PGP....oh, we look so beautiful tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey said:

:giggle:

We even have a street race with them......:shifty: We're not really weird here in NZ!!!

So, they're little candies? sort of like M&M's or Reeses Pieces or something?

and in this race, you roll them down the street? :lol:

cuz when you say Lolly I think of hard candy on a stick

Sad_Girl said:

So, they're little candies? sort of like M&M's or Reeses Pieces or something?

and in this race, you roll them down the street? :lol:

cuz when you say Lolly I think of hard candy on a stick

:lol: Yeah I guess you would call them candies....to us any sweets are just lollies.....we don't call them candy.

here's a link showing our dedication to the annual street race.....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTZF0KbC1BU&mode=related&search=

P.S.....Jaffa = the lolly
Jafa = our nickname for anyone from Auckland (Just Another F@#kin Aucklander :shifty:)

it's funny how we all speak English, but some words are so different

like the difference between my idea of what 'Biscuits' are - TOTALLY diffferent from what a 'Biscuit' is in England :lol:

love2bmama said:
speaking of Ali, isn't it wakey-wakey time in Oz yet? :waiting:

:wink:

Well Oz is about 2+ hrs behind NZ (depending on what part of OZ you're in)....so yep, she should be well and truly awake because it's 1.17pm here :D

Sad_Girl said:
it's funny how we all speak English, but some words are so different

like the difference between my idea of what 'Biscuits' are - TOTALLY diffferent from what a 'Biscuit' is in England :lol:

And chips has totally different meanings too!! Chips for us are hot chips AND what I understand you call crisps.....

love2bmama said:
I used to read British books as a child and I could never figure out why the kids in the books would each chocolate biscuits :barf:

makes more sense now that I know they are cookies!

So what are biscuits to you??

It's like yesterday when Mot was talking about Grit....that's bird roughage over here!!! :giggle:

Hi Gluey, darling :hug:

Drea said:
Does the Stampede start this weekend?
Yep! This city is packed and it looks like it's gonna be one big party for the next 10 days :crack: Now I *definitely* know I'm out west :giggle: :uhoh: :clingstoCNTower:

love2bmama said:

what they call crisps in England we call chips, what they call chips we call fries, lol. What are hot chips?

this is fascinating...

Ahh so it's the English that call them crisps!

Hot chips must be the same as your fries then.....(Thinking of McDonalds asking "Would you like fries with that?" :giggle: )

Sad_Girl said:
Biscuits are a sort-of doughy bread, usually eaten with a salty gravy; either chicken gravy or Sausage

:eyebrow: Flat like bread or like rolls? Or maybe scones?

This is really intriguing!!!

If ever I visit the States I have to make sure I know what I'm ordering!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom