PGP - Next year is so going to rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Kristen :hug:

I hope you still have a great time, and next year will be that much better!!:wink:

Is it wrong that earlier I was thinking "if the show had gone on, I'd be rushing around right now doing my packing at the last minute," and I was kinda glad I didn't have to? :lol: :reject:

The weather would have been gorgeous for the show though. Although we'd probably freeze our asses off again in GA tonight, like we did in September. :sigh:

I did feel a twinge of that with the minni show. As much as I wanted to see them , there was a small part of me that was glad that I didn't have to do the 6 hour drive. I think that I was just trying to look for the positives. :reject:

I still feel awful for everyone who was looking forward to it, but for us, it turned out to be for the best, and that's why I'm not particularly sad right now. Sarah has been walking without her cast or crutches for a couple of weeks now, but there's no way she could run once the gates opened, and she still can't stand for long periods of time.

I've convinced myself that next year is going to be AWESOME. :)

I want to get tickets for the Toronto show next year! It is sounding like it is going to be a blast. :up:

By next year Sarah will be able to really enjoy herself, and that will make the wait worthwhile!:hyper:

Awesome, the more the merrier! :hyper:

Yeah, this year, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been able to line up, we would have had to stand by the soundboard. I think she would have been okay sitting in the GA line, and getting in there (walking, not running)...and then she probably would have been okay for the show with a rail spot to lean on, or sit against if she needed to. It's the hours of standing when they consolidate the line that's the bad part. In Sept, I think it was around 2 pm that they made us stand, and we didn't get to go in till 5:30. She never would have made it through that.

I saw a pic of her and Kristen in Toronto. She must be posting from the hotel!!:wink:

018.jpg

This is the best pic I've seen all day. *hugs computer screen*

I just had a thought, though. What if, somehow, you hadn't heard that it got postponed and you showed up all thrilled to be seeing them? How much would that suck? I hope that doesn't actually happen to anyone, at any of the shows.

And I missed VP? :sad:

[shameless plug] I've got a race on Wednesday night. I'm expecting to hear cheers from all over the continent (and the UK) around 7pm Mountain Standard Time. [/shameless plug]

VP-had the show gone on, I'm sure we could have spread out til y'all got to the rail. :wink: :heart:

Like I said, I'm more dissapointed I didn't get to see you ladies. :( But with everything going on, it may have been a blessing in disguise. Financially, June sucked. I had to pick up 2 shifts this week to be able to pay off a few bills. I don't know how I would have swung 5 days off and needing an additional $600-$700 in spending/hotel/ticket money. And my mom is sick this weekend and she would have had to take care of 3 doggies with no help.

:tryingtolookatsilverlining:

VP-had the show gone on, I'm sure we could have spread out til y'all got to the rail. :wink: :heart:

Like I said, I'm more dissapointed I didn't get to see you ladies. :( But with everything going on, it may have been a blessing in disguise. Financially, June sucked. I had to pick up 2 shifts this week to be able to pay off a few bills. I don't know how I would have swung 5 days off and needing an additional $600-$700 in spending/hotel/ticket money. And my mom is sick this weekend and she would have had to take care of 3 doggies with no help.

DG, about our date. It'll have to be Sunday, as I just signed up for a race Wednesday. It's going to be hard enough without being... ahem... dehydrated.

Drea's here? I thought she was supposed to be partying in TO tonight?

I live in TO *g*

So Kristen and I did a crapload of walking tonight, and my back is not so happy about it :lol: Haven't done that much walking since last Sept! We went to the woodpecker first for Jem and Wild (see Kristen's facebook), then went to Skydome, where the picture she posted was taken (near where the Hard Rock Cafe used to be there)... then walked to the Hard Rock at Yonge & Dundas, then back to her hotel - a trip I made longer by getting us three streets further west than we needed to be :lol: Then we caught up on the thread - cracking up at Wild and Jem's posts *snerk* and she posted the pic ;)

Nope, I'll be in my own bed tonight *g* (I'd rather be outdoors by the Dome tonight, but alas...) Posting from home, in my pjs :wink:

VP - we wouldn't've been freezing our asses off, it was still pretty gorgeous out at 11pm :) Likely would've been less of a windtunnel too :lol:

DG, about our date. It'll have to be Sunday, as I just signed up for a race Wednesday. It's going to be hard enough without being... ahem... dehydrated.

Sunday night it is! I'm going to the liquor store tomorrow to prepare. :drunk:

Drea, sounds like you and Kristen had a blast! :heart:

^:yes: :hug:

We cracked ourselves up taking that pouting pic :lol: My feet, on the other hand, are asking me why the hell we didn't take the subway to Hard Rock - no clue why I was so ambitious about the walking *snerk*

Kristen's room has an amazing view, you can see quite a bit of the lake, but also Skydome and the CN Tower :up:

And I missed VP? :sad:

[shameless plug] I've got a race on Wednesday night. I'm expecting to hear cheers from all over the continent (and the UK) around 7pm Mountain Standard Time. [/shameless plug]

:kiss:

I've made a note of the time that I'll be cheering!

Aw, thanks! :hug:

Yeah, same for me, with the money thing. I could have done it, but it would have been tight, and I hate having to do that. Sorry to hear about your mom. :( Hope she's feeling better soon.

Date, huh? :sexywink:

Hey, I remember seeing you mention something about a substitute-for-Chicago dvd viewing party. That would be Tuesday night, right? But you're running Wed?

VP - we wouldn't've been freezing our asses off, it was still pretty gorgeous out at 11pm :) Likely would've been less of a windtunnel too :lol:

I just saw that it's a low of 12C tonight, but you're right, the wind was by far the worst part of it! :shiver:

I can watch a movie with you VP but I can't drink while doing it. You name the time and Ill be there.

And yeah DG I have to hit the store too. VP, I don't have your phone number or know abt charges to text canada.

So Kristen and I did a crapload of walking tonight, and my back is not so happy about it :lol : Haven't done that much walking since last Sept! We went to the woodpecker first for Jem and Wild (see Kristen's facebook), then went to Skydome, where the picture she posted was taken (near where the Hard Rock Cafe used to be there)... then walked to the Hard Rock at Yonge & Dundas, then back to her hotel - a trip I made longer by getting us three streets further west than we needed to be :lol : Then we caught up on the thread - cracking up at Wild and Jem's posts *snerk* and she posted the pic ; )

Glad you girls are having fun. :love:

Glad we were of amusement. :shifty:

Our date=getting drunk on the phone together on Sunday night in place of getting drunk together in person. :love:

:love:

Nobody's around to play. I am cry. :sad: :lol: Probably a good thing. Time to pass out. Sooos leepy. Gnight!! :kiss:

Awww. :hug: Hope you're not too hungover. :kiss:

Oh and GG is back on 13th September :hyper::hyper::love:

Back
Top Bottom