PGP Polygamy Camp: Opening Soon at an Undisclosed Location Near You!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP, hope Sarah does well on her exams. Sending her good luck vibes :zen:

Good morning ladies :wave:

Thanks, I'll let her know. :) She has to write stats. Stats for honours psych was *always* written on the last exam day before holidays at the school, I used to hate that. She's really good at stats, unlike me. I'd have my nose buried in books right up till the exam, and then I'd be left with 3 or 4 days to get ready for Christmas. :angry:

Thanks GG :hug:

What's up?? Did I hear that you got your black belt??
Yeah I got it a week and a few days ago. :dance:
Am doing good, finally being productive for a change. Will put the christmas tree in a good pot soon, we bought it yesterday morning. Though I've been sneezing like a billion times today, no clue what's up. Maybe I should go back on my allergy meds, though I usually don't need them in the winter.

Yeah, it was bad, but I remember it being fun and kind of exciting. After I got home, I was worried about my dad and brother till they got home safely. Then we all just stayed in for days, and rode it out.

There was a story I read yesterday about a pregnant woman stranded on one of those roads who got out of her car, and then her dog, who was in the car, locked her out. :yikes: She got rescued too, fortunately.
For a kid it's much more fun in the snow, no responsibilities and such. Can't imagine what it's like being snowed in!

Yipes, bad dog!
For Zooey:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shifty:
:shifty: ^that.

yeah, i thought too that they were damn lucky! they spent about 24 hours being stuck, rescue missions went too slowly, cause only one truck could approach and took about 4 people on board every time! and there were something like 400 people stuck, i think!

i'm pretty good already, thanks :) i think this whole ranting thing in the "i-hate" thread already got me over from the stupid boss-incident... + i went out for lunch and chilled down!
how are you yourself?
That's a lot of people! Ah well at least they had food and warm drinks to survive on.

:hug: yeah I read that, sometimes people can be so damn stupid. And if you don't understand computers, either learn to use one or don't use them at all. :crack:
I'm good, see above. lol multiquoting is fun.

Thanks, I'll let her know. :) She has to write stats. Stats for honours psych was *always* written on the last exam day before holidays at the school, I used to hate that. She's really good at stats, unlike me. I'd have my nose buried in books right up till the exam, and then I'd be left with 3 or 4 days to get ready for Christmas. :angry:

My calculus exam is on the 24th, till 3 pm. Oh the fun. :wink:

Good luck to Sarah as well. :)

I've never taken a stats class. Sounds painful :wink: :crack:

What's the temperature like there? It's been freezing here for days! Well into the -30's with the windchill.

yeah, forgot - Kristen - congrats on being done with the exams!!! you do have them early! our exam-session here only starts after the Christmas!

After Christmas exams?? That would suck having to worrying about studying over Christmas.

GG, congrats on the black belt! You can kick some ass now :applaud:

Good luck to Sarah as well. :)

Omg, are you serious?? That's brutal! :hug: Although I guess Christmas day isn't that big of a deal where you are? Or am I wrong?

I remember one year, I'd just finished my stats exam, and went back to our office (a small office next to my advisor's office that his RAs used) to get my things. I popped my head into his office to tell him I was leaving and happy holidays and all that, and he very casually said "oh, before you go, can you write 10 pages on your methods section, and get it to me by the 24th?"

OMG, WTFBBQ!!!! I said "um, Scott, it's like 4 days till Christmas, and I have a ton of stuff to do..." He was all "oh, I'm sure you can get it done." :|

I had NO time over the next few days, so I e-mailed him and told him I'd get it into him between Christmas and New Year. He replied "okay, that's fine."

:crack:

I've never taken a stats class. Sounds painful :wink: :crack:

What's the temperature like there? It's been freezing here for days! Well into the -30's with the windchill.

We had to take four stats classes, plus three classes that focused on research methodology rather than statistical methods. :crack: I was never very good at pure stats, had to work my ass off to get very average marks. Sarah glances at the work, and gets sickeningly high marks.

It's been better since late last night, the wind died down a bit. It's been minus in the teens, with windchills around minus low 20s. Right now it's -10, with a windchill of -16. I checked the other day and saw how bad it is where you are. :crack: I suppose that's more normal for you, though?

Omg, are you serious?? That's brutal! :hug: Although I guess Christmas day isn't that big of a deal where you are? Or am I wrong?

I remember one year, I'd just finished my stats exam, and went back to our office (a small office next to my advisor's office that his RAs used) to get my things. I popped my head into his office to tell him I was leaving and happy holidays and all that, and he very casually said "oh, before you go, can you write 10 pages on your methods section, and get it to me by the 24th?"

OMG, WTFBBQ!!!! I said "um, Scott, it's like 4 days till Christmas, and I have a ton of stuff to do..." He was all "oh, I'm sure you can get it done." :|

I had NO time over the next few days, so I e-mailed him and told him I'd get it into him between Christmas and New Year. He replied "okay, that's fine."

We had to take four stats classes, plus three classes that focused on research methodology rather than statistical methods. :crack: I was never very good at pure stats, had to work my ass off to get very average marks. Sarah glances at the work, and gets sickeningly high marks.

It's been better since late last night, the wind died down a bit. It's been minus in the teens, with windchills around minus low 20s. Right now it's -10, with a windchill of -16. I checked the other day and saw how bad it is where you are. :crack: I suppose that's more normal for you, though?

Sarah sounds so smart. Lucky her! :wink:

Yep it's typical weather here for the winter. It doesn't stay like this all winter but we get bad weeks like this and then good weeks of -teens weather. Yes, I consider weather in the -teens good winter weather :lol:

Yeah I got it a week and a few days ago. :dance:
Am doing good, finally being productive for a change. Will put the christmas tree in a good pot soon, we bought it yesterday morning. Though I've been sneezing like a billion times today, no clue what's up. Maybe I should go back on my allergy meds, though I usually don't need them in the winter.

:hug: yeah I read that, sometimes people can be so damn stupid. And if you don't understand computers, either learn to use one or don't use them at all. :crack:
I'm good, see above. lol multiquoting is fun.

thanks :hug: this particular person is stupid, really! i know he pisses everyone off with his "helplessness"..
Sorry for the sneezes! maybe it's just a bit of cold? i have a tendency to sneeze in the mornings! hope it goes away soon!

and a Christmas tree? aww... we usually get ours 2-3 days before Christmas!!! went to the woods the other day and just enjoyed the quietness and lots of snow, local small wildlife (birds and squirrels) and the trees!!! must do it more often!

seriously??? that's like, torture!!! i don't even have to come to work on 24th, not to mention the university! it's the most important day of holidays in here! and you have exam in the middle of the day? painful!!! :hug: good luck though!

After Christmas exams?? That would suck having to worrying about studying over Christmas.

yeah, it kind of does, but before Christmas it would just be way too busy as well! and it's more like exams start right at the beginning of New Year, but still sucks - you need to come out of the festive mood too soon and start studying! I remember that once we had a deadline of a major project right before Christmas. I sent it away minutes before the deadline and next day on Christmas, I was kind of "toast", so tired and mentally exhausted! of course it paid off too... i got a pretty good grade :)

Sarah sounds so smart. Lucky her! :wink:

Yep it's typical weather here for the winter. It doesn't stay like this all winter but we get bad weeks like this and then good weeks of -teens weather. Yes, I consider weather in the -teens good winter weather :lol:

She's good at everything academic, except for organizing her time so she can get things done by the due date without freaking out. :lol: I like to think having my DNA has something to do with it. :wink:

Yeah, it's all relative, according to what you're used to, I guess. I remember in the summer when you guys were talking about how hot it was up there, and down here, that practically would have been jacket weather. :lol:

GG!!! I can't even remember if I congratulated you on your black belt, but if not, belated congratulations, that's awesome! :hug:

Well I don't get presents but Christmas is still special. it's family time! They fucked us out of the usual 2 week christmas holiday this year because christmas-NY is one week, both in weekend. :| So they decided to tack on another week to the already ridiculously long summer holiday and take it off Christmas break. That one week of holidays after Christmas will be the ONLY holiday I have till summer. Bloody ridiculous!

Stats exams don't sound like fun. :crack: And wtf with that advisor, that's ridiculous. Everyone knows that the week before christmas is the busiest there is. I usually work the entire week, but now I can only do this weekend because of the exams. I'll likely work boxing day though. And the week before New year's, as that's a busy one as well.

Sounds like Sarah's got a good feeling for stats. Lucky girl!

Ah -16 is rather cold. It's about -5 tops here.

She's good at everything academic, except for organizing her time so she can get things done by the due date without freaking out. :lol: I like to think having my DNA has something to do with it. :wink:

Yeah, it's all relative, according to what you're used to, I guess. I remember in the summer when you guys were talking about how hot it was up there, and down here, that practically would have been jacket weather. :lol:

GG!!! I can't even remember if I congratulated you on your black belt, but if not, belated congratulations, that's awesome! :hug:

Yeah don't you get brutal humidity down there?? I remember being there in July this year and Drea was telling me you were supposed to get in the 40's a few days after I left :crack:

thanks :hug: this particular person is stupid, really! i know he pisses everyone off with his "helplessness"..
Sorry for the sneezes! maybe it's just a bit of cold? i have a tendency to sneeze in the mornings! hope it goes away soon!

and a Christmas tree? aww... we usually get ours 2-3 days before Christmas!!! went to the woods the other day and just enjoyed the quietness and lots of snow, local small wildlife (birds and squirrels) and the trees!!! must do it more often!

seriously??? that's like, torture!!! i don't even have to come to work on 24th, not to mention the university! it's the most important day of holidays in here! and you have exam in the middle of the day? painful!!! :hug: good luck though!

yeah, it kind of does, but before Christmas it would just be way too busy as well! and it's more like exams start right at the beginning of New Year, but still sucks - you need to come out of the festive mood too soon and start studying! I remember that once we had a deadline of a major project right before Christmas. I sent it away minutes before the deadline and next day on Christmas, I was kind of "toast", so tired and mentally exhausted! of course it paid off too... i got a pretty good grade :)
Perhaps try to subtly let him know that he could use some lessons in computer use?

:love: You get your christmas tree from the forest? That's awesome. Here it's custom to get one after our Sinterklaas fest at december 5. Usually the weekend after people put up their trees, we didn't have time in the weekend so got it yesterday. There weren't that many left though, but we got a pretty one. Bit small but that's okay.

Yep, no joke. And it was from 3 till 6 PM before we massively complained and had it put back on an earlier hour. Seriously 6pm christmas night? people want to go home at that time and perhaps to to church. It's fucking ridiculous.
Hope your exams will go well. :hug:

Wow she sounds really smart. Lucky girl!
:uhoh: Organizing time? Wut? No comprendo!

I think you did sometime last week. :D Thanks again either way.

Well I don't get presents but Christmas is still special. it's family time! They fucked us out of the usual 2 week christmas holiday this year because christmas-NY is one week, both in weekend. :| So they decided to tack on another week to the already ridiculously long summer holiday and take it off Christmas break. That one week of holidays after Christmas will be the ONLY holiday I have till summer. Bloody ridiculous!

Stats exams don't sound like fun. :crack: And wtf with that advisor, that's ridiculous. Everyone knows that the week before christmas is the busiest there is. I usually work the entire week, but now I can only do this weekend because of the exams. I'll likely work boxing day though. And the week before New year's, as that's a busy one as well.

Sounds like Sarah's got a good feeling for stats. Lucky girl!

Ah -16 is rather cold. It's about -5 tops here.

At university here, when you get out all depends on your exam schedule. Kristen was done a week before Sarah will be. UW is one of the latest with their schedule, I think, and for honours psych students, the stats exam is always on the last day, some students get finished way earlier than that. But then they start school in Sept a week later than many other schools do. Their distance ed exams are scheduled much earlier, though. They're always the first weekend after the first full week of December, so that was nice for my first two years of school.

Yeah don't you get brutal humidity down there?? I remember being there in July this year and Drea was telling me you were supposed to get in the 40's a few days after I left :crack:

Yeah, mid to high 30s is pretty normal. Into the 40s is extreme, but it does get that high sometimes.

At university here, when you get out all depends on your exam schedule. Kristen was done a week before Sarah will be. UW is one of the latest with their schedule, I think, and for honours psych students, the stats exam is always on the last day, some students get finished way earlier than that. But then they start school in Sept a week later than many other schools do. Their distance ed exams are scheduled much earlier, though. They're always the first weekend after the first full week of December, so that was nice for my first two years of school.

Yeah, mid to high 30s is pretty normal. Into the 40s is extreme, but it does get that high sometimes.

Ah here the holidays are usually set for all holidays, though in the south of the country they have a week off for carnival. Usually it's the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's, yet this year they're in the same week(well weekend). And summer is july-august. Week of september 1 it starts again.
It's nice to have exams a bit earlier, I'm not looking forward to next week. :crack: it'll be busy.

hah, i always think that i have plenty of time to do this and this and i will start with everything early, but in the end, everything always gets ready on the last minute! apparently time flies too fast :lol:

yeah, good luck to Sarah from me as well!

Perhaps try to subtly let him know that he could use some lessons in computer use?

:love: You get your christmas tree from the forest? That's awesome. Here it's custom to get one after our Sinterklaas fest at december 5. Usually the weekend after people put up their trees, we didn't have time in the weekend so got it yesterday. There weren't that many left though, but we got a pretty one. Bit small but that's okay.

Yep, no joke. And it was from 3 till 6 PM before we massively complained and had it put back on an earlier hour. Seriously 6pm christmas night? people want to go home at that time and perhaps to to church. It's fucking ridiculous.
Hope your exams will go well. :hug:

hah, I think he wouldn't understand... but sorrily he has to be behind the comp - it's he's project and he is in command! we are just tools...

yep, we can also get trees from the woods... Some State Forest Center or something like that allows it, but they have marked the trees that you can take - those that are a bit weaker or in the way... Which is good, because there's absolutely NO reason to take down beautiful, fully healthy trees!!!
but you can also buy trees from some special tree-selling centers opened around Christmas around the biggest supermarkets...

oh no - til 6 o'clock? mad people!! is it the only chance to do the exam? here we are usually given 3 different times for exams and you pick the one that is the most suitable for you!
this time I actually have so little exams to make! luckily! but still need to study! i'm super-glad i submitted my essay a month before the deadline! they had changed the date, but i happened to be absent from this lecture where they changed it, so I knew nothing and did it for the old date! so I'm all good :) no worries before Christmas!

Sounds cool to get one from the woods, and you could just bring it back after christmas to replant it. :hmm:

Well it's now till 3, so that's better. There's only one chance to do it, or redo it two months later.]

I'll bbl, gonna do the christmas tree now. ;)

Wow she sounds really smart. Lucky girl!
:uhoh: Organizing time? Wut? No comprendo!

I think you did sometime last week. :D Thanks again either way.

I think she gets that from me, too. :reject: I honestly seem to work best under pressure.

Ah here the holidays are usually set for all holidays, though in the south of the country they have a week off for carnival. Usually it's the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's, yet this year they're in the same week(well weekend). And summer is july-august. Week of september 1 it starts again.
It's nice to have exams a bit earlier, I'm not looking forward to next week. :crack: it'll be busy.

Do you only get one week for exams? Here, we get two. For example, this term, classes finished on the 6th, and exams are running from the 9th till the 22nd.

yeah, good luck to Sarah from me as well!

Thanks!

I think she gets that from me, too. :reject: I honestly seem to work best under pressure.

Do you only get one week for exams? Here, we get two. For example, this term, classes finished on the 6th, and exams are running from the 9th till the 22nd.

Thanks!

Not a bad trait. I only work under pressure usually. :lol:

Yeah, it's always one week, monday to friday.

Yeah, sorry I haven't been around much lately. :hug: And now I have to head out, but I'll try to get back on later.

I hear that Montreal and Toronto are possibilities for you. So exciting to hear that, hope you can make it work! :hyper:

I'm in and out all day too :giggle: (that makes me miss Wild)

TO is def not int he cards but Montreal just might be, esp since there are GAs still available, which I find hard to believe.

The one bummer about cuttting out Oakland and Chicago to do Montreal is that way my 360 shows were spread out. But this way, I'd get back to back shows in Anaheim and back to back shows in Montreal and that's it. That sounds spoiled and selfish, but def something to consider.

Now that I finally realized I do have a few pairs of jeans that will fit into my tall boots, I want to wear nothing else but outfits with boots over my jeans.

/late to the trend, as usual.

Now that I finally realized I do have a few pairs of jeans that will fit into my tall boots, I want to wear nothing else but outfits with boots over my jeans.

/late to the trend, as usual.

I can't find jeans that are tight enough around the calves/ankles to do that, but that are loose enough around the butt/thighs that I'm comfortable. I'm considering sewing the bottom half of the leg of a pair of my jeans in, so that they'll fit into the one really great pair of tall boots that I have.

Back
Top Bottom