PGP-Preparing for an epic U2010!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made the final reservations for our Grand Canyon hike in April :hyper:

Hope you're feeling better today Kristen - I'm still fighting it. Hoping the Happy Meal will help - "feed a cold" right?

VP, Can't image what a pain in the arse that whole situation is (for lack of a better term). Hang in there and if you need to let off some steam, we're here. :hug:

:crack: :scream: :cry:

The day before yesterday, we worked at my mom's all day, then came home and worked till midnight. Yesterday, same thing, only we worked till 2 am. I got 3 hrs sleep last night, Sarah got maybe 4.

Fortunately, I sold my entertainment unit yesterday, so that gave me room to store my mom's sofa, which hasn't sold yet, in my dining room. I need to cover it because of my cats, but the problem is, I can't get to it, BECAUSE THERE ARE 48 FUCKING BOXES PILED IN FRONT OF IT.

OMG, I can't believe I got myself into this. I have maybe 5 boxes of stuff from my mom's that is stuff I'm keeping, all the rest are things for a garage sale in the spring. I called my sister and said no fucking way do I have room for all this, and that she can pick up some of the garage sale boxes and store them at her house.

Is it too early to start drinking? :|

Thanks Zooey. :hug:

Oh yeah, my doors were open for over an hour this morning. The windchill today is minus 20 C, and it dropped to around 48 or 50 F in my house, and the humidity dropped to around 25%. :shiver: It's still only gotten back up to the low 60s so far.

Oh, one other thing. I haven't even seen my mom since Christmas day, we've been so busy. She moved into the retirement home the day after Christmas. I've talked to her a few times though, and this adjustment is hard for her. She sounds lonely and a little sad and a little pissed off and I miss her and just want to give her a hug and try to help her, but I'm too busy to drive to the other side of town to see her. :( She called me last night, because she's frustrated with living there and in her words "I just need someone to bitch to." :cute: :love:

Just made the final reservations for our Grand Canyon hike in April :hyper:

Hope you're feeling better today Kristen - I'm still fighting it. Hoping the Happy Meal will help - "feed a cold" right?

VP, Can't image what a pain in the arse that whole situation is (for lack of a better term). Hang in there and if you need to let off some steam, we're here. :hug:

Thanks Zooey :hug:
I'm not feeling better today but I talked to my boss and I don't have to go into work. I'm just relaxing and watching all the new dvd stuff that came with my JT Remastered :drool:

Hey Kristen, how cold is it up there right now? My sister's spending New Year's with the bf and two other couples in Nonalu (Nolalu?) and she's flying up tomorrow sometime :lol: Apparently the cabin has satellite, electricity... but no running water *snerk*

Damn, y'all are crazy with yer cold weather. It's about 50 today here.

Kristen - take care of yourself - glad you didn't have to go into work

VP - as far as I'm concerned, when you're going thru something like this, as long as it's after 12:00 you can start drinking :lol: That sucks that you're working on your mom's stuff and that's what's keeping you from actually seeing her. But at lease you can talk to her on the phone. And I'm sure you'll find time in the next couple days to get over there. Can your sister go over there to see her?

And I'm assuming you're not doing a garage sale now because it's colder than a welldiggers arse where you are so nobody goes to garage sales, right?

:hug: :cocktail:

Aw, thanks everyone. :hug: :)

Everything ended up fine. My sister came and picked up the boxes, made two trips actually, even though she was beat too, and I told her the second load could wait till tomorrow, I just needed a bit of room to move around tonight. I think even she was surprised when she saw the wall of boxes in here. :lol: They were more spread out at my mom's, and it didn't look like as many in there. Funny though, she insisted a few days ago that she had absolutely no room for them at her place. Liar. :cute:

Even the sofa isn't that intrusive, and we managed to make room in my bedroom for the matching chair.

Never did get that drink though, I'm still exhausted, and heading to bed soon. Maybe tomorrow. :drool:

Thanks again for listening to me bitch and whine through this. :hug:

Wild, I'll keep you informed on the Brussels tickets, it's going to take a long time I'm afraid. :sigh: stupid company.

How many of mine did you need, one for NI right? I don't remember. :reject:

Thanks Wild. :hug: I've missed you! How've you been?

Sooo stiff and sore today. :crack: Oh well. All I need to do is to unpack my 5 (only 5!!!!) boxes and do some minor straightening up around here, and visit my mom today. Oh yeah, I also have to cook a turkey dinner. Probably tomorrow.

VP :hug: Did Sarah ever get pics of the Christmas Bat? *g*

The Christmas Bat? I didn't have time to dig him out of storage this year. :sigh: Or, you mean at Sarah's place in KW? If so, she doesn't have a bat, she just had some Halloween garland up on the tree. I can ask her to take a pic when she goes back to school.

I didn't even have time to get out our Christmas stockings this year, so I started a new tradition, where we hang up the Christmas shopping bag. :reject: :lol:

Can your sister go over there to see her?

And I'm assuming you're not doing a garage sale now because it's colder than a welldiggers arse where you are so nobody goes to garage sales, right?

:hug: :cocktail:

Definitely the garage sale will have to wait till spring. Probably around the beginning of May. I'll give you ample notice so that you can come up here and buy our crap. :wink:

The past several days, my sister has been just as busy as us. The only difference is, she hasn't had to go home at night and sort through stuff and make room the way that we've had to. Sometimes I don't know how she's gotten through this. She has RA, so this has been tough on her physically, she really deserves a few days to rest.

The Christmas Bat? I didn't have time to dig him out of storage this year. :sigh: Or, you mean at Sarah's place in KW? If so, she doesn't have a bat, she just had some Halloween garland up on the tree. I can ask her to take a pic when she goes back to school.

I didn't even have time to get out our Christmas stockings this year, so I started a new tradition, where we hang up the Christmas shopping bag. :reject: :lol:

In my family for years we haven't had stockings, we've had "lumpies" - all the little stuff wrapped up together, sometimes just put in a bigger box and the box wrapped :lol: (This year my lumpie was in a North Face box *g*)

I meant at Sarah's - for some reason I thought she'd had a bat out as well as the other Hallowe'en stuff :lol:

In my family for years we haven't had stockings, we've had "lumpies" - all the little stuff wrapped up together, sometimes just put in a bigger box and the box wrapped :lol: (This year my lumpie was in a North Face box *g*)

That's awesome, I love it! :lol:

I meant at Sarah's - for some reason I thought she'd had a bat out as well as the other Hallowe'en stuff :lol:

I just asked her (she was still asleep when I first posted) and she does have a spider on her tree, as well as the garland. She told me a few days ago, but in the blur of everything, I'd forgotten.

Are you home yet? How's your family? And how is your mom doing?

That's awesome, I love it! :lol:

I just asked her (she was still asleep when I first posted) and she does have a spider on her tree, as well as the garland. She told me a few days ago, but in the blur of everything, I'd forgotten.

Are you home yet? How's your family? And how is your mom doing?

I was home from Christmas Eve till Sunday night - Mom's okay, but there's some stuff that came up after the gall bladder surgery in March that she's still dealing with, still has a bunch of meds. All three of my cousins were there with their kids, so there were 5 children that were 5 and under there :lol: (Nathan and Ayden are 5, Breyanna's my birthday twin at 2.5, Taylor's 2, and Novalee just turned 1 at the end of October *g*). There were 20 people at my parents' for Christmas dinner, including one couple not related (the Robinsons, who my parents have been friends with since I was 6 when Mrs Robinson babysat me - her daughter's my age and her son's a couple years younger.)

Hey Kristen, be prepared for big headlines in the Thunder Bay paper tomorrow - Eric Staal made the Olympic team :wink: (I can imagine this possibly being a bone of contention at future Staal family dinners :lol:)

I was home from Christmas Eve till Sunday night - Mom's okay, but there's some stuff that came up after the gall bladder surgery in March that she's still dealing with, still has a bunch of meds. All three of my cousins were there with their kids, so there were 5 children that were 5 and under there :lol: (Nathan and Ayden are 5, Breyanna's my birthday twin at 2.5, Taylor's 2, and Novalee just turned 1 at the end of October *g*). There were 20 people at my parents' for Christmas dinner, including one couple not related (the Robinsons, who my parents have been friends with since I was 6 when Mrs Robinson babysat me - her daughter's my age and her son's a couple years younger.)

Aw, I miss big holiday dinners. My family is all far away and my husband's family is small. Although 5 kids under 5 is a bit much! When my parents' grandkids get together, there are 5 between 15 and 4, a bit more spread out.

Actually they were really well behaved - the boys (with occasional help/joining in from Breyanna and Taylor) pushed their trucks up and down the hall (it's amazing how far one little push from a 5 yr old will get a little Monster truck down a carpeted hallway :lol:) and pretty much entertained themselves between dinner and presents, and so did the girls when they weren't going for the trucks or the motorcycles *g* I held Novalee for a fairly long time and though she'd never seen me before she didn't cry and went to a bunch of people as well :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom