How have ya been :hug:

That pic/necklace/everything. :love:

I've been good. Took some time off work so I've been taking it pretty easy lately. :drool:

And it's just after 4 am here. But it's sooooo hot. It would have been hard to sleep in this heat (we don't have AC.) I guess I should go to bed.

that'd be interesting - the caffie article

in chocolate there's not only some caffine but a component ....

chocolates botanical name is Theobroma Cacao ( Cocoa treea nother name)

I just looked that senttence up :lol: but I did remember from the last year or so that THEObroma part of the name -theo is Greek is God(?s ) from Ancient Greece.

SO there is something in this component that usually makes botanical chemists think of a Food of the Gods. :drool::D

That is true actually. There's no cafeine in chocolate, but the substance is called Theobromine. It's a neurotransmitter that makes us feel happy inside. And it indeed comes from the translation of Godly food.

Woah wait what :shocked: I didn't realise you guys were actually online right now!!!! What are you doing in my timezone??? :lol: Isn't it insanely late in the west?
:lol::lol:

tee hee, ya, it's insanely "late" or realtively early :yes: :D
7AM plus
VP has major insomnia and I just stayed up after I got home at 11:30PM and had my delayed dinner atfter midnite :lmao:.

I had dessert first at 9:30PM :lol:

I also was carefully going through Francesco Prandoni's U2 photos on Flcker

That pic/necklace/everything. :love:

I've been good. Took some time off work so I've been taking it pretty easy lately. :drool:

And it's just after 4 am here. But it's sooooo hot. It would have been hard to sleep in this heat (we don't have AC.) I guess I should go to bed.

:drool: Agreed. Tis still a great pic, even though it scares some people. :wink:

I just.. had a thought.

Imagine,... the recent leather pants and boots... with this white sleeveless tshirt... and the batman neckalce... onstage. :drool:

Wow, that's quite late! Do you have to get up early tomorrow? Otherwise it's not a problem to stay up and perve with us right? :flirt:

Woah wait what :shocked: I didn't realise you guys were actually online right now!!!! What are you doing in my timezone??? :lol: Isn't it insanely late in the west?

It's 7:16 am here. :angry: :scream: :sad: :angry:

Oh yes please I'd like to see it. I'm always looking for more incentive to help me give it up. I know caffeine is BAD for me. It creates some real physical problems for me too. But it's so hard for me to shake it. I do go through bad withdrawal symptoms when I go off. No one wants to be around me for a week. It's awful! But I know when I have to do it, and it's going to be soon again. But I hate it, because I love it (so I know I'll be back too!) :( It's a vicious cycle. :lol:

Found it! What Caffeine Actually Does to Your Brain

:crack: Wow.

:shifty: Maybe you should have Bono come over and sing you to sleep?

:wink: Though I doubt you'd sleep with him sitting on the Edge(heh) of your bed, especially in those leather pants.

Could he be wearing leather? Please? :begging: I'm sure we could find some way to dispel my energy. :shifty:

yeah. Not sure if you saw, but last night I slept for an hour, and then had a 90 minute nap in the afternoon. that's it, that's all the sleep I've had. OMGWTFBBQ, :angry: This should not be physically possible. :angry:

:drool: Agreed. Tis still a great pic, even though it scares some people. :wink:

I just.. had a thought.

Imagine,... the recent leather pants and boots... with this white sleeveless tshirt... and the batman neckalce... onstage. :drool:

Wow, that's quite late! Do you have to get up early tomorrow? Otherwise it's not a problem to stay up and perve with us right? :flirt:

That's a mighty thought. :ohmy:

Nice to see you back in the Bono-boat Gg. :flirt: You'd jumped ship for a while there. We missed you. I guess Bono in leather has had some major mystical powers on people. :D

I don't have to get up at all tomorrow (vacation! woot!) So I can stay up a bit longer till I pass out from exhaustion I guess. :hmm:

Could he be wearing leather? Please? :begging: I'm sure we could find some way to dispel my energy. :shifty:

yeah. Not sure if you saw, but last night I slept for an hour, and then had a 90 minute nap in the afternoon. that's it, that's all the sleep I've had. OMGWTFBBQ, :angry: This should not be physically possible. :angry:

:wink: As if I would dare to send him your way wearing anything else rather than the leather pants.

Yeah I saw that. :crack: How are you even awake and coherent? It's pretty insane!

That's a mighty thought. :ohmy:

Nice to see you back in the Bono-boat Gg. :flirt: You'd jumped ship for a while there. We missed you. I guess Bono in leather has had some major mystical powers on people. :D

I don't have to get up at all tomorrow (vacation! woot!) So I can stay up a bit longer till I pass out from exhaustion I guess. :hmm:

:reject: I know! It's so strange... he just lost his attraction factor for me with the long hair, then when he got his hair cut it was much better but for some reason he started looking incredibly old to me. But now... the leather... the Fly/Pop ish "Fuck seriousness" attitude.. he looks so much younger and. DID I MENTION THE LEATHER YET????? :combust:

Heh that is good news. :wink: You can stay up and perve till you drop!

That is true actually. There's no cafeine in chocolate, but the substance is called Theobromine. It's a neurotransmitter that makes us feel happy inside. And it indeed comes from the translation of Godly food.

see THAT i didn't know ( no caffine)!

thnaks to Our Chemist Grrl GG2!!!
:applaud::applaud:

I do find chemstry interesting but was terrible at the equations stuff in 7th grade.. SO maybe I'll be reading "Chemestry for Dummies" someday.

Oh wow that's awesome! His attitude yesssss. :drool:

Loved hearing him talk about himself in the RS article too, and the band talking about him too. :cute:

The attitude is the thing that hits me the most this time around. :drool: Damn.
Oh and note Edge's face at the end. :cute: Smiiile!

:ohmy: There's a new RS article? Where?

I guess Bono in leather has had some major mystical powers on people. :D

I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing the effect that the leather :shifty: has had on people this leg!

Oh thanks! I'll read it tomorrow. :D

In short, it says that it's that it's not the caffeine molecules that act directly on the brain to cause wakefulness, but that they prevent the fatigue molecules we all have from settling into their receptors. Probably not big news to everyone, but I'm a psych geek, so I loved it. :lol: Also, it has tips as to how to maximize the effects of caffeine when you really need it, which basically boils down to cutting down or eliminating it so that it will be effective when you need it to be, because we do build up a resistance to it.

:drool: Found the scans in the misc articles. Naice.

What issue of RS is that from? I'd like to try to find it here if it's not too old. :hmm:

:wink: As if I would dare to send him your way wearing anything else rather than the leather pants.

Yeah I saw that. :crack: How are you even awake and coherent? It's pretty insane!

Thank you! :drool:

I have no fucking idea. Not to mention that I've also had several drinks that probably should have knocked a tired person on their ass, and yet I feel relatively normal, felt very little effect. :huh: I'm a medical miracle, I suppose? Yay. :|

:reject: I know! It's so strange... he just lost his attraction factor for me with the long hair, then when he got his hair cut it was much better but for some reason he started looking incredibly old to me. But now... the leather... the Fly/Pop ish "Fuck seriousness" attitude.. he looks so much younger and. DID I MENTION THE LEATHER YET????? :combust:

The leather was a very good choice. He reminds me so much of THIS now, it's insane. :love:

bwbonoflyfuzzy.jpg

the man also needs to wear tank tops yes. just sayin.

:drool: Found the scans in the misc articles. Naice.

What issue of RS is that from? I'd like to try to find it here if it's not too old. :hmm:

It's brand new, just came out today. Sept 2 issue.

And VP... I think I got mixed up... mixed up my Robbies... Bono Mot liked Robbie WILLIAMS... :doh:

Thank you! :drool:

I have no fucking idea. Not to mention that I've also had several drinks that probably should have knocked a tired person on their ass, and yet I feel relatively normal, felt very little effect. :huh: I'm a medical miracle, I suppose? Yay. :|
:sexywink: Soo, once you've fallen asleep I can take him back to my place right?

Had too much sugar? Stress of some sort? Heat? Could be a lot of causes, actually. but if it happens for too long I would see a doctor if I were you!
Not sleeping is literally lethal.

*does NOT like That photo at all* :no:

yeah it IS a good photgraph but too broodingly nasty.:yikes:
:wink: I like the wifebeater look.

The leather was a very good choice. He reminds me so much of THIS now, it's insane. :love:

bwbonoflyfuzzy.jpg

the man also needs to wear tank tops yes. just sayin.

Oh yeah. He SO reminds me of FlyBono SO much. As I told Domo at the show, it's like the reincarnation of The Fly mixed with PopBono's head and the attitude of both combined.

And as you know Pop Bono and the FLy are my two favourite Bono eras ever. So yeah, you can imagine what effect this new look has on me!

Yeah, that's him. He's a patrolman for the province - has authority over anything to do with the highway traffic act, traffic accidents (in this realm, they actually have authority over police, and they train police officers)...but nothing to do with personal/criminal acts...it's all transportation, garages/service centers that do repair work, seeing that vehicles (esp commercial vehicles) are roadworthy. He works for the provincial government. But he drives a patrol car that has a siren, and wears a uniform. :combust: :wink: :reject:

I thought you might be interested. :) They are closely related to the tribes of upstate NY. In recent years, there's been a huge to-do in this area about native land claims (they were promised 6 miles on either side of the Grand River, a long river that runs through this city and much of the province), which has been built upon by white people. It's a whole big thing, and I don't want to bore the thread with it further, but if you're interested, I can PM you info. :)

I'm old, and I still want an arrowhead. :angry: :wink:

Yeah I remember you mentioning that ...uniform, the car wuth siren et al!:D

I have't totally given up on going up there with a friend to dig, but first I have to find out IF the area is still considered a place where you can find them!

you can send me the article.the USA has scads of broken promises and terrible treatment of Indigenous peoples here. there are still fights in courts and stuff.

The attitude is the thing that hits me the most this time around. :drool: Damn.
Oh and note Edge's face at the end. :cute: Smiiile!

:ohmy: There's a new RS article? Where?

Oh sorry, glad you found my scans tho, gah I liked that article a LOT. It was nice to hear them all talking about their Bono like that. :heart:

It's totally the attitude. :up: I can't even count how many times I've seen pics from this tour and have momentarily thought that they look like 90's Bono. He's looking damn fine. I think a lot may have to do with the forced rest he got during his surgery convalescence.

I've actually wondered if he's had work done, but I really don't see him as the type to do that (not that there's anything wrong with it). I just think he's rested for the first time in years. :)

Back
Top Bottom