PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to continue the bootleg discussion - back at ITH 2005 I won a dvd of Elevation Barcelona (Edge's birthday). It's a great dvd, but it's heartbreaking to hear Bono dedicating Kite to his father "who is very ill" knowing that only a few weeks later he'll be mourning Bob's passing...

Yes, that was me. :) I've never been outside of North America, so I'm really excited. I did a ton of research and planning a few months ago, and then kind of put it aside because it's sooo far off yet, too early to make firm plans. But I'm planning on two weeks next September.

Tentative itinerary is to fly into Cork, spend a day there to acclimate (I don't think I spelled that right), drive to Dingle, spend a few days in that area, then up to Galway to spend a handful of days in and around (Aran Islands, all the other stuff to see there), and then ditch the car and hop the train to Dublin to close out the trip there, seeing the sights and taking a couple of day trips (up to newgrange, down to wicklow) before flying home.

I've gotten loads of helpful tips and info from people all over the net, including here. Researching has been so fun. :)

That sounds sooo good. :up::D

:lol : That sounds like something I'd add on, to avoid being construed as being selfish. :shifty :

:lmao: Me too. :shifty:

Dude, you should save Ireland for a year when they're not on this side of the pond!

:shifty :

:lol:

DAMN BONO'S BACK! :scream :

I have a plan for saving between now and then, but the way things are going (i.e., I SUCK at saving money), I'll probably end up charging more than I care to admit with the trip. :reject :

So hey, what the hell, why not use some of that money for another U2 concert? :whistle :

:lol: Yeah why not? :shifty:

:wink:

comet, the knife set is up right now!! Just started - 7500 so far! :ohmy:

:ohmy:

Just to continue the bootleg discussion - back at ITH 2005 I won a dvd of Elevation Barcelona (Edge's birthday). It's a great dvd, but it's heartbreaking to hear Bono dedicating Kite to his father "who is very ill" knowing that only a few weeks later he'll be mourning Bob's passing...

:sad: Bono. :hug::heart:

YES!! That's the attitude we're going for, here. :wink:

:up::lol:

Dude, if I win the lottery, I'm going to all the damned shows. (Then I'll write a book about it and really live my dream!)

And drinks will be on me. :wink:

Although it looks like I might need to rethink my strategy of outer rail - from the DVD, it looks like it might be farther from the stage than I thought!

Have any of you been right at the front on this tour? My impression of the stage is that it's kind of high off the ground - if I'm short and in the front row of the pit, will I have a stiff neck after 5 minutes from looking up? Can you actually see them from right there? Is the stage not as high as I'm thinking it is?

I've done front row, and yes you can see them - but I don't know if I'd recommend it for someone a great deal shorter than me... How tall are you again? The stage *is* fairly high, but that allows for the bridges to be able to go over peoples' heads in the crowd ;)

You may want to ask Jem about her outer rail experience - she's fairly tiny compared to me and she should have some opinions on how it was :)

Funny, I was watching some footage, thinking it might be fun to be right up close, but if i can't see Larry, I might as well not go :lol:

I could see Larry, but then again TO1 I was second row up front between Bono and Adam, and TO2 I was front row just past Adam (granted I had a better view of Larry the second night, as I didn't have a Claw light in my eyes from time to time :lol:) - and I'm 5'9", 5'10" on a good day ;)

Have you met Cathal? :wink:

I have! I met him in Chicago - such a nice guy. He was kind enough to send me a copy of his book prior to Chicago as well. What a fun read.

I've done front row, and yes you can see them - but I don't know if I'd recommend it for someone a great deal shorter than me... How tall are you again?

I'm 5'2" - thanks!

*buys cori a ticket*

:kiss:

I could see Larry, but then again TO1 I was second row up front between Bono and Adam, and TO2 I was front row just past Adam (granted I had a better view of Larry the second night, as I didn't have a Claw light in my eyes from time to time :lol:) - and I'm 5'9", 5'10" on a good day ;)

The claw lights. :madwife: That happened to me aswell. :lol:

DUDE.

Helsinki 2 bootleg up already on U2start. No idea of quality, but mega points for speed! :lol:

U2 start.com | Shows | 2010-08-21 - Helsinki, Finland - Olympic Stadium

You just beat me to it. :lol: Downloading as I type. :drool:

Holy shit, a "crib" they used on the set just went for 8,000! :ohmy: The fake baby they used for when the real baby actor wasn't needed only went for 800. :lol:

I can't wait to see how much the squirrel baby goes for. :love: :lol: Sarah said probably millions...

eta - Charlie's fake bags of heroin are up now. :lol:

eta again - $9,000 for Charlie's Drive Shaft ring! :ohmy:

(sorry, I know most of you aren't interested, but I thought Thora, Dazzled and comet might be :) )

Back
Top Bottom