PGP: More U2 in our beds, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! I look forward to it :).

I know :(. But hey, I can just go hunt down some of those songs and have my own listening party! Problem solved :D!

:D

I just put my resume and a cover letter in an envelope to the San Francisco Shakespeare Company... their website doesn't necessarily say they're hiring... but it doesn't say that they're not either :shrug:
What M_A said. Never hurts to put your name forward, take the initiative, etc...

:D

That's what I figured... there's a couple more too. I'm not sending my resume to the big ones - that would be a waste of a stamp. But the midsized ones near where I have family and friends who would be willing to house me for awhile...

Good luck, zu! Good for you for pursuing them! As the others have said, it never hurts to get your resume in front of their faces.

I had planned to make some soup for dinner tonight so that I could have leftovers to take with me to work (!) tomorrow. I had forgotten that because it's a vegan soup, it uses bread to thicken it, and I used the last of my regular bread for breakfast. I suppose I could use the last bagel that I have... :lol:

Thanks.

I was at the base of the Grand Canyon a couple years ago, having hiked down and my calves were KILLING me. There's only one teeny tiny store down there, and I bought some kind of salve, put it on my calves and took a nap. Woke up an hour later thinking I'd gotten a really bad sunburn or something. My calves were BURNING UP!!
now I remember, it was arnica (or something like that).

I've had their pain pills before. They seemed like a decent homeopathic alternative to narcotics.

Some of those salves burn, especially the thin skin behind knees and such. I love Tiger Balm though. I have a fantasy where George Clooney gives me a foot rub in Tiger Balm.

So...I'm sort of in the market for a new apartment, watching craigslist ads. So sometimes I wander to other categories on craigslist. And I learned a new thing just now.

There is a thing called EDGING.

The ad read "come get tied and edged" so I had to research. It's dirty! I'm not sure which is more shocking, the thing or that I didn't know about the thing.

It means prolonging ejaculation for increased pleasure.

I was at the base of the Grand Canyon a couple years ago, having hiked down and my calves were KILLING me. There's only one teeny tiny store down there, and I bought some kind of salve, put it on my calves and took a nap. Woke up an hour later thinking I'd gotten a really bad sunburn or something. My calves were BURNING UP!!
now I remember, it was arnica (or something like that).

... There's a shop at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?! I dunno why this shocks me, but it does. *L*

I just put my resume and a cover letter in an envelope to the San Francisco Shakespeare Company... their website doesn't necessarily say they're hiring... but it doesn't say that they're not either :shrug:

Good luck!!
And don't feel too bad about the swim time, you're carrying injuries after all. :hug:

MTE: I say go to the gig as well! You should be able to have a chat to this guy before or after his set, do the "Wow I haven't seen you for ages, how have you been" thing, which should reveal whether that's a wedding ring or not, and if not, well, go for it. :D

Wild: :hug: :hug: I know I haven't been around much but I think of you a lot. I hope the surgery goes well and you recover swiftly! U2 won't know what's hit them next tour. :shifty:

GG: :hug: also... Your dad sounds pretty unreasonable, demanding that you organise their anniversary, especially that quickly. My parents never did anything to mark their anniversaries (that I can remember), although maybe they were a bit weird like that. Then again, maybe they were waiting for my brother and I to organise it, hah.
(It would have been 40 years this year for them... sigh.)

I've had their pain pills before. They seemed like a decent homeopathic alternative to narcotics.

Some of those salves burn, especially the thin skin behind knees and such. I love Tiger Balm though. I have a fantasy where George Clooney gives me a foot rub in Tiger Balm.

Right now, I would take some Tiger Balm on my hip. (Don't you judge, Zu. It's feels good when I run). I would take Bono, Edge, Gerard Butler, and Bradley Cooper in that order.

So...I'm sort of in the market for a new apartment, watching craigslist ads. So sometimes I wander to other categories on craigslist. And I learned a new thing just now.

There is a thing called EDGING.

The ad read "come get tied and edged" so I had to research. It's dirty! I'm not sure which is more shocking, the thing or that I didn't know about the thing.

It means prolonging ejaculation for increased pleasure.

:eek:

Right now, I would take some Tiger Balm on my hip. (Don't you judge, Zu. It's feels good when I run). I would take Bono, Edge, Gerard Butler, and Bradley Cooper in that order.

:up: That's my list too! Except, in Gerard's place is Larry. :shifty:

I leave Bono out of the Tiger Balm foot rub fantasy because Tiger Balm is hard to wash off your hands if you need to use them for "other things" after the foot rub.

Yeah, that would be uncomfortable...!

Some guy told me a story once about how he was chopping up chillies for his dinner one day, and then went to the loo without thinking (to pee).... ouch.

Yeah, that would be uncomfortable...!

Some guy told me a story once about how he was chopping up chillies for his dinner one day, and then went to the loo without thinking (to pee).... ouch.

Burning Sensation is my favorite fake band name. But I don't want any actual burning sensations.

Let's start a band! Maybe U2 will let us open for them. We'll sing only songs about how awesome they are.

Thora- Could you post your TV to Craigslist or Freecycle or something? Maybe someone could use it for parts, and save you $10!

I could. :hmm: But since I have a bunch of other crap to get rid of as well that I doubt could be salvaged/useful to anyone, it might just be easier to take it to recycling.

I just spent the last hour and a half on the phone. Whoops. :lol: There go my plans for baking bread tonight, and most likely cooking dinner too. :lol:

OMG I love cowbell!! Liechtensteinian ones are the best. :D

Every time I see a percussionist set up a cowbell I get disproportionately excited. :lol:

I'd better go, I've been summoned my my housemates to play Guitar Hero. That counts as bass practice, right?? :wink:

:hug: :wave:

That edging thing-wow. Sounds...interesting...

Speaking of learning about new things, last night a friend and I were playing this board game, Goth, which deals with trivia related to spooky movies/music and other macabre things of that sort. Thanks to that game I now know what a "Columbian necktie" is, and learned about a horrific type of Spanish torture (old, OLD days type of torture that (I seriously hope to God) nobody practices anymore) that splits people in half. The depraved depths people will go to never fails to surprise me.

Back to happy talk-so people are listing guys they want to have rub tiger balm on them or something? Ooh. Fun!

Neither do I, but that didn't stop Ke$ha or Katie Perry and it won't stop us.

:giggle:

Can I join in on this band fun?

Or, hey! Maybe I could be a writer and travel with you guys a la Bill Flanagan and write a big ol' book about your travels! Yeah!

Hi to Ali, by the way :wave:! I meant to say that earlier! How are things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom