PGP - Remembering the good ole days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mucca said:

:yes:

I don't really talk to my best friends as often as you do but everytime we talk it goes on for hours. It makes me so relieved that we're able to catch up without feeling like we're strangers after having not talked for awhile.

i think the reason we have all stayed in touch is because we all became what we wanted to...
me .. a muse and with a musician
roni ... a wife of a company man with 2 gorgeous kids
noelle... a successful set designer for films....

so we are all so happy in our life choices that there is no resentment or jealousy...
i love those girls so much...
we almost lost noelle to breast cancer a year ago and i had no idea how i would live without her... she was my first friend upon moving to the states!

Molly Bloom said:

yes you do find out who your real friends are.. which is always painful :hug:

we have been together nearly 14 years :D
when we started dating he had just been playing with
well here read his bio and disco
:D
www.mattchamberlain.com

i tend to tell everyone he is my guy cause i love him and am so proud... but sometimes it gets me in trouble :(

ok, this is CRAZY. I'm from Dallas, used to go hear bands in Deep Ellum all the time. Edie Brickell went to my highschool!!! That means I've heard your guy play.

:crazy: small world!

bonoishot said:

I was so close to tears when we were on the plane :sad: :reject: :lmao:

I wish i'd tried to take the cake on the plane. It would have been soooo much better than the plane food :combust::lol:

It's a good thing you saved it for the plane. :madwife: Ruff had me crying in Detroit. :madwife:

:sigh: We really do need to do the commune thing...

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hug:
It's hard, because I was really close with a group of them, yet we knew intuitively that despite that, we were all going in different directions.

Actually it's funny, I've stayed in closer contact with some of the boys from my posse, but that's likely cause they came to the same university,

Damn, I want to go back to grade 10...even if only for a few days :heart:

Oh, and while I'm time travelling....I wouldn't mind passing by last september again...........a few times. :shifty:
:love:

Grade 10 was really fun for me too, although I really don't remember why and you would think gr.12 would be the year.

I wouldn't mind going back to April :sigh:

VintagePunk said:

It's a good thing you saved it for the plane. :madwife: Ruff had me crying in Detroit. :madwife:

:sigh: We really do need to do the commune thing...

god, detroit. that was such a hard goodbye...and *points an accusing finger at SG* SOMEONE had me in tears, so I didn't start it.

Molly Bloom said:

wow .. in the name of the father...
i lived in divis flats when all that was going on...
that movie made me sob and literally throw up...
i thought it was brilliant but i have never been able to watch it since...
i am tearing now just thinking about it ...
:huh:

I can't even imagine what that was like :hug:

Molly Bloom said:

www.mattchamberlain.com

i tend to tell everyone he is my guy cause i love him and am so proud... but sometimes it gets me in trouble :(

Wow 14 years! That's very impressive! :D

He's a very talented guy! Nice catch :up:

Molly Bloom said:

www.mattchamberlain.com

Thanks :) I've opened it, I'll take a better look at it later. :)

And that's a shame, you should be able to feel proud of whomever you're in love with!

VintagePunk said:

OMG, I could go on forever. :lol: Her life is complete chaos, but she's the type that brings a lot of it on herself. I've ALWAYS been there for her. But recently? Telling her some of the stuff that's been going on with me? Her reply was: "my life's like that every day." Then she went on to talk about herself. :|

:|

She sounds kinda self absorbed. She needs to realise friendship is a 2 way thing.

Mucca said:

Grade 10 was really fun for me too, although I really don't remember why and you would think gr.12 would be the year.

I wouldn't mind going back to April :sigh:

You would think senior year would be the one, but it's not all it's stacked up to be. Beside, people are stressing more about grades and such that year.

Why don't you convince that scietist of yours to build a time machine. :wink:

Molly Bloom said:

i think the reason we have all stayed in touch is because we all became what we wanted to...
me .. a muse and with a musician
roni ... a wife of a company man with 2 gorgeous kids
noelle... a successful set designer for films....

so we are all so happy in our life choices that there is no resentment or jealousy...
i love those girls so much...
we almost lost noelle to breast cancer a year ago and i had no idea how i would live without her... she was my first friend upon moving to the states!

I'm happy to hear that you and your friends have all found what your looking for :wink:

I've always preferred having a very small tight-knit group rather than a huge one but not really truly knowing each person.

hey sarah!! congrats!!

yes i saw that john s ijit on court tv saying bono was cheating or sommat... who is he to say? all he can do is get up there and bash people...

a**hat:madspit:

to continue, Stossel is arguing that aid to Africa is stupid because of corrupt governments, which is such a stupid argument--and though corruption exists there is no doubt that aid reaches people when the U.S. allies itself with non-governmental organizations. ok, i'm done with my rant.

they showed a clip of Bono talking right before One at one of the Vertigo shows and I got that butterfly feeling. glory days!

VP..
oh i cannot stand that social vampirism... that is what i call it... take take take and never give... always having to have the worst problems..ick...

ruffian said:
to continue, Stossel is arguing that aid to Africa is stupid because of corrupt governments, which is such a stupid argument--and though corruption exists there is no doubt that aid reaches people when the U.S. allies itself with non-governmental organizations. ok, i'm done with my rant.

they showed a clip of Bono talking right before One at one of the Vertigo shows and I got that butterfly feeling. glory days!

Too many people use that argument (corruption, etc) as an excuse to do nothing. :|

Do you know of Stephen Lewis?

Back
Top Bottom