PGP - Next year is so going to rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Positively bugger ALL to do at work today. Taken to drawing 8-bit effigies of people in MS Paint.

I hate it when that happens. When you are busy, time flies, but when you have nothing to do....:|

ooh - new thread :up:

:wave:
I got 4 hrs of sleep last night so I've been laying low all day and will prob go to bed early. Just wanted to say hi to the "Not In Minneapolis/TO" crowd. :hug:

I got 4 hrs of sleep last night so I've been laying low all day and will prob go to bed early. Just wanted to say hi to the "Not In Minneapolis/TO" crowd. :hug:

:ohmy: How come? You must be beat!

Got through cooking and dinner mouse-free. :up: It was a success, everyone was full - Sarah made the most amazing chocolate cake, omg. :drool: I'm putting my feet up for the rest of the night.

Eta - we've had the G20 news on all day. I've been too busy to pay much attention except off and on, but it sounds like today has been mostly peaceful protests and bystanders, but that there has been a shitload of unnecessary arrests and detainments. The Toronto Police force is going to have a lot to answer for, in the next few days. It's going to be interesting.

Oh wow, Sarah just read this to me: "Amnesty International is calling on the Canadian government and the govt of the Province of Ontario in launching an independent review of the security measures that were put in place for the G8 and G20 Summits. The review should include opportunities for public input and the results should be released to the public."

Seems like the police behaviour today has been just as shameful as the vandalism done yesterday.

:wave:I hope you get some sleep tonight. :hug:

Drinks for Drea too...:cocktail::beer::cocktail::beer:

VP...I have been hearing about police brutality today too..just shameful. I am glad you got through your dinner!! :up:

This is bullshit. Police have been holding hundreds of people for the past couple of hours at the intersection of Queen and Spadina (they've been showing it live on the news, and there are members of the media in the crowd). They've been held there for the past 4+ hrs, most of that time in the pouring rain (there have been bad storms in the area all afternoon and evening). They had 6 busses come to transport some of them to the detention centre to process and hold them, but there wasn't enough transportation or room for all of them....so, the hundreds that were left have all been forced to stand there on the street this whole time. They're just letting them go now. People are being interviewed, saying people are sick, shivering, shaking from standing there so long...

Ridiculous. This is going to get nasty.

Oh, and the G20 is basically over now. Most of the world leaders left several hours ago.

I am waiting until after the kids go to bed to watch. They seem to be arresting the peaceful protesters, not the real troublemakers. I agree- this is going to get really nasty!!

There's a guy talking now...he and his gf were downtown today shopping for clothes for their baby daughter. They were walking along, and got caught up in a crowd when police surrounded them. I also heard a similar story earlier today from a couple of guys who had been to a bar to watch a world cup game...they were leaving the bar, and got herded into a detained crowd by the police.

A shitstorm's coming. This is nuts.

I have to go put the kids to bed so I can watch now....this is so embarassing for Canada:down:

I have to go put the kids to bed so I can watch now....this is so embarassing for Canada:down:

It really is. I'm completely stunned that this is happening. People aren't going to stand for it. There is going to be SO much trouble in the next while...

I just said to Sarah, I had no interest in protesting the G20 at all, but watching this makes me want to go protest the police BS.

When I was skimming to catch up, someone (Jem, I think?) asked who Doug is. :lol: Here are a few of their videos. They're cheesy 80s videos. Oh, the 80s. :cute:

Doug is the lead singer.

The story is, in the late 80s, my ex (he was my bf at the time) and I went to see them at a theatre here. We got front row seats. During the show, Doug came into the crowd, and headed over toward us. He sat on my lap (he's a big guy, lol) and then put his hand on my ex's head, pushed him away, and then started singing to me. :lol: It was hilarious. So, I have a soft spot for him and his music. He passed away several years ago. :(

YouTube - Doug & the Slugs - Too Bad

YouTube - Doug & the Slugs - Who Knows How to Make Love Stay

YouTube - DOUG & THE SLUGS - Day By Day

In love with a man who isn't in love with me. Just agreed to a date a week from Tuesday. Looking forward to it because I miss him so much after we broke up. I'm a glutton for punishment, I swear to God. :sigh:

He sent me a picture of himself on vacation. I adore him. And I hate myself so much for adoring him.

Hey, VeePee, you ever hear of The Jim Carroll Band? Apparently, the guy I sit next to at work was the guitar player, Brian Linsley.

This is bullshit. Police have been holding hundreds of people for the past couple of hours at the intersection of Queen and Spadina (they've been showing it live on the news, and there are members of the media in the crowd). They've been held there for the past 4+ hrs, most of that time in the pouring rain (there have been bad storms in the area all afternoon and evening). They had 6 busses come to transport some of them to the detention centre to process and hold them, but there wasn't enough transportation or room for all of them....so, the hundreds that were left have all been forced to stand there on the street this whole time. They're just letting them go now. People are being interviewed, saying people are sick, shivering, shaking from standing there so long...

Oh, and the G20 is basically over now. Most of the world leaders left several hours ago.

You'd think police forces worldwide would learn from London 's mistakes :tsk:

Do you think it will spill into Gay Pride week? Obviously i mean just the mob that was insistent on causing trouble?

In love with a man who isn't in love with me. Just agreed to a date a week from Tuesday. Looking forward to it because I miss him so much after we broke up. I'm a glutton for punishment, I swear to God. :sigh:

He sent me a picture of himself on vacation. I adore him. And I hate myself so much for adoring him.

Aww hun :hug:

I think most of us have been there too.

Maybe he misses you too, you know how men have trouble expressing their feelings :rolleyes:

I saw that on the news too. Pathetic :tsk:

:hug: :hug:

Jess :hug:

Was it you that broke it off last time?
yep. Tried to move on. Tried a hundred things to get him off my mind and reminded myself that I should be very angry with him indeed, since he told me he knew how I felt, because there was another girl he's in love with, but has zero chance with her. Jealousy tells me to find out who she is and scratch her eyes out.

Aww hun :hug:

I think most of us have been there too.

Maybe he misses you too, you know how men have trouble expressing their feelings :rolleyes:

It's possible. I just hate that I know I'm going to get my hopes up, then he won't have changed at all and I'm going to resent him and hate myself for going out with him again.

So I finally saw the video of Edge/Muse doing Streets. :lol: (The sound on my home computer is notoriously temperamental, and was cutting in and out too much for me to be able to properly enjoy it until now.) Wow, that was awesome!! :drool:

Hey, VeePee, you ever hear of The Jim Carroll Band? Apparently, the guy I sit next to at work was the guitar player, Brian Linsley.

I've heard of him (JC), vaguely know a couple of their songs, but that's about it. Cool that you work with the guy, though. In a weird way, it sort of makes me sad to hear that former rock stars have normal people jobs. I suppose I think they should be living the lifestyle forever, before entering some former rock star old age home.

You'd think police forces worldwide would learn from London 's mistakes :tsk:

Do you think it will spill into Gay Pride week? Obviously i mean just the mob that was insistent on causing trouble?

I doubt it. I just think there will be a lot of lingering resentment of the police by people who think they went too far and abused their power on Sunday, and probably political stuff (public inquiries, etc.).

It's possible. I just hate that I know I'm going to get my hopes up, then he won't have changed at all and I'm going to resent him and hate myself for going out with him again.

Oh hai me for the past 5 or 6 years, up until last year. :wave:

Bleh. It's hard and it sucks, but if he basically shows/tells you he's just not that into you, the best thing to do is to believe him, and run the other way.

Yay for having your computer fixed, Drea!

I've heard of him (JC), vaguely know a couple of their songs, but that's about it. Cool that you work with the guy, though. In a weird way, it sort of makes me sad to hear that former rock stars have normal people jobs. I suppose I think they should be living the lifestyle forever, before entering some former rock star old age home.

Oh hai me for the past 5 or 6 years, up until last year. :wave:

Bleh. It's hard and it sucks, but if he basically shows/tells you he's just not that into you, the best thing to do is to believe him, and run the other way.
If it's any consolation, Brian Linsley is NOT a normal person. He's very cool and very nice, but you can sort of tell the seventies weren't very kind to him. Kind of tempted to download some of their songs though.

I know, I know, I know!!! :banghead: If he weren't an EdgeClone with hair and some meat on his bones, if I could find one flaw besides the whole other chick thing, I could easily tear him apart and get over him. But I can't.

Wellllll, no, there is one. He's not my sweet, wonderful, wide-blue-eyed, chubby, foul-mouthed, clumsy, drag-aficionado drummer boy Tré with the cockatoo faux-hawk and beak to match. And Dave's been in my life, for, what, a year? I has been in luff with mah princess for 13. I think Tré wins.

Back
Top Bottom