PGP: OMG that was better than ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... a coffee ice cream and chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting with blue roses. :drool: which I am going to go eat right now... that was :heart:

BonoGlastonbury6-24-2011.png

YOU GUYS, I may have just had an airfare breakthrough... I found a flight from here to Chicago on the 6th for $99. Chicago is a MAJOR hub, so if I can just get from there to Montreal or Vermont or SOMETHING, I'm set! (And then I'll worry about the trip back!)

Is there a link to the interview? I had to go be a mom when that went down.

And I am a reading things right, are Bonocomet and Bono Mot coming to Moncton?

I seriously think if we ever get 40, it will be there.

Is there a link to the interview? I had to go be a mom when that went down.

And I am a reading things right, are Bonocomet and Bono Mot coming to Moncton?

I seriously think if we ever get 40, it will be there.

We're letting the thought entertain our brains for a moment here. I SWEAR I am up for it. Don't even know if you can get tickets anymore tho. :lol:

But I kind of lost it watching Glastonbury tonight, sobbed my eyes out. :reject:

I need some tequila like now. I'll be back.

Sending good ticket vibes to MTE! :hug: Hope you find something that works!

I'm going to be looking for the interview too, now that I'm home. :) Didn't get a chance to see it yet.

I read an article where the promoters were saying they expected 100,000, and that there were 30,000 seated tickets. So .... uh .... yeah. Do THAT math.

That made me go :crack: a little bit. I can't even imagine what that place is going to look like.

From a diagram of the stage area, it looks like all the actual seats are on the sides.

I read an article where the promoters were saying they expected 100,000, and that there were 30,000 seated tickets. So .... uh .... yeah. Do THAT math.

That made me go :crack: a little bit. I can't even imagine what that place is going to look like.

From a diagram of the stage area, it looks like all the actual seats are on the sides.

I keep trying to tell myself that it will just be an experience to be there. So many are coming far and wide for one love and that's going to be pretty damn spiritual.

When I was asking on FB for tickets, someone said that you could actually find them still on Ticketmaster. I didn't check myself, but it's worth a shot!

Lodging is the actual issue. Sounds like at this point it's camping or nothing.

I keep trying to tell myself that it will just be an experience to be there. So many are coming far and wide for one love and that's going to be pretty damn spiritual.

Exactly. I'll get there early enough to see what's going on - maybe I'll line up for a chance to be close, maybe I'll skip the whole shebang and just be happy to be there. I have some friends going who are usual "back of the field" GAers, and would be thrilled to watch with them.

I need to investigate - I'm assuming this is the kind of outdoor ampitheater where there's flat ground space at the front, and then hopefully grassy hills or terraced grassy layers further back? I keep envisioning the other outdoor ampitheaters I've been to (The Gorge in WA, Alpine Valley in WI).

Or staying 2 hours away. I don't know if those hotels are all sold out as well.

Is there video of Fly or MW? I've seen some video for the other songs.

Holy shit guys, you've been busy! :ohmy:

Grace, found a link for you earlier, I'll have to find it again.

Didn't get home till 6-ish, stayed at work to catch up a bit, ended up being distracted by coworkers and my supervisor gathering at my desk for a gab session :lol: and then stopped for wine and a few groceries on the way home. TOTALLY forgot about the show tonight! :| But I did manage to catch about the last 6 or 7 songs. OMGWTFBBQ, was the rest as amazing as what I saw?? OOC kicked so much ass, what a way to end it! Then it took me hours to catch up on Twitter. Early reports seem to indicate the show was a huge success, correct? Is that what you're all getting? And then I see I have a bazillion pages to catch up on in the old thread. :lol: Anyway, yeah, my U2 excitement has been awoken in a major way. :drool: I'm actually about to put the Rosebowl dvd on.

I NEED the Glastonbury dvd!! Sadly, my burner seems to have crapped out a few weeks ago. :( So, I'll have to download it when it appears, and wait for Sarah to come home next weekend, and burn it on her computer.

When I was asking on FB for tickets, someone said that you could actually find them still on Ticketmaster. I didn't check myself, but it's worth a shot!

Lodging is the actual issue. Sounds like at this point it's camping or nothing.

This is what I'm afraid of. Damned lodging. :|

But like GR said, I'm thinking the emotional experience of being there is going to make it all worth it.

Exactly. I'll get there early enough to see what's going on - maybe I'll line up for a chance to be close, maybe I'll skip the whole shebang and just be happy to be there. I have some friends going who are usual "back of the field" GAers, and would be thrilled to watch with them.

I need to investigate - I'm assuming this is the kind of outdoor ampitheater where there's flat ground space at the front, and then hopefully grassy hills or terraced grassy layers further back? I keep envisioning the other outdoor ampitheaters I've been to (The Gorge in WA, Alpine Valley in WI).

I heard it's fairgrounds. So I think it will similar to Montreal where they bring in stands and set them up. I went to the camp site that was posted in Moncton site and clicked on the visual of the area. I will be buying a parking pass there. I'm effing around. I want to know if I roll in at 5-7am, I have a place to park.

I will totally expect you to look like tour avatar when I meet you. :lol:

I will totally expect you to look like tour avatar when I meet you. :lol:

:lol: I get that a lot. Maybe I should get it printed on a tee shirt?

The only video of the Fly I've seen so far is apparently from someone who just filmed it off their TV! ha ha.

But heck, that would be stress-free, and at least you'd BE there. If you can't find GAs, that is.

Maybe check to see if there are still camping spots available? Or look for available hotels a few hours away - a tough drive after a show, but still. I'm going to sleep in my car (although I have a camping pass, so I can 'legally' park to crash in the backseat).

But heck, that would be stress-free, and at least you'd BE there. If you can't find GAs, that is.

Maybe check to see if there are still camping spots available? Or look for available hotels a few hours away - a tough drive after a show, but still. I'm going to sleep in my car (although I have a camping pass, so I can 'legally' park to crash in the backseat).

That's what I was thinking too. i've made long ass drives home after long days. *cough Rosebowl... got home at 4am :crack:*

I didn't get my passport for nuthin'. I want to do this. :scream:

Check flights as well before making decisions. That part was painful. Flying into a nearby Canadian city was ridiculous, but Portland, ME and Boston were more reasonable (although involve a lot of driving).

Portland is 2 hours closer, but it involved a one-stop flight, and for a red-eye, I decided to pay more for direct into Boston, so I could sleep (ha ha) without having to stop in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I don't know 100%.

I got conflicting info from Budget - the website said you could take the car to Canada, you just had to let them know ahead of time. I called to confirm, and the guy told me I had to buy separate insurance (which they didn't sell). I called again today, and was told the web info is correct.

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom