PGP- Morals: We haz them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is awesome Thora!

Cori, my daughter has the same thing you do, but she phyically gets ill. For the longest time, we couldn't figure out what to do. We found an answer for her, and it is stress induced, and seems to occur when she has had chocolate when she is stressed. Hers is called "Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome" and now that we know, we give her gravol on the night before super exciting things happen, and she avoids chocloate on school days. (if it isn't a school night and she really wants it, I let her have it and we take our chances)

Cori, my daughter has the same thing you do, but she phyically gets ill. For the longest time, we couldn't figure out what to do. We found an answer for her,a nd it is stress induced, and seems to occur when she has had chocolate when she is stressed. Hers is called "Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome" and now that we know, we give her gravol on the night before super exciting things happen, and she avoids chocloate on school days. (if it isn't a school night and she really wants it, I let her have it and we take our chances)

Huh, interesting! Thanks for the info. This is what happens to me (spoilered for total TMI talk):

I start getting nervous butterflies in my stomach, and then it turns into digestive issues, and it feels like I just need to poo, although if I try and do so, nothing happens. If I'm active, moving around, it seems to get better, so during the shows both times, it was absolutely fine (and I could tell I was hungry).

But when it starts really getting going, like it did all night in Seattle, and after the show last night, it's like a nonstop churning feeling in my digestive tract, like the butterflies but worse, and I just can't even sit still, I'm so uncomfortable.

and then eventually, all the churning makes me puke (that's what it seems like is the cause). In Vegas, that finally made me feel better, and I slept. With Seattle, I puked right away, and the churning continued all night. Last night, it was churning, then puke, then more churning.

And yesterday it came on completely unexpectedly. I sat down to eat lunch with everybody, was starving, took two bites of my sandwich, and felt a wave of nausea wash over me, like I needed to run outside and get air. It passed, and I slowed down my eating (because I did have to eat something), but then that started it.

I wasn't sure how much it was just "too much excitement, too much sun," that sort of thing (which I had also originally blamed the Vegas episode on), so I made a point to go back to the hotel later on, to get out of the sun and just relax. And I was able to eat a little bit before the show. Definitely felt better. It wasn't until just at the end of the show that I started realizing that it was coming back. :(

So yeah. Just so uncomfortable and frustrating. Suck city.

Bleh, that does blow. :( Have you tried taking Pepto Bismal or something ahead of time?

I'm going into the show just assuming I'm going to feel like I can't breathe the whole time, but if it turns out I actually feel ok (which I probably will), I'll just take it as a pleasant surprise.

Got outbid on my makeup at the last second. :fist: If Edge doesn't propose, it is TOTALLY that ebayer's fault.

It sounds similar. Hers is called Cyclic because it always happens at the same time of day (when she wakes up) and once she gets started, it doesn't stop. She does get that "churning" feeling as well. Gravol does stop it. I hope you can figure it out. :hug: I know how stressful it is for us. We are so worried about our Disney trip/cruise in November.

Minneapolis should theoretically be stress-free, but of course I'll be super excited, so I'm a little nervous as to what might happen.

Which of course isn't helping, being nervous about being nervous. :wink:

I usually have Pepto on hand, didn't yesterday. This is so unlike any other kind of "tummy ache" I've ever experienced that I don't know that it would work. I didn't take it for the Seattle show, as I threw up so soon after getting home, I didn't want to glug any of that.

Amy- not sure if it will help, but there are free first aid stations in all the parks. If she starts feeling icky, she can go in to lay down & cool off and they'll check her out for you.

Bringing these in here just cuz. :shifty:

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak1.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak2.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak3.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak4.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak5.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak6.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak7.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak8.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak9.jpg

Bonot-shirtAnaheim26-18-2011cpenyak10.jpg

* Follows pictures * :wave: Gorgeous Photo's :applaud:

They make me go all :combust: Damn the band seemed to be on fire .

Cori, is it upper or lower GI? I have issues when running especially longer distances. Over Memorial weekend I had a very uncomfortable 4.5 miles of a half marathon because there were NO bathrooms. Mine are lower GI. My doctor said it could exercise induced IBS. I take medicne which sometimes helps. It is part stress and part pounding on pavement. Sometimes I'm very ill for hours after I've finished. You'd think I would give up running. Nope. Dublin Marathon is on the bucket list.
But definitely mention it to your doctor. Maybe they can give you medicine you take before a big event like Amy's daughter. I use medicine and a nutritional regime before longer races. It's a crap shoot - literally.

Cori, I know how you feel :hug: It really sucks but it's stress induced. Stress can bring on a ton of physical symptoms. I know from experience. I've dealt with issues like that my whole life and I had a really rough time a few years ago that left me sick to my stomach everyday for a month and it was all stress related.

Hang in there :hug: I find that the more I do things, the better it gets. Just don't let it take over and ruin the experience. I know it's hard because it feels so gross but you have to keep moving through it.

LOVE the videos! :drool:

Oh, it is SO nice to have today off. I slept in and have been looking at everyone's pictures from Anaheim this weekend. I'm JUST making breakfast now. :lol: It's probably more appropriate to call it brunch at this hour, though. :wink:

LOVE the videos! :drool:

Oh, it is SO nice to have today off. I slept in and have been looking at everyone's pictures from Anaheim this weekend. I'm JUST making breakfast now. :lol: It's probably more appropriate to call it brunch at this hour, though. :wink:

Yay for days off! You deserve it after your crazy week! I vote glass of wine in a bubble bath! (Always makes me feel like The Fly)

Yay for days off! You deserve it after your crazy week! I vote glass of wine in a bubble bath! (Always makes me feel like The Fly)

Thanks. Yes, it's definitely well deserved. I was contemplating asking for tomorrow off as well, but as I feel so good and rested already, I'm not going to. :)

There will definitely be wine later, but I'm not much of a bath person. However, if it were like that picture, I probably wouldn't mind. :wink: Laying on my comfy couch curled up in blankets & watching movies is what will make me most happy today. :)

Back
Top Bottom