PGP: OMG that was better than ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll definitely be crying at the end of Montreal 2, for sure.

Aww, that's so cool! That's going to be an amazing night for you guys. :)

Yeah, I'll probably spend more time watching my son's reactions than watching the show. But it's okay because Mr CK and I will be in Pittsburgh as well (no little CK at that show).

Aw. :hug: Walk On is an amazing song. I've always said that ATYCLB is my go to comfort album, it feels like a giant hug. :)

That's cool. :) For me, I love pretty much all of their catalogue, except for a couple on the back end of ATYCLB. the others I don't care for that much are simply a result of being vastly overplayed (by me! They're great songs, and it's my fault for being overexposed!) and BD is one of those. But those songs sort of shift in and out of the "overplayed" category for me. In '09, while the crowd was going crazy for BD, I used it as my bathroom break song. :lol: Then in March, the day I interviewed for my current job, I had such a great feeling about it. Left the interview on a super high, went home for an hour, and then went to a store to buy thank you cards for the people who interviewed me. Wrote them out in the parking lot, then went back to the place to drop them off. On the way there, I heard BD, and felt like I was SOARING. Went home, and an hour later, they called to hire me.

My point? it's just weird the associations U2 songs can have for us, and how they can fall in and out of favour in the blink of an eye.

YES - it's TOTALLY like a giant, comforting hug. I'd listen to Walk On and cry myself to sleep every night, but that song was like a big bear hug to me, and it got me through the really shitty time.

And that's awesome about the BD coincidence with your job. :)

PM, comet. :shifty:

Got it. :up: writing back :)

THAT it is. I'll have to go screencapping later. Someone may need to remind the songs where Bono seemed particularly joyous. :shifty:

He WAS particularly joyous at times wasn't he? :shifty: There was one time near the end I think that he most fantastically joyous! I can't remember if it was MOS, might be... :hmm:

YES - it's TOTALLY like a giant, comforting hug. I'd listen to Walk On and cry myself to sleep every night, but that song was like a big bear hug to me, and it got me through the really shitty time.

And that's awesome about the BD coincidence with your job. :)

Whenever I think of Walk On now, all I can think of is last year when Sarah broke her leg, and trying to take her mind off it a day or two after. She said she'd like to listen to U2, and I was trying to think of something comforting, and suggested Walk On without thinking. Walk On. For someone with a broken leg. She looked at me like this at first: :| and then we nearly peed ourselves laughing. :lmao:

Whenever I think of Walk On now, all I can think of is last year when Sarah broke her leg, and trying to take her mind off it a day or two after. She said she'd like to listen to U2, and I was trying to think of something comforting, and suggested Walk On without thinking. Walk On. For someone with a broken leg. She looked at me like this at first: :| and then we nearly peed ourselves laughing. :lmao:

:laugh: Oh my god, that's awesome! Love it!

Got it. :up: writing back :)

He WAS particularly joyous at times wasn't he? :shifty: There was one time near the end I think that he most fantastically joyous! I can't remember if it was MOS, might be... :hmm:

It has not turned up yet. Someone keeps uploading HD versions so hopefully I will capture a joyous moment or 2.

Omg. :lol:

I've got a good injury story. Last year, MI was supposed to be 6/30, right? Well of course Bono's back injury cancelled all that.

So my son was bouncing around on a chair (when I'd told him more than once not to, he'd get hurt), and OF COURSE he not only fell, but landed on a metal floorboard heating vent. And sliced his back open between his right shoulder and the middle of his back. ON JUNE 30TH. THE DAY WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN U2. I ended up in the ER with him and while he was getting stitched up, I spent the entire time telling him he had to "be brave like Bono" because B had just recently been hurt. What are the odds, right?

The nurses all looked at me strangely but hey, anything to quiet a crying and scared child. And it worked. My son held as still as he could, trying to "be like Bono".

If they ever play full band Discotheque (though I'm really really happy to have at least heard the long snippet of it in CT my four shows so far) they will hear me all the way over in Dublin :lol:

(I still may be a little bitter about them playing in AT THE ONLY TO SHOW I COULDN'T MAKE in 2005, though at least I heard them rehearsing it multiple times between TO1 and 2... Remember VP? Also remember how no one really believed us until TO4? :lol: If only I'd had my blackberry back then... ;))

If they ever play full band Discotheque (though I'm really really happy to have at least heard the long snippet of it in CT my four shows so far) they will hear me all the way over in Dublin :lol:

(I still may be a little bitter about them playing in AT THE ONLY TO SHOW I COULDN'T MAKE in 2005, though at least I heard them rehearsing it multiple times between TO1 and 2... Remember VP? Also remember how no one really believed us until TO4? :lol: If only I'd had my blackberry back then... ;))

Full-band Discotheque...I'd pass out on the spot. I'm already super psyched to get a snippet of it. We got the "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" snippet when I saw them in Tampa in '09.

Please would reduce me to tears. I would the only one crying and having a full blown When Harry Met Sally orgasm in the stadium/makeshift fairground.

270074_176581635734380_166820623377148_445678_2199026_n.jpg

HOLY SHIT.

I cried a little bit when Streets started at my first Vertigo show. I hadn't seen them since 1997 (yeah, I missed Elevation entirely. Don't ask.), and while at first, the show kind of felt like I was removed from it a bit, it finally hit me during Sometimes You Can't Make It that I was actually THERE, watching a U2 concert, not just watching something on TV. And then it was pretty amazing from there.

I expect I might get a little emotional at Moncton. Especially if I'm overly tired. :wink:

I wish they were filming a new DVD since there have been so many changes.

Thank god for the amazing bootlegs these days.

HOLY SHIT.

I cried a little bit when Streets started at my first Vertigo show. I hadn't seen them since 1997 (yeah, I missed Elevation entirely. Don't ask.), and while at first, the show kind of felt like I was removed from it a bit, it finally hit me during Sometimes You Can't Make It that I was actually THERE, watching a U2 concert, not just watching something on TV. And then it was pretty amazing from there.

I expect I might get a little emotional at Moncton. Especially if I'm overly tired. :wink:

I wish they were filming a new DVD since there have been so many changes.

Thank god for the amazing bootlegs these days.

Yeah a new DVD would be amazing. :drool::drool::drool:
I'm pretty excited about the AB/Zoo remasters getting closer to a release. My wallet isnt, but I am! :lol:

I know!!! Remember I sent Axver a PM about it from that net cafe? Then when I got home, I read the thread and a few people were all "it was totally just the crew!!111" OMG, I think I can tell the difference between the crew and the band! For example, I don't think Bono sings for the crew... :lol: But that last TO show vindicated me, so I win. :up: :wink:

I would totally not be opposed to another 360 Tour dvd either. The leather should also be immortalized. :drool:
I think it could happen. I beLIEve. :shifty:

I'm really pissed off at my OLD stoopid body right now. After a pretty fantastic day I just about an hour ago got up to do something and suddenly threw my back out, or something, I think it's more of a muscle cramp thing. I get it once in a while for no reason at all and it's horrible. I could barely breathe and hardly move. :( But I took a valium :lol: a little bit ago and I think it's helping. :shifty:

I'm cathcing up!:lol:

Well, I missed all of Glastonbury.:sad: Family commitments. Hi VP and Zooey. Goodnight Grace!:hug:

Okay all, I'm going to bed. I was trying to figure out what song Bono took off his glasses. I can't remember. :doh:

Gah that was a nice moment. We needs it preshus. :love:

I'm sorry I didn't get your PM to you tonight. :( My back threw me a loop and I had a bunch of stuff going on. It will be there when you wake up tho :sexywink:

Comet :hug: that sucks. :( My back sucks all the time, but last weekend I did some mild yard work, felt something pull, and I was in agony for two days, had to take a heating pad to work. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom