PGP - plannng our 2011 road trip!!! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:16 PM
So Farrah didn't leave Maine until late tonight. We're not going to meet her until tomorrow morning.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #202
ONE
love, blood, life

Well girls, I am off to Winnipeg for the weekend! I am going to see my other favourite band!

Bon Jovi better look out~

Talk to ya again Sunday night! Have a great weekend!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:16 PM
^ Tell John I said hello (or is that Jon?)
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Hello from Montreal. Yesterday was pretty eventful. I missed me connecting flight from toronto to montral because my thunder bay one was late getting in. Had to take the next flight out so Liz was waiting for me for almost another two hours. Then val got lost downtown in her car and me and liz tried to find her for an hour. We finally did in a parking lot next to the Bell Center.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
yeah, def they do.

but I forgot to say-- when i say pine trees I tend to lumps all coniferous trees ( trees with needles or scales) in the term "pine" trees.

SO i guess I should have said Coniferous trees!
Mmm, gymnosperms.

</flashback to biology class at school>
Old 07-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenCaNaDiAn View Post
Hello from Montreal. Yesterday was pretty eventful. I missed me connecting flight from toronto to montral because my thunder bay one was late getting in. Had to take the next flight out so Liz was waiting for me for almost another two hours. Then val got lost downtown in her car and me and liz tried to find her for an hour. We finally did in a parking lot next to the Bell Center.
Sounds like quite the adventure! Hope everything goes well from now on
Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #207
Blue Crack Supplier

I'll leave a and a for SG... Mercy sounds adorable!

Zooey - continued crossed fingers and stuff from me for your application. :fingerscrossed: They should be tripping over themselves to take you on.

I have to find two character witnesses for the UK citizenship thing...
I's a good girl. Honest!

I'm tired... and suddenly my To Do list got massive. I need to do my tax return, check my payslips online from the last 6 months cos I haven't looked at them and have been happily ignoring baffling fluctuations in my pay (although maybe I should do that before the tax return...), get my car its 100,000km service, try to get the UK consulate on the phone to make sure I have all the rights bits of paper for my citizenship application, then send the thing off (with $900, ow), figure out where I'm going to live because our share house is breaking up in about a month (one housemate very pregnant and going to move in with fiance, other two housemates engaged to one another and will be moving in with relatives so they can save money for wedding, no hard feelings), then move there, and somewhere along the line, catch up with a pile of old emails, move offices at work, and worry about my father's worsening dementia and my brother's sudden uncommunicativeness. And stay relatively sane, but who wants to do that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled party.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier

And Amy - have an awesome time at Bon Jovi! I knew a girl at school who was MASSIVE fan, back in the '90s.

"The '90s" doesn't feel like it should have been as long ago as it was. If that makes any sense.

PS: 1984 is a very depressing book.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Sorry you had so much stress, but glad you finally all got there and found each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post

Zooey - continued crossed fingers and stuff from me for your application. :fingerscrossed: They should be tripping over themselves to take you on.

I have to find two character witnesses for the UK citizenship thing...
I's a good girl. Honest! :angel :

I'm tired... and suddenly my To Do list got massive. I need to do my tax return, check my payslips online from the last 6 months cos I haven't looked at them and have been happily ignoring baffling fluctuations in my pay (although maybe I should do that before the tax return...), get my car its 100,000km service, try to get the UK consulate on the phone to make sure I have all the rights bits of paper for my citizenship application, then send the thing off (with $900, ow), figure out where I'm going to live because our share house is breaking up in about a month (one housemate very pregnant and going to move in with fiance, other two housemates engaged to one another and will be moving in with relatives so they can save money for wedding, no hard feelings), then move there, and somewhere along the line, catch up with a pile of old emails, move offices at work, and worry about my father's worsening dementia and my brother's sudden uncommunicativeness. And stay relatively sane, but who wants to do that.

Wow, that's a lot on your plate!

I didn't know about your dad. If you'd like to vent or exchange parental dementia notes or whatever, I'm just a PM away.

I'd like to second the statement about Zooey's application. I'm so distracted these days, that I seem to forget to reply to half the stuff on here that I intend to. So, good luck Zooey, they'd be crazy not to accept you.

Quote:

"The '90s" doesn't like it should have been as long ago as it was. If that makes any sense.
I know!! When I think about things in the 90s, it seems like they only happened two weeks ago. A sign of age, I guess.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Soooooo we're meeting Farrah in 20 minutes!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Puppytime!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancoke71 View Post
Well girls, I am off to Winnipeg for the weekend! I am going to see my other favourite band!: hyper:

Bon Jovi better look out~: wink:

Talk to ya again Sunday night! Have a great weekend!: hug:
Hope you have a fabulous time!

Quote:
Glad you're finally there, and hopefully the rest of your trip won't be as eventful!

Quote:

Wow - that's a lot to deal with. And it's $900 for your citizenship application?! Yowch. I don't remember what it cost when my brother and I became American citizens, but we did have to have lawyers and stuff, because although it should have been a very simple process (Mom is from the US, she moved to Canada when she met my Dad), it ended up getting kinda complicated because of missing paperwork and other ridiculousness on the part of the US government. My parents paid for it all since we were just kids at the time, so for all I know it could have easily been that much or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
Yayyy!

This is my last day of work before vacation.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Wow, that's a lot on your plate!

I didn't know about your dad. If you'd like to vent or exchange parental dementia notes or whatever, I'm just a PM away.
Ta... I hadn't said anything before, kind of hard to know how to bring it up. And up until a few weeks ago, it hadn't really hit me properly. I might drop you a line tomorrow.

Quote:
[...] I'm so distracted these days, that I seem to forget to reply to half the stuff on here that I intend to.
I'm the same way...

Quote:
I know!! When I think about things in the 90s, it seems like they only happened two weeks ago. A sign of age, I guess.
Yeah, it's funny how subjective time is sort of sharply divided into "stuff I can't remember or happened before I was born and is therefore ancient history", and "stuff I remember happening so it must have been quite recent".
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #214
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
Can't wait to see pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post

This is my last day of work before vacation.
Awesome! When are you leaving for your parents' place?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #215
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Ta... I hadn't said anything before, kind of hard to know how to bring it up. And up until a few weeks ago, it hadn't really hit me properly. I might drop you a line tomorrow.
It's a huuuuge mental and emotional thing to come to terms with. I sincerely mean it, I'm here anytime you need anything. In the meantime, take care of yourself.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but we were just remarking the other day how my mom seems to have fewer bad days lately. The decline is still very apparent, even on her best days, but she seems to be holding her own with the meds she's currently on. In my experience, it feels hopeless sometimes, but you get to the point where you realize things could be much worse.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Awesome! When are you leaving for your parents' place?
I have to be on the ferry at a specific time on Sunday morning. I'm hoping to find a place to crash downtown tomorrow night, as I'm going to a dinner out that way tomorrow. My parents live further west than downtown, so it would be nice if I didn't have to drive all the way east to my home tomorrow night (I live in a suburb 40 mins away from the downtown area) after my evening is over, only to have to come out that exact way again the next morning. So far I'm hitting a dead end, but I have two more possibilities that I'm going to call today. Hopefully something will work out!

So that long convoluted answer was all to say, maybe I'll be heading out tomorrow, but if I can't find a place to stay, then I'm leaving at the butt crack of dawn on Sunday morning.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #217
Blue Crack Supplier

Where did my manners go... Hi VP and DG and Thora
Old 07-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #218
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't know where your manners went. Hola!

I'm actually headed off now. I've been sitting in front of my computer in my PJ's, of course getting distracted as always. Still have to get dressed and decent looking for the day, grab breakky and make lunch, and get to work - all within less than an hour. Whoops. I think I'm gonna be late again.

I'm sure you'll be gone by the time I can get to my work computer, so have a good night!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #219
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And it's $900 for your citizenship application?! Yowch. I don't remember what it cost when my brother and I became American citizens, but we did have to have lawyers and stuff, because although it should have been a very simple process (Mom is from the US, she moved to Canada when she met my Dad), it ended up getting kinda complicated because of missing paperwork and other ridiculousness on the part of the US government. My parents paid for it all since we were just kids at the time, so for all I know it could have easily been that much or more.

That was the fee when I was first researching this a couple of years ago... I wouldn't put it past them to have put it up by now! And I'll have to apply for a UK passport if I do get citizenship, another $200 or so. I suppose they have to find some way of discouraging people and making a buck at the same time.

I don't know what the fees are for the various other ways you can get citizenship/a visa/residency; in my case it's through my mother, who was born in the UK.

Quote:
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but we were just remarking the other day how my mom seems to have fewer bad days lately. The decline is still very apparent, even on her best days, but she seems to be holding her own with the meds she's currently on. In my experience, it feels hopeless sometimes, but you get to the point where you realize things could be much worse.
I'm not living with my parents, so it's mostly my mother I feel for... she's younger than dad and has to deal with him every day. But anyway... details are for later.

Ta again.

Quote:
So that long convoluted answer was all to say, maybe I'll be heading out tomorrow, but if I can't find a place to stay, then I'm leaving at the butt crack of dawn on Sunday morning.
I hope you can find some crash space! Getting up at arse crack of dawn is no fun at all, even for holidays.

You'll have an awesome time though!

I need to get some sleep, I was going to get to bed early tonight... haha.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I have to be on the ferry at a specific time on Sunday morning. I'm hoping to find a place to crash downtown tomorrow night, as I'm going to a dinner out that way tomorrow. My parents live further west than downtown, so it would be nice if I didn't have to drive all the way east to my home tomorrow night (I live in a suburb 40 mins away from the downtown area) after my evening is over, only to have to come out that exact way again the next morning. So far I'm hitting a dead end, but I have two more possibilities that I'm going to call today. Hopefully something will work out!

Hope something works out so that you don't have to do all the extra driving!

I'm headed out to run a few errands and pop in on my mom for a bit, before it gets too hot. It's been bad the past few days - not surface-of-the-sun hot like it was a week or so ago, but hot enough to be quite uncomfortable out there. See you all later.

Deeg, hope there will be puppy pics when I get back.

Tags
bus, chicago, jerome, montreal, philly, plane, row row row ya boat, seattle, toronto, train, u2 wd40 tour