PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25 compilation/tv appearance dvds,

I have a bunch of those, too. I wish I could weed those out more - some of the clips have turned up elsewhere, some are bad quality, some I don't really want to keep ... but the way they're burned, I don't know that I can "unburn" them to my computer to keep just the ones I want.

If that makes sense.

I've been half-napping, half watching the Frankfurt DVD. It's very good.

Although it looks like I might need to rethink my strategy of outer rail - from the DVD, it looks like it might be farther from the stage than I thought!

Have any of you been right at the front on this tour? My impression of the stage is that it's kind of high off the ground - if I'm short and in the front row of the pit, will I have a stiff neck after 5 minutes from looking up? Can you actually see them from right there? Is the stage not as high as I'm thinking it is?

But of course :wink:

munch munch munch mmmmm this pizza is yummy :drool:

Ok hun :hug :

Awesome. Wild twice in one week. :drool:

I just spoke to Dominos and guy was v apologetic. ( A FUCKING HOUR!!! :angry: ) He said they had been super busy and for the inconvenience I'd get a free pizza next time I call. :hyper::love: Worth the wait then. :shifty::lol: Delivery guy just turned up and was also apologetic and said they sent a free bottle of fanta for you. I was like OK *takes bottle* :shifty:

So with an extra half hour wait I have gotten a free pizza and free drink. :love::lol:

I have a bunch of those, too. I wish I could weed those out more - some of the clips have turned up elsewhere, some are bad quality, some I don't really want to keep ... but the way they're burned, I don't know that I can "unburn" them to my computer to keep just the ones I want.

If that makes sense.

I've been half-napping, half watching the Frankfurt DVD. It's very good.

Although it looks like I might need to rethink my strategy of outer rail - from the DVD, it looks like it might be farther from the stage than I thought!

Have any of you been right at the front on this tour? My impression of the stage is that it's kind of high off the ground - if I'm short and in the front row of the pit, will I have a stiff neck after 5 minutes from looking up? Can you actually see them from right there? Is the stage not as high as I'm thinking it is?

I *think* you can "unburn" but it would be a time consuming process, by virtue of the way dvd files are named (or not named, rather). You've have to open the files of each dvd, watch to see what they are, and then specifically rename and save each to your computer. That's the only way I know of going about it.

First TO show, we could have gotten front row - middle was taken, but Sarah was firmly front row on Edge's side. I decided I wanted back rail instead. I told her she was welcome to stay up there (we've separated at shows before), but she decided to come back with me.

I just spoke to Dominos and guy was v apologetic. ( A FUCKING HOUR!!! :angry: ) He said they had been super busy and for the inconvenience I'd get a free pizza next time I call. :hyper::love: Worth the wait then. :shifty::lol: Delivery guy just turned up and was also apologetic and said they sent a free bottle of fanta for you. I was like OK *takes bottle* :shifty:

So with an extra half hour wait I have gotten a free pizza and free drink. :love::lol:

That sucks about the wait, but hooray for free things! :D

Thanks, Wild! I wasn't sure how much space was between the front row and the stage, like if I'd be staring up Bono's nostrils the whole time, like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. :lol:

My worries about back of pit is that I'll be staring at a bunch of arms in the air and backs of heads. But on the plus side, I'll be right front when they're on the behind me, so ...

UGH. Good thing I have time to decide. I probably will panic once I get inside and not know which way to run. :lol:

As for dvds, I'm sort of in completionist mode. I have some crappy ones that I've only watched once, and will probably only rarely watch, but it's still nice to have them. :)

I still have to combine my more recent ones with older dvds I'd gotten in the past.

Yay for free things!

I *think* you can "unburn" but it would be a time consuming process, by virtue of the way dvd files are named (or not named, rather). You've have to open the files of each dvd, watch to see what they are, and then specifically rename and save each to your computer. That's the only way I know of going about it.

First TO show, we could have gotten front row - middle was taken, but Sarah was firmly front row on Edge's side. I decided I wanted back rail instead. I told her she was welcome to stay up there (we've separated at shows before), but she decided to come back with me.

How did you like back rail?

I think I have a program that will put DVD files from the DVD onto my computer - but I know when I burn them to DVD, it's all one file, like a TS file or something, I think?

Some of them ended up being VCDs as well, so I might just have to experiment. :crack:

Yay for free pizza & drink :drool:

Not only twice in a week, you get to spend 4 days in my company in Brussels a few weeks later :sexywink:

As for dvds, I'm sort of in completionist mode. I have some crappy ones that I've only watched once, and will probably only rarely watch, but it's still nice to have them. :)

I was like that for a while with the DVDs, but then I changed my mind and decided to be completist only with the audio stuff. I'm only semi-completionist. :wink:

There are a few I've had with decent video, but really awful sound, and that was frustrating. I ditched those.

Put those on your to-do list. :wink:

I was planning on sending you guys lists, and I can burn what you guys want before I see you next. I just have to figure out if I can change the settings from NTSC to PAL for you.

They're on my list already. :shifty::wink:

Aww that would be awesome. :love: Damn NTSC to PAL. :angry:

I'm 5' 3" and the stage is quite high though I wouldn't say it hurt my neck looking up. You can't see Larry at the front though and if you are far round on Adam Or Edges side its difficult to get a good view of the other band member t the other end of the stage. I'm going front rail centreish for Athens, not managed that this tour. Was 2nd row for Dublin on Edges side and 2nd row I think for Cardiff on Adams side. :)

I might just have to wait and see what the weather's like for the show and how early I can get there. I might have the choice made FOR me if I don't get there early enough! :wink:

I might just take what I can get and like it. As long as I'm no more than two heads back from whatever rail, I'll be okay.

Thanks for all the opinions, though - I do appreciate it! :)

How did you like back rail?

I think I have a program that will put DVD files from the DVD onto my computer - but I know when I burn them to DVD, it's all one file, like a TS file or something, I think?

Some of them ended up being VCDs as well, so I might just have to experiment. :crack:

Honestly, I sort of had a crappy night that night. There was one *very* annoying poster from the tour threads that I ran into by chance and had to keep telling him a little more forcefully each time to not bounce into Sarah as he was jumping up and down. Then I had a drunken "woo girl" directly in front of me who continuously flipped her hair into my face. Very annoying. I politely asked her to stop, but then she just did it more. I finally told her friend to move her, or I might cause a scene. :|

I dunno. the show is SO immense that it's hard to take in everything when you're up close. And it seemed that Bono didn't get back there enough to make it worthwhile. The next night, we stood back by the soundboard, and it was up there with my best U2 experiences ever.

All that said, I had rail for most of the Vertigo shows, and it was awesome.

Yeah i remember Chicago Sarah stayed with Jem & I and you & Ruff disappeared into the darkness...

and you run back to us when they played WGRYWH :love:

Wild & Jem, I haz thingz for you :shifty : PM me your addy, Jem. Wild, I still have yours, unless you've moved since Christmastime.

OMG. :love::bow::hyper:

Will PM you. :kiss:

That sucks about the wait, but hooray for free things! : D

:up:

Thanks, Wild! I wasn't sure how much space was between the front row and the stage, like if I'd be staring up Bono's nostrils the whole time, like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. :lol :

My worries about back of pit is that I'll be staring at a bunch of arms in the air and backs of heads. But on the plus side, I'll be right front when they're on the behind me, so ...

UGH. Good thing I have time to decide. I probably will panic once I get inside and not know which way to run. :lol :

I enjoyed back of pit but did prefer outer rail as no one else directly infront of you. :lol:

If you have GA for at least 2 shows try front one time then maybe inner back rail or outer rail for other. :)

I was like that for a while with the DVDs, but then I changed my mind and decided to be completist only with the audio stuff. I'm only semi-completionist. :wink:

There are a few I've had with decent video, but really awful sound, and that was frustrating. I ditched those.

Yeah, I'd much rather have a dvd with crappy video than with crappy audio. :up: When it's on, I can always do other things, and just listen.

Part of me wants to be up close, but if most of my friends would rather hang in back, I'd rather do that. It's more fun experiencing it with my friends than being close for me, so I might sacrifice being close for watching with friends.

I know a LOT of people who are coming to Seattle though, so it'll probably be a split between those who want to do the line and those that want to do soundboard.

Right now, I have GA for Seattle and seats for Minneapolis. I may decide to try for GA and do Denver as well, but that's really up in the air.

Of the four shows I saw last fall, I had GA for three, and hung in the back for two, both of which were just the best times. So much fun, and the people I was with helped make it so.

Vancouver was weird, because while I was back by the soundboard, the soundboard was like in the middle of the floor of that place, so I actually ended up being in the middle of the pack and couldn't see very well. Finally gave up and went waaaaay in the back, where there was nobody and the sound was all weird. :lol: Was still fun, though. I was with two friends who hadn't seen any other shows, so it was fun.

They're on my list already. :shifty::wink:

Aww that would be awesome. :love: Damn NTSC to PAL. :angry:

I'm 5' 3" and the stage is quite high though I wouldn't say it hurt my neck looking up. You can't see Larry at the front though and if you are far round on Adam Or Edges side its difficult to get a good view of the other band member t the other end of the stage. I'm going front rail centreish for Athens, not managed that this tour. Was 2nd row for Dublin on Edges side and 2nd row I think for Cardiff on Adams side. :)

Yeah i started at Edge's side and worked my way around to adam's side

Wembley 1 was 2nd row in front of Bono, :drool:

Back
Top Bottom