PGP: Off with the horns, on with the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that it's an afterparty. Silliness over polish seems kind of built into the occasion, and I think the odds of some intoxication are very high. Plus I think it looks like B&E are silly with happiness to be playing together for an audience again.

Yeah, true.

The anticipation of the album and tour are starting to kick in good time right now. I just don't want to go to a tour were Bono's voice will be off and him forgetting so much lines. I'm just worried about that whenever a video pops up where he is so constantly "OOPS missed that note, and that one, and that one."

But yeah, he also said too many times that they are the worst cover band ever. So there's ya proof.
Edge saves his ass so much :cute: I'm super glad they where playing together , and they obviously where having fun with Nile and the band. :up:
Right about that.

Hi all! :wave:
I'm getting pretty excited about upcoming tour stuff too. I just got done chasing the Radiohead singer's side project around but my concert-going itch still hasn't been scratched honestly. I haven't seen U2 in forever. :(

:wave:

I envy your money-saving abilities. :bow:

Also, :cute: about the tradition! I love it!

Aww, thank you. :cute: I've clipped coupons pretty much my entire adult life (I grew up watching my mom clip 'em), but really started to use it as a form of payment after moving back up here to OH and going from a wee apartment to our duplex. I was getting ready to put the boy into pre-K at the time and was looking for ANYTHING that would help me stretch dollars. I found couponing/stockpiling and havent looked back. I tell people that it's like a part time job. Because really, to sit and find deals, match up the coupons, and keep everything organized IS time consuming. But having a pile of goods that cost me practically nothing is an amazing feeling, not to mention having a stockpile in my basement as well as a full pantry. :heart:

And the PJ tradition was my sister's idea, and the kids have fallen in love with it over the years. I found ADORABLE red plaid pjs for the boys over the weekend (LilCK and my 4 yr old nephew) that are so reminiscent of Kevin McCallister (Home Alone). As that's a favorite all the way around, it'll be a HUGE hit for them. Gotta find something cute for Lil'Miss though.

And I am oh-so-ready for new album stuff. As much as I love B & E, I'm ready to see new photos/vids of the rhythm boys, especially my Ad'. :shifty:

I get what you mean Domo, while I am excited, I just know that Bono will never be able to sing Ordinary Love on a daily basis.

Another indication that the album will be significantly different from this, maybe? If they release a song that they fully intend not to be played live, it may be because they know it wouldn't fit with the set list anyway?

Can't tell you guys how much I'm loving the RED auction performance of Lets Dance. Cuteness all over, especially that guy in the hat on the right. :edge: :loveshower:

I'm not worried at all. This was just a silly after-party thing. Not any indicator of what the actual TOUR will look/sound like. Think of it as drunken karaoke with friends.

Bono will look/sound fine by tour time. He's a professional. That's why they rehearse, they decide on set lists, take MONTHS to make it all work, etc. Just sit back and enjoy the music, that's all. :heart:

That's exactly the word my mom used about the Edge when I showed her Let's Dance... "So fine." They're only about 3 years different in age. ;)

I recall my mom having a similar reaction to the sash removal during "Bad" in "R&H" when I used to watch it in high school. They're about seven years apart.

I'm not worried at all. This was just a silly after-party thing. Not any indicator of what the actual TOUR will look/sound like. Think of it as drunken karaoke with friends.

Bono will look/sound fine by tour time. He's a professional. That's why they rehearse, they decide on set lists, take MONTHS to make it all work, etc. Just sit back and enjoy the music, that's all. :heart:

I highly doubt it. His voice has gone worse on each tour this millennium, but usually at the start or before the tour it was good. Now his voice starts off on a lower level, so if he's going to be singing each night again it'll only get worse and worse.
He's not all that professional, with the 40 years of smoking. And they don't rehearse all that much because Bono hates it, and as he said himself it puts a strain on his voice. So it's not quite that farfetched actually.

I highly doubt it. His voice has gone worse on each tour this millennium, but usually at the start or before the tour it was good. Now his voice starts off on a lower level, so if he's going to be singing each night again it'll only get worse and worse.
He's not all that professional, with the 40 years of smoking. And they don't rehearse all that much because Bono hates it, and as he said himself it puts a strain on his voice. So it's not quite that farfetched actually.

Way to shit on the parade! :up::D

Bono never took care of his voice very much, but I guess that was needed for just making the most amazing records, and doing some of the best tours the world has ever seen.

I saw Depeche Mode last year, and footage from years before. It always stunned me how much Dave Gahan takes care of his stuff. Does vocal warmups like a pro, doesn't bitch about it, rehearses, doesn't moan about it. Whenever its cold in an outside venue he wears a scarf, on stage, always drinking in between, and he basically drinks honey (i think) to keep it nice and smooth down that throat.

Maybe its different , since he's a Baritone, and singing in the lower region might damages the voice less? But its really amazing how well preserved his tone is compared to Bono. They don't differ that much in years, performing wise.

I really wished voices would be indestructible :lol: I feel sorry for B. :(
He probably can't help it.

Drunken karaoke with friends doesn't require pants, dammit. :no:

I have to say the image this presents to my brain is more comic than sexually interesting. Now, shirts I could see, but in my opinion the trousers come off considerably later in the game.

Also, I thought Bono only started smoking in the AB period, and has quit for short periods?

He already smoked during JT era, and quitting for short periods doesn't do anything for your voice. He was forced to quit during early elevation era as he had a throat cancer scare with laryngitis, yet he has been photographed plenty of times recently still smoking or carrying a pack of cigs. :tsk: Very professional there.

I also thought that B started smoking during AB. Ok, I thought that cig at the beginning of Zoo Station was just a prop. But I guess he was smoking long before that. There are also baby pictures of him smoking on stage.

It's a funny thing about the voice. The slightest thing can cause tension. Environment. Cold weather. Lack of sleep. Alcohol and eating the wrong foods can cause constriction. I think Bono could sing Ordinary Love live if you took care of his voice. But that would mean rest, vocal training and limited to no alcohol and no smoking.

Oh. And let's not forget~no excessive talking. :lol: (I can't see that happening).

And with the knowledge that both U2 and One Direction are in NYC, there is no way I can sleep. They are all only 6 hrs away from me by car. Fuck the snowstorm. Unless it wants to 'trap' me and Ad' together in bunkdom. :shifty:

I am wide awake. I'm not sleeping.

Why oh why does knowing Ad's here do this to me? My heart should be used to it by now. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

The stuff of PGP dreams :wink:

U2BonoMandelaLongWalkFreedomNYC11-25-20131.jpg~original

U2BonoMandelaLongWalkFreedomNYC11-25-201314.jpg~original

U2BonoMandelaLongWalkFreedomNYC11-25-201312.jpg~original

U2BonoMandelaLongWalkFreedomNYC11-25-201313.jpg~original

THAT ^Is the best :heart::cute: Needs to be in the next thread.

Good to see Lardence too, when you look cool up in the dictionary, you'll probably find a picture of him, his sunglasses. And I got to say I find those shaved sides incredible :drool: He looks super smart in that suit.

Edge and Ad looking great. :heart: Even without Edge's converse :lol:

I am sick as a dog right now. Dammit. How can sitting at home ,trying finding a job make you sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom