PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay for free pizza and soda :hyper :

Aww you called it soda. :cute:

Honestly, I sort of had a crappy night that night. There was one *very* annoying poster from the tour threads that I ran into by chance and had to keep telling him a little more forcefully each time to not bounce into Sarah as he was jumping up and down. Then I had a drunken "woo girl" directly in front of me who continuously flipped her hair into my face. Very annoying. I politely asked her to stop, but then she just did it more. I finally told her friend to move her, or I might cause a scene. : |

I dunno. the show is SO immense that it's hard to take in everything when you're up close. And it seemed that Bono didn't get back there enough to make it worthwhile. The next night, we stood back by the soundboard, and it was up there with my best U2 experiences ever.

All that said, I had rail for most of the Vertigo shows, and it was awesome.

OMG i remember you telling me about them. :crack:

Yeah i remember Chicago Sarah stayed with Jem & I and you & Ruff disappeared into the darkness...

and you run back to us when they played WGRYWH :love:

:love: One of my fave Vertigo memories.:lol:

I keep changing my mind about what I should do for the shows next year. :lol: I kinda want to do soundboard for Seattle, then rail for Montreal. I know I'm gonna be overwhelmed for my first GA, so I kinda want to take it easy for the first time. I just don't know. :lol:

Part of me wants to be up close, but if most of my friends would rather hang in back, I'd rather do that. It's more fun experiencing it with my friends than being close for me, so I might sacrifice being close for watching with friends.

I know a LOT of people who are coming to Seattle though, so it'll probably be a split between those who want to do the line and those that want to do soundboard.

Right now, I have GA for Seattle and seats for Minneapolis. I may decide to try for GA and do Denver as well, but that's really up in the air.

Of the four shows I saw last fall, I had GA for three, and hung in the back for two, both of which were just the best times. So much fun, and the people I was with helped make it so.

Vancouver was weird, because while I was back by the soundboard, the soundboard was like in the middle of the floor of that place, so I actually ended up being in the middle of the pack and couldn't see very well. Finally gave up and went waaaaay in the back, where there was nobody and the sound was all weird. :lol: Was still fun, though. I was with two friends who hadn't seen any other shows, so it was fun.

this.

although, if there's a big enough group you'll have friends where ever you want to watch from. That was a dilemma for me in Pasadena... who do I want to experience this with AND where do I want to be. I went for back of the pit on Adam's side... meh :| But had a great time with the people around me.

It's more fun experiencing it with my friends than being close for me, so I might sacrifice being close for watching with friends.

This. :up:

This is why I stayed at the sound board with VP and Sarah on TO2. It was fun to see the lightshow ( I was in awe of it quite a lot :drool::lol: ) and we had a great time.

That was my U2 dork moment. :lol: God, that was an amazing run of shows. :love: Such a great time. And I'm thrilled that you guys were at most of them with me!

Me too. :heart:

Also, I do love being in the back because there's so much room to jump around and dance. I lost my freaking mind in Chicago with the dancing.

And I made a friend during Streets! This group of guys were standing right in front of me and joyfulgirl, and they kept being kind of annoying, making lots of beer runs, spending a lot of time talking to each other and mainly annoying because they were tall and blocked our view. :wink:

But one of the guys was clearly really into the show, and he was kind of dancing and jumping around, and when Streets started, he saw me jumping and he set his beer down by our stuff and started jumping around with me - like we were the happiest people on earth.

It was SO fun. Then he kissed my cheek on the way out. :cute:

:up:

:up:

:drool::sexywink : Another birthday spent together. :heart :

I know :happy:

That was my U2 dork moment. :lol : God, that was an amazing run of shows. :love : Such a great time. And I'm thrilled that you guys were at most of them with me!

Me too

Aww you called it soda. :cute:

OMG i remember you telling me about them. :crack:

:love: One of my fave Vertigo memories.:lol:

Mine to, every time i hear WGRYWH's now i see that moment :lol:

I keep changing my mind about what I should do for the shows next year. :lol: I kinda want to do soundboard for Seattle, then rail for Montreal. I know I'm gonna be overwhelmed for my first GA, so I kinda want to take it easy for the first time. I just don't know. :lol:

Montreal you gonna be dragged with us :evil:

this.

although, if there's a big enough group you'll have friends where ever you want to watch from. That was a dilemma for me in Pasadena... who do I want to experience this with AND where do I want to be. I went for back of the pit on Adam's side... meh :| But had a great time with the people around me.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the back of the pit, at least you had a great group with you. :hug::heart:

Thora. You should do rail with us in Montreal. :sexywink:

Also, I do love being in the back because there's so much room to jump around and dance. I lost my freaking mind in Chicago with the dancing.

And I made a friend during Streets! This group of guys were standing right in front of me and joyfulgirl, and they kept being kind of annoying, making lots of beer runs, spending a lot of time talking to each other and mainly annoying because they were tall and blocked our view. :wink:

But one of the guys was clearly really into the show, and he was kind of dancing and jumping around, and when Streets started, he saw me jumping and he set his beer down by our stuff and started jumping around with me - like we were the happiest people on earth.

It was SO fun. Then he kissed my cheek on the way out. :cute:

Aww, I love it! :D

It's just Seattle that I'm conflicted about. :lol:

You should be a rail skank with me! ... unless I decide not to skank it up. :shifty:

You should do Montreal. 2 shows = value for your money, plus the exchange rate will probably be in your favour.

Dear God/Buddha/Allah/Little Green Men:

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me win Mega Millions. I really want to go to all the shows.

Oh, and uh .... world peace.

Amen.

:sad:

You guys are making me want to do Chicago, too. :shifty:

But I can't. :(

:hug:

You should see you can swing it. Will be fun. :shifty: Just imagine the discussions after about THE LEATHER. We might all be sporting eyepatches after the show though. :wink::lol:

You should do Montreal. 2 shows = value for your money, plus the exchange rate will probably be in your favour. :up: :shifty:

This is a very good point. :shifty::lol:

VP the enabler.

Normally, I'd be booking flights and looking for tickets, but next year I'm planning to go to Ireland in September, so funds and vacation time are limited for this next leg. :(

[non-sequitor] watching youtube vertigo from the show tonight - I need this bootleg, like 5 minutes ago! [/non-sequitor]

I've been watching all the videos popping up from today's show, and Vertigo, yes! :love: Love all the Singing in the Rain intro. Bono :drool: x azillion.

Normally, I'd be booking flights and looking for tickets, but next year I'm planning to go to Ireland in September, so funds and vacation time are limited for this next leg. :(

OMG Ireland. :drool: I actually think you posted a thread about that somewhere ( It was you wasn't it? :uhoh::lol: )

You will LOVE Ireland. :love: You doing Dublin and some of the places down in the south part of Ireland? I keep meaning to go see Belfast and some of Northern Ireland and also places like Cork, Dingle, Galway etc. I'd love to see all the places down there. :love:

Yes, that was me. :) I've never been outside of North America, so I'm really excited. I did a ton of research and planning a few months ago, and then kind of put it aside because it's sooo far off yet, too early to make firm plans. But I'm planning on two weeks next September.

Tentative itinerary is to fly into Cork, spend a day there to acclimate (I don't think I spelled that right), drive to Dingle, spend a few days in that area, then up to Galway to spend a handful of days in and around (Aran Islands, all the other stuff to see there), and then ditch the car and hop the train to Dublin to close out the trip there, seeing the sights and taking a couple of day trips (up to newgrange, down to wicklow) before flying home.

I've gotten loads of helpful tips and info from people all over the net, including here. Researching has been so fun. :)

Oh, and uh .... world peace.

Amen.

:sad:

:lol: That sounds like something I'd add on, to avoid being construed as being selfish. :shifty:

VP the enabler.

:sexywink:

Dude, you should save Ireland for a year when they're not on this side of the pond!

:shifty:

Dude, you should save Ireland for a year when they're not on this side of the pond!

DAMN BONO'S BACK! :scream:

I have a plan for saving between now and then, but the way things are going (i.e., I SUCK at saving money), I'll probably end up charging more than I care to admit with the trip. :reject:

So hey, what the hell, why not use some of that money for another U2 concert? :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom