PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
weirdglitch.jpg

That's what it looks like :wink: Even if I open a new IE window, it still happens! :lol: Did Ax hack me?

Good thing it's Sunday and you don't have to get up for work. I've never read any Harry Potter books or seen the movies :reject:

No doubt! :lol: If it were a Sunday night, I would have stopped reading hours before. I kept looking at the clock and groaning at the time, but I wanted to finish it before going to sleep.

The books are AMAZING, but the movies are really good too! It's definitely worth checking out. I was a little hesitant to read the books at first, because my younger cousin was all crazy about them in the late 90's, and I wasn't really interested in joining in on a craze for kids. :lol: I ended up picking up the book one day out of sheer boredom, and was pleasantly surprised. They're very well written.

ETA - GG, that is really strange! U2gigs is taking over!! :lol:

No doubt! :lol: If it were a Sunday night, I would have stopped reading hours before. I kept looking at the clock and groaning at the time, but I wanted to finish it before going to sleep.

The books are AMAZING, but the movies are really good too! It's definitely worth checking out. I was a little hesitant to read the books at first, because my younger cousin was all crazy about them in the late 90's, and I wasn't really interested in joining in on a craze for kids. :lol: I ended up picking up the book one day out of sheer boredom, and was pleasantly surprised. They're very well written.

ETA - GG, that is really strange! U2gigs is taking over!! :lol:

Ya that's kinda why I haven't read them either. Not really into the whole wizard thing. Maybe I'll try and read one sometime :hmm:

I didn't think I wanted to read HP because I was never into the fantasy genre books, whether for YA or otherwise (as with everything, there were exceptions along the way).

But I'm glad I started reading them. I devoured the last one the day it came out - I ran to the local store at 7 when they opened, and I think I'd read the whole thing by mid-afternoon.

The movies are fun - they get better after the first few, as the books get darker and as they kind of veer into less of a 'kids movie' area.

Yeah, by the time you reach the end, they're definitely not for young kids any more. The story gets pretty dark.

I may or may not have gone to a bookstore party for the night Deathly Hallows was released. :lol: :reject: I stayed up all night to read it, because I didn't want anyone to spoil it for me the next day. :nerd:

I'm so dorkily excited about the movie, but I don't know if I want to brave the crazy crowds on opening weekend to see it. :lol:

Yeah, I'm the same way. I did go to see one of the recent movies on opening weekend at my neighborhood locally-owned theater, and that was really fun. The owner was there, and came out to thank us for coming to their place, and gave out some tee shirts, and it was a great vibe.

If it's showing at the same theater, I'll definitely try and go opening weekend.

I hated reading, still don't really do it much.. but HP? Only books I could read for hours and hours. First three I actually read within two nights. Then they got really big and it took me a few. :grumpy:

Yeah, I'm the same way. I did go to see one of the recent movies on opening weekend at my neighborhood locally-owned theater, and that was really fun. The owner was there, and came out to thank us for coming to their place, and gave out some tee shirts, and it was a great vibe.

If it's showing at the same theater, I'll definitely try and go opening weekend.

Nice! :up:

The problem with this area is that there are no small theatres around here - they're all massive multi-plexes. But at least that means more screens for the movie to show on, which is nice. I miss the small local theatres that I grew up going to, though.

It's funny - the one in my city looks like an alien spaceship. :lmao:

ColossusFamousPlayers.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. I remember when it was first built, it was just crazy. They had the searchlights going on constantly. There are even little alien-like little figures in the inside. :lol: Kinda creepy, if you go there late at night to watch a scary movie! :wink:

It's definitely one of the biggest movie theatres in the Vancouver-ish area, which is funny.

Ok ladies, to celebrate my 44,000th post I figure I should do it in the thread I've called my home since early 2006 with the loveliest, wee bit insane ladies. Yes I said ladies, for a change!

As usual I have nothing much to say. I'll let Bono do the talkin' for me.
First off, yeah, as if ANYONE expected me NOT to post this. Proud to say he's been in every milestone of mine, and about every Fly thread of PLEBA. I may have spammed this one a wee bit, but who cares. It's naked Bono. Damn you bubbles.
bonobathtubclearversion.jpg

Ok last zootv era pic I promise. Just.. It's leather! And my favourite Bono shirt ever. And did I mention LEATHER?!
bonoleaningagainstwall.jpg

Ok moving on, shortly stopping at Pop era to celebrate B's brilliant decision to go back to my favourite Bono haircut evar!
bonofuzzywallp.jpg

Now let's not waste any time with the inbetween eras. Time for the good stuff. For the LEATHER.
Why hello there, Just to let you know, Macphisto's back!
bonobowtorino.jpg

And he brought a friend..
adambonohugtorino0608.jpg

.. happily stuck his finger in the shirt of another...
bedgefingerinshirthanno.jpg

.. and cuddled with the last one of his bandmates.
bonolarryedgehughorsens.jpg

And the show went on... *yay*
p1000732.jpg

*cough* Sing your heart out baby!
bonohappymisssarajevoho.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta go crazy(If you don't go crazy tonight, do it tomorrow?) and have a little fun..
larryfondlingadamgif.gif

DerpBono says, thanks for reading!
bonoderphannover1208.jpg

I hope you had a good show. My duty is done! Onto the next 44k!
p1000500r.jpg

:weekend: sounds about right! Anyone want a drink? The pints are on me! :D

Making shrimp pasta, if anyone wants some you're welcome to hop over. :wink:

:applaud: good job on your 44,000 post Gg. We've come along way baby :D (actually, we've barely moved. :lol: ) Nice picspam :up: And omg I remember the 2 of us had some sort of Bono's tie-dye shirt collection didn't we? :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom