PGP: More U2 in our beds, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol well I don't even want to do something. It's their marriage, they should do something. But leave me out of it!

I'm not one for parties and festivities with family.

I was just thinking of what Wild said: Irish men like big breasts and asses.

Looks at current U2 wives/significant others.

Did they NOT get the memo?

Oh shit, good call Drea! I forgot my U2.com membership is lapsing. :D Gotta renew.

Yeah, last month was U2.com too *snerk* When I renewed that I checked here to see when this one was expiring - had I remembered about the instant transfer from bank account thing I would've renewed it earlier, I was waiting until my credit card payment went through :lol: (Still had 10 days to spare.)

I just looked up electronics recycling in my area, and they'll charge me about $10 for the privilege of dropping off my TV. Grrr. Why can't it be free? :lol: I mean, I'm being responsible and not taking my electronics to the dump, dammit. Y U CHARGE ME DOLLARZ? :lol: They're open really inconvenient hours, so I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend to take care of it. Until then, awkward coffee table it is!

Yeah, last month was U2.com too *snerk* When I renewed that I checked here to see when this one was expiring - had I remembered about the instant transfer from bank account thing I would've renewed it earlier, I was waiting until my credit card payment went through :lol: (Still had 10 days to spare.)

Hm I think mine here runs out in.. july or something. I hadn't needed to renew u2.com for three years due to tour presale renewals. :lol: In 2009 I was already good till 2012.

Checked the shop. It's ridiculous how much bigger the US shop is. :rolleyes:

And the ONE thing I want isn't there, the red hoodie. Plus the Popmart t-shirt I got, I'd love to get a new one as it's got holes in it. But only available in small. :grumpy: Ah well, at least it saves money.

They charge you to give your old tv to recycling? :scratch: Wtf, that's weird.

I know, right?! :der: You'd think that there would be NO charge, since you're doing it the eco-friendly way. Whatever. I have a bunch of old electronics (VCR, printer, camera, cell phone, etc.) gathering dust and taking up space in my house, so I might as well dispose of them all at the same time.

Oooh, BD just came on the radio! Aww. :love:

Ah, that explains my popularity with men of Irish descent.
(Have yet to find anybody with the Irish Curse. I feel like we discussed this before.)

I am reading a horrible, horrible book called The Dog Walker by Leslie Schnur. As a part-time pet sitter, it offends me, because the main character snoops in people's houses and that's like, Rule Number 1; do not invade the client's privacy. It's also got some U2 related bits, a boy named Bono and a smattering of lyric references that make me want find and smack the author across the snout with a newspaper. Horrible, awful writing. And yet, I feel like I have to see it through. Rather than do my Statistics homework.

I know, right?! :der: You'd think that there would be NO charge, since you're doing it the eco-friendly way. Whatever. I have a bunch of old electronics (VCR, printer, camera, cell phone, etc.) gathering dust and taking up space in my house, so I might as well dispose of them all at the same time.

Oooh, BD just came on the radio! Aww. :love:

Yeah. Here you pay a small charge when you buy your electronics. A disposal charge. That's cover the recycling, even those thrown out with the trash. Those get gathered too, in special garbage trucks for electronics.

Ah, that explains my popularity with men of Irish descent.
(Have yet to find anybody with the Irish Curse. I feel like we discussed this before.)

I am reading a horrible, horrible book called The Dog Walker by Leslie Schnur. As a part-time pet sitter, it offends me, because the main character snoops in people's houses and that's like, Rule Number 1; do not invade the client's privacy. It's also got some U2 related bits, a boy named Bono and a smattering of lyric references that make me want find and smack the author across the snout with a newspaper. Horrible, awful writing. And yet, I feel like I have to see it through. Rather than do my Statistics homework.

That's like Jemima J by Jane Green. I hate that fucking book. There are groups dedicated to the hatred of that book.

I have experienced the Irish Curse. Both forms.

That's like Jemima J by Jane Green. I hate that fucking book. There are groups dedicated to the hatred of that book.

I have experienced the Irish Curse. Both forms.

Jemima J is a terrible book! I forgot about that one. I'll take the Shopaholic series over that crap.

Oh, yeah the Irish Curse in the opposite direction...ouch.

UM WOW HELLO. There's a "welcome back" if ever there was one!
Those spoilers are :drool:, aren't they?

Haha, agreed. I too seem to like being attracted to weird and unusual things/people/animals. I blame my dad for that-he always had a weird sense of humor and I inherited it.

Okay, well, that's good, at least. I fully understand your mom wanting to avoid the subject-I think it's great she managed to not turn out like them and forge her own path, she sounds like a great woman, and think it's wise to keep you as sheltered as possible from them. But hey, you've got that other extended family she seems okay with and everything, so yay for that!
I blame my mom. She always told me to be myself, do what felt right me and if that wasn't what other people were doing, oh well. :love:

She really is the greatest. :heart: She's the strongest person I know.

And you're quite welcome! Glad you liked!
Very much.

*Listens* Our landlord is playing the Doors below us right now. "Light My Fire". The long version.
:rockon:

:ohmy: :lol::lol:

Well, I'm screwed in that case. Or not as it may turn out.

Zu, I had to do hills today since my 5K next week is super hilly. Holy side stitches. Wendy's 1/4 with cheese does not make the best running fuel.

Well, I'm screwed in that case. Or not as it may turn out.

Zu, I had to do hills today since my 5K next week is super hilly. Holy side stitches. Wendy's 1/4 with cheese does not make the best running fuel.

oh ouch! Thankfully I rarely cramp up... except for last year on the PukeRace.

I was kinda low energy before my swim time trial today. I put on my tri suit which now feels like swimming in a prom dress and between the shoulder and knee injury from yesterday's fall, I added a full minute to my swim time. Fuck.

My friend and training partner, when I told her I was thinking about pulling out of the race in 2 weeks, said I should just "participate" and not "race".

Today on my FB feed there have been several people whose accounts have been hacked by friends or whatever, since they obviously forgot to log off of their account. Everyone's "hacked" statii have been strange - like talking about disgusting bodily functions, or other rude/offensive stuff that they'd never in a million years say (much less post on FB). :rolleyes: How do people think that's funny? They obviously have some very immature/young friends, or I'm just a cranky old lady. #getoffmylawn

Today on my FB feed there have been several people whose accounts have been hacked by friends or whatever, since they obviously forgot to log off of their account. Everyone's "hacked" statii have been strange - like talking about disgusting bodily functions, or other rude/offensive stuff that they'd never in a million years say (much less post on FB). :rolleyes: How do people think that's funny? They obviously have some very immature/young friends, or I'm just a cranky old lady. #getoffmylawn

Usually when my friends get their fb hacked, it's by their spouses and it's usually something like "My spouse is the best ever in the whole world and I love to do the dishes." or something harmless like that.

Thinking of you Thora - I'm writing a cover letter for my resume. Never had to do that before. I don't like it.

Usually when my friends get their fb hacked, it's by their spouses and it's usually something like "My spouse is the best ever in the whole world and I love to do the dishes." or something harmless like that.

Thinking of you Thora - I'm writing a cover letter for my resume. Never had to do that before. I don't like it.

Yeah, that's what happens most of the time for me too, but today it's all stupid. :lol:

Oof. Yeah, cover letters are hard. I feel your pain. :hug:

Streets is now on the radio. :combust: Damn, the beginning of this song never fails to give me the chills. :love: This station has played some fabulous tune-age this afternoon. :up:

No, you're not cranky, you're right. That IS obnoxiously annoying. There are some people who just really should not be allowed near computers :tsk:. That really sucks, I'm sorry for those people. I hope something gets done about that.

Those spoilers are :drool:, aren't they?

Uh-huh. *:yes: x infinity* Ohhhhhhh, yeah. The thoughts that went through my mind...:shifty:.

I blame my mom. She always told me to be myself, do what felt right me and if that wasn't what other people were doing, oh well. :love:

She really is the greatest. :heart: She's the strongest person I know.

:up: for awesome moms. That's excellent advice. She's a smart lady.

Very much.

Hooray! It makes me happy when people like music I share with them. I'm currently working on doing that with my friends with Muse and such. Spread the musical goodness, and all that.

You know, if you ever want to share more music you like with me, feel free, by the way :).

That's kinda what I was doing :D. They had a good little '60s music thing going on. It's stopped now, though.

:angry: Icy Hot patches totally NOT doing their job.
Yesterday when I fell, at first I kinda freaked out because I couldn't move my foot, like I had NO control over it. Then I looked down and saw my calf muscles twitching. I think I hit the muscle on a pretty big rock and it just went into shock for a second. Today it's really really sore, like I did a million calf raises.

:angry: Icy Hot patches totally NOT doing their job.
Yesterday when I fell, at first I kinda freaked out because I couldn't move my foot, like I had NO control over it. Then I looked down and saw my calf muscles twitching. I think I hit the muscle on a pretty big rock and it just went into shock for a second. Today it's really really sore, like I did a million calf raises.

Tiger Balm patches, I cannot say enough good about them. I started back to CrossFit this past week. The Tiger Balm patches have enough sticky stuff on them that you can move them to different areas quite a few times before they stop sticking. And I got a lot of areas that need it. Owchie mama...

Uh-huh. *:yes: x infinity* Ohhhhhhh, yeah. The thoughts that went through my mind...:shifty:.
:shifty:

:up: for awesome moms. That's excellent advice. She's a smart lady.
:up:

Hooray! It makes me happy when people like music I share with them. I'm currently working on doing that with my friends with Muse and such. Spread the musical goodness, and all that.

You know, if you ever want to share more music you like with me, feel free, by the way :).
Oh, if I come across something I definitely will... :shifty::D

That's kinda what I was doing :D. They had a good little '60s music thing going on. It's stopped now, though.
:sad:

Yeah, I remember my dad trying those IcyHot things once, too, and he said the same thing, that they were kinda "meh". Sorry your foot hurts, hope you can find something better to help ease the pain :hug:.

Oh, if I come across something I definitely will... :shifty::D

:sad:

Cool! I look forward to it :).

I know :(. But hey, I can just go hunt down some of those songs and have my own listening party! Problem solved :D!

Tiger Balm patches, I cannot say enough good about them. I started back to CrossFit this past week. The Tiger Balm patches have enough sticky stuff on them that you can move them to different areas quite a few times before they stop sticking. And I got a lot of areas that need it. Owchie mama...

Thanks.

I was at the base of the Grand Canyon a couple years ago, having hiked down and my calves were KILLING me. There's only one teeny tiny store down there, and I bought some kind of salve, put it on my calves and took a nap. Woke up an hour later thinking I'd gotten a really bad sunburn or something. My calves were BURNING UP!!
now I remember, it was arnica (or something like that).

I just put my resume and a cover letter in an envelope to the San Francisco Shakespeare Company... their website doesn't necessarily say they're hiring... but it doesn't say that they're not either :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom