PGP-Preparing for an epic U2010!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched TV Gaga. Inthishtowntashtic Bono, ftw.

Just got back from a hike. Along the way I briefly chatted with this fairly attractive guy, with his children, who had an Irish accent. I spoke with him awhile just to hear him talk more. :drool: :faint:

My friend was totally laughing at me the whole time. When she caught up with me she had this huge smile on her face. I just said "Shut it, you." :lol: Good times.

I remember you trying to get NI to talk so you could hear his accent :lol:

Is glad she married an Irishman :drool:

Aw. I remember you Jez. I just wasn't here. Come Baaaaaaaack!!!!!

I was very close to being hung over today. Jess, thanks for keeping me company last night.

:drunk : Jem :giggle : :cute :

Let's not forget him unzipping the TARDIS to exit it, and going back in for a different hat :lol :

Ha :lmao: "Do you prefer the other hat or this one?"

I just had to watch this now. It cracks me up everyone time. :lol:

Gonna find link to the other one now.

I bet it's not as special as Peter Garrett's... *L*

I'm going to have to get my headphones and watch it now, I think!

:hmm: Must check out Peter Garrett's dancing. :shifty:

Let me know what you thought of both. ;)

To get a pic like THIS? :hyper:
12sept2009_chicago.jpg

:ohmy::drool::combust:

Thank god for Sarah, she's been SO much help through all this. Never could have done it without her.

Sarah :heart:

My house smells SO good right now. :drool:

Reading the descrption of what you made no wonder your house smelt good :drool::love:

A lot better, thanks for asking :hug:
It's actually sunny today so I got to wear my new Bono shades out this morning :hyper:

Oooh Bono shades. :love::hi5:

Will do more catching up tommorow.

I can't believe the crap I wrote when drunk. :reject::lmao: No hangovers for me anymore either. :crack::lol:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

OH NO....... WHEREdid everyone go to??!!???

:huh: :( :(

I'm ok ( i was feeling all bleah earlier in the day, but managed to work my way out of it ) ....just wanted to chat a bit..... at naberborhood net cafe

will catch up onn thread.....bbs.:wave:

Just got back from a hike. Along the way I briefly chatted with this fairly attractive guy, with his children, who had an Irish accent. I spoke with him awhile just to hear him talk more. :drool: :faint:

My friend was totally laughing at me the whole time. When she caught up with me she had this huge smile on her face. I just said "Shut it, you." :lol: Good times.

:lol::lol::up:

On TV Late Night w Craing Ferguson.... he's pretty funny, and anyone who has had (one of my early viewings of his show) Bishop Tutu on is alright in my book.......... he has a Scotish Accent. Verrrry nice as well.

Hi dazz! :wave:
It's amazing how you always notice when I'm around, even if I pop in for a split second! :lol: I'm liking 2010 very much so far, thank you - happy new year to you as well and I hope things work out ok for you.

:wave:

1] I often look at the "who's here" notice so i know who i might expect if they lurking /or haven't yet posted.
Esp bc I DON'T have Net Service at home (yet)-- it helps me time & money-wise to know who i might be able to speak with while i am around. :hi5:

2] I'd seen a post of yours in another thread just sevetral mins earlier.

2] You're a brave guy for A] ventering into PLEBA, and B]The PGP :wink: - so it's appreciated. :D

:ohmy: I got an email from my old highschool. My friend and fellow Chemistry student who worked there for a year as one of the assistants(they were REALLY desperate, lacking good chemistry teachers) left them because he doesn't have time anymore and doesn't really see a future for himself in teaching. He did drop my name around the person who's the one dealing with the new teachers. And whaddayaknow, I have an email inviting me to come around to have a chat. This week. :ohmy: Dang, I may have another job, and this one will actually have a future! If I'm an assistant now, once I get my Bachelors degree I'm allowed to teach the first three years, and once I finish my Masters I could still work there and go teach fulltime.

This. Is. Awesome.:yippie:

:ohmy: I got an email from my old highschool. My friend and fellow Chemistry student who worked there for a year as one of the assistants(they were REALLY desperate, lacking good chemistry teachers) left them because he doesn't have time anymore and doesn't really see a future for himself in teaching. He did drop my name around the person who's the one dealing with the new teachers. And whaddayaknow, I have an email inviting me to come around to have a chat. This week. :ohmy: Dang, I may have another job, and this one will actually have a future! If I'm an assistant now, once I get my Bachelors degree I'm allowed to teach the first three years, and once I finish my Masters I could still work there and go teach fulltime.

Wow - cool! Welcome to teaching (hopefully). And if I"m not mistaken, you'll have a very attractive colleague, correct?

Wow - cool! Welcome to teaching (hopefully). And if I"m not mistaken, you'll have a very attractive colleague, correct?

:D Thanks, and who told you that? :angel:

Soo what are the big secret teacher tricks I'm supposed to know? Please enlighten me on every aspect oh great master!

The big mistake I see young teachers making is being too friendly. I mean I love my kids and I talk to them about their lives and tell them about mine but they still know I"m a TEACHER and they can't expect special favors or get away with things just because I like them. Now I start the year by reminding my returning students "I'm not COOL." :D

Good luck. It's probably going to be nice to start as an aide b/c you can help them without being totally responsible for making sure they learn everything. And you can watch the mentor teacher and decide "I really like that style of teaching" or "Wow, that's not working at all." Watch what the students do when he's talking/demonstrating/etc to see what works.

:wave: remember me? :wink:
Hey Jez! Hope all's well with you :hug:

:hmm: Must check out Peter Garrett's dancing. :shifty:

Let me know what you thought of both. ;)
That vid was most amusing... I love the zip-up Tardis and the Cyberman gear... :lol:

Here's an example of Peter Garrett in action...
YouTube - Midnight Oil - Read about it (Live at Wave Aid)

[...] And whaddayaknow, I have an email inviting me to come around to have a chat. This week. :ohmy: Dang, I may have another job, and this one will actually have a future! If I'm an assistant now, once I get my Bachelors degree I'm allowed to teach the first three years, and once I finish my Masters I could still work there and go teach fulltime.

Woohoo!! That's brilliant news, congrats GG!! :hug: :yippie: :happydance:

The big mistake I see young teachers making is being too friendly. I mean I love my kids and I talk to them about their lives and tell them about mine but they still know I"m a TEACHER and they can't expect special favors or get away with things just because I like them. Now I start the year by reminding my returning students "I'm not COOL." :D

Good luck. It's probably going to be nice to start as an aide b/c you can help them without being totally responsible for making sure they learn everything. And you can watch the mentor teacher and decide "I really like that style of teaching" or "Wow, that's not working at all." Watch what the students do when he's talking/demonstrating/etc to see what works.

Thanks that's really useful advice! Though I want to be the weird yet cool teacher, as most chem teachers are. I'll be sure to not be too nice, it's still my dictatorship after all eh? :wink:

I think it's good that I start this way because I've a lot to learn and this'll be a nice way to learn it. And kids are less nasty to an aide rather than a new teacher. I'm less of a new victim for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom