PGP: Pop Giffing Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salads for dinner on hot days :love:

I'm listening to the Bootleg for Pittsburgh. OMG Bad was perfect. :sad: Bono just sounds gorgeous. I truly think his voice is so much more pleasant to listen to hit the high notes now than when he was younger. :drool:

AUGHHHH, god damn it.

I ordered a new flat iron on Amazon specifically because it said it was dual voltage.

It's fucking not. GOD DAMN IT.

And of course the packaging is all a mess because you can never open those frigging plastic cases easily. They had BETTER take it back.

And now I'm still without a dual voltage flat iron. (I have a tiny travel one, but it takes twice as long for me to do my hair because it takes forever to heat up and is so tiny.)

Can't you just get one of those plug adapter thingies?

My hair dryer just crumped out on me. Turns itself off every time it heats up. So this weekend I'll be buying a new hairdryer and a new watch (I wear my sport watch with EVERYTHING - and it looks silly when I try to dress up).
I'm a few short of 4000 posts. Is it sad or impressive? Not sure....

I just made really delicious waffles. They are good. :drool:

How far is it to your house from here? :shifty:

Salads for dinner on hot days :love:

I'm listening to the Bootleg for Pittsburgh. OMG Bad was perfect. :sad: Bono just sounds gorgeous. I truly think his voice is so much more pleasant to listen to hit the high notes now than when he was younger. :drool:

Yeah I d/led that bootleg yesterday. And I agree completely about Bad. It is one of the best versions of that song of all-time. :love:

Im jealous. Its too hot to cook here, even with the a/c on. It's 92F out right now. :crack:

I'm having a peanut butter sandwich as an afternoon snack, with plans to make HUGE salads for dinner later.

It's the second hottest "fall" on record here. And I had cold meatloaf for my after swim snack :rolleyes: It was really good meatloaf though - I made it with ground beef and turkey sausage and onions and bell peppers.

Can't you just get one of those plug adapter thingies?

I need plug adapters for my stuff to fit into the sockets, but the appliance itself has to have dual voltage itself. The adapters, thankfully, are super cheap, so I have 3 or 4 of them.

If the thing isn't dual voltage, you have to buy a converter, and when I looked into that, I saw that not only were they kind of pricey, they were big and bulky, not something I wanted to lug around.

Plus, the only thing I had that would need to be converted was the flat iron, and I saw that I could get a decent dual voltage flat iron for cheaper than the converter.

Hair dryers are typically the big things that need converters, but I kept reading that not only do a lot of hair dryers crap out over there even with a converter, but most hotels and B&Bs have them now anyway, so a converter wasn't worth buying.

:)

I need plug adapters for my stuff to fit into the sockets, but the appliance itself has to have dual voltage itself. The adapters, thankfully, are super cheap, so I have 3 or 4 of them.

If the thing isn't dual voltage, you have to buy a converter, and when I looked into that, I saw that not only were they kind of pricey, they were big and bulky, not something I wanted to lug around.

Plus, the only thing I had that would need to be converted was the flat iron, and I saw that I could get a decent dual voltage flat iron for cheaper than the converter.

Hair dryers are typically the big things that need converters, but I kept reading that not only do a lot of hair dryers crap out over there even with a converter, but most hotels and B&Bs have them now anyway, so a converter wasn't worth buying.

:)

Gotcha. Good luck with the whole "getting your money back" thing. Seems they should if they advertised it falsely and several people bought it specifically for that purpose.

Ok. Off to the inlaws. Wish me luck. I'm bringing work to do because, frankly, I have nothing to talk to them about and they don't DO anything. They just sit around the house and read the paper and watch TV and smoke (at least they do that outside).

Oh and the boy, my son's cousin, has FOUR video game systems now. Yes, I just said FOUR. He doesn't ever read. He hates legos. Is afraid to swim with his head in the water.

Did I mention he has FOUR video game systems? :crack:

any1 wants lingonberrys, my berrypicking got outta hand somehow, 11 days and 270 kg(ish) 10 buckets full, selling em and putting money to savings account for next tour, tomorrow gonna go and pick some magic mushrooms :whistle:

any1 wants lingonberrys, my berrypicking got outta hand somehow, 11 days and 270 kg(ish) 10 buckets full, selling em and putting money to savings account for next tour, tomorrow gonna go and pick some magic mushrooms :whistle:

:shocked: Jebus.

And yeh I'd love them.:lol: Pity they don't travel well.

not much, could easily pick a bucket 10 liters from 10*10m area, forests full of berries, ate half i think tho :lol:
been on woods bout 4-5 hours daily, no flying annoying stingers as nights getting cold here, just hungry bears :lol:

bout 3 weeks to go I think before cold gets over berries, so trying to hit 1k kilos and sell price is 1.6€ and 2€/kg from cleaned ones, trash taken out + mushrooms and lichen, I´l need a truck lol

here you can pick in every forest even if they are owned by someone, called everymans right, just picking near peoples houses/homes is forbidden :hyper:

Gotcha. Good luck with the whole "getting your money back" thing. Seems they should if they advertised it falsely and several people bought it specifically for that purpose.

Ok. Off to the inlaws. Wish me luck. I'm bringing work to do because, frankly, I have nothing to talk to them about and they don't DO anything. They just sit around the house and read the paper and watch TV and smoke (at least they do that outside).

Oh and the boy, my son's cousin, has FOUR video game systems now. Yes, I just said FOUR. He doesn't ever read. He hates legos. Is afraid to swim with his head in the water.

Did I mention he has FOUR video game systems? :crack:

FOUR? We don't even own one. My son has a Leapster hand-held that was a gift from my mother-in-law last year, but that's it. He, on the other hand, LOVES legos. He builds U2 "stages" with them and has little lego figures that he makes look like the lads. :lol:

lol yea, had Irish friends here like 6 years ago and they took a train from Helsinki to here, bout 5 hours, asked how was the trip, liked the view ?

one said, yea, we were on restaurant car whole trip and watched outside, it was: trees, trees, trees, trees, lake, trees, trees, lake, trees, lake, trees, oh were here
:lol:

bout 3 weeks to go I think before cold gets over berries, so trying to hit 1k kilos and sell price is 1.6€ and 2€/kg from cleaned ones, trash taken out + mushrooms and lichen, I´l need a truck lol

here you can pick in every forest even if they are owned by someone, called everymans right, just picking near peoples houses/homes is forbidden :hyper:

Wow that's so cheap! :ohmy: Damn, that is so cool. We barely have fruit bearing forests anymore. Maybe some blackberries, but that's it.

Awright, just got ice cream and makeup and a CD (something or other by Ian McCulloch because I like his voice, even if he's a bastard ;))

I feel accomplished. I walked a looong way down longass Park Avenue...totally sweaty and gross now, but I think I know my corner of Baltimore a little better. Next I need to find a less shitty record store and with an actual organization system, too.

Sheesh you postwhores. :lol: I'm gone for two days and you get 25 new pages?

That'll teach you :p

Cleaning? :shifty: Why bother, everything gets dirty anyway. Like this thread.

Yeah especially when that GG posts :lol:

I'm a few short of 4000 posts. Is it sad or impressive? Not sure....

Way too low , you need to be posting more...

Im jealous. Its too hot to cook here, even with the a/c on. It's 92F out right now. :crack:

I'm having a peanut butter sandwich as an afternoon snack, with plans to make HUGE salads for dinner later.

Peanut butter sandwich :drool:

Salad sounds divine, we had Irish sausage casserole

Mmmm, ice cream. I wish we had some. Today's a good day for it. :drool:

Oddly enough, just carrying it was enough for me. I've eaten way too much today anyway. And I'm starting to get addicted to chocolate milk and soy milk, so I've certainly had enough dairy product today :lol:

It is effing hot, though. Need to go shower.

Back
Top Bottom