PGP- Morals: We haz them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ack, I lost my ideal flight because I took time to call Budget to ask about driving the car to Canada! :scream:

Oops, never mind. I was in the wrong tab.

There was a pic? I missed it too. :scream:

thanks Thora :hug: You know how work dynamics are just...weird and probably inappropriate. that's just how it goes.

Ooh, young man flirting! Do tell...

Mine is actually younger, too. He didn't seem like it, though. I guess when you get to my age, you need bigger variances to make it noticeable,. :lol: It was actually my sister who pointed it out to me. She wanted to know about him, and all I know is his graduation year from his linked in profile. I told her, and she was all "oh, that's when [my niece] graduated! I was like "shut up!" :lol:

Well, I swear when I looked at the rental details for Budget on Expedia and Orbitz earlier, you just had to tell them you were taking it over the border, and it was fine.

But when I called to confirm, he said I had to buy separate insurance for Canada, that they didn't cover it. But I could take the car over the border. Weird.

MTE :hug: I know how that feels. Seeing my ex-boss' very pregnant wife a few weeks ago just re-opened old wounds. And it didn't help that he sent me a facebook message saying that his wife saw me and said I looked happy and that he hoped I was happy. Oh yeah, I was happy as a fucking clam to receive that message.:|

In happier news, today's cock headline may eclipse yesterday's headline. :lol:

Hmm, that was kinda douchey. It reminds me of when I found out that my ex was married....before me. Dude tried to move out while I was out of town. Luckily, I had a 'mishap' that made me walk in on packing day. But still. No way he should have been married before me.

As you can see, I really, really liked the news today.

Seriously though, where do you meet people?? And can I do it in my jammies with my hair all up untidily and cats crawling all over me?? But not online dating sites. I hate those, and can't be arsed to type out an amusing profile that makes me seem like a unique, special snowflake. :rolleyes:

Then you'd have to get ready, and actually go somewhere and meet the people, and then make small talk. :yikes: Yeah, like I'm enough of a motherfucking adult to do that.

This is why a work crush is highly appealing to me. I'm there anyway, I'm dressed decently, and some of the time at least, I'm on.

Whew! :yikes:

Thanks Deeg. :hug: It's not that big of a deal, like I said, it wasn't him, it was the feeling. Alas.

VP, this just came in my email for you...

I'm here for you...
5854961507_b239d704c7_o.jpg

MTE, feel free to send me the pic via PM. :)

VP, about the flirting:

he's the son of one of my co-workers, and he was helping out with our event this weekend. He helped me move some bulky signs, and we were chatting about hockey, because he saw my security pass, which has a Canucks sticker on it. I flirted a little, he flirted back, but then I had to go take care of some other stuff. I didn't see him again until later, when he called my co-worker Mom. I'd heard lots about him from his mom since we're friends, but didn't put two and two together that he was her son until I saw them interacting. I backed away quickly right after that. :lol:

Seriously though, where do you meet people?? And can I do it in my jammies with my hair all up untidily and cats crawling all over me?? But not online dating sites. I hate those, and can't be arsed to type out an amusing profile that makes me seem like a unique, special snowflake. :rolleyes:

That's how I did it. I've been told that I'm unapproachable in a social setting because I have this ' I don't need you' air about me. Well, I don't need you....but it'd be funner with you. So, after doing time for almost 2 years (one day I will write a book about the 5 years I was single. I went from snogging in Irish bars to going on some of the worst date EVER) I met my husband. We are similar in some ways but different in many. His profile tag line was a Jimmy Buffett song and mine was a Buzzcocks song. I'm punk rock while he is Grateful Dead.

The last date I went on, he was quite a bit younger. I'd met him at a party, and he was nice, so we got together. I hadn't realized quite how young he was. Probably early 20s, but in school, and we were just in completely different places in our lives. It felt weird.

WOOT! :cabbagepatch:

I normally don't go for younger guys either. I did date a younger guy once, and that ended REALLY awkwardly. I was 19, he was 16. :lol: :yikes: Learned my lesson with that one. Never again. Gotta be my age or older.

I briefly dated a guy that was like 22 when I was maybe 24? I probably would have been fine except he was shorter than me and had a smallish build, so when he took his shirt off, I totally felt like I was making out with a kid.

Alicia, that is great.:hug: You only live once, so be wild and crazy while you can!!!:hyper:

Yes, we shall meet!

HUZZAH!

Flying direct on a red-eye into Boston. Land Friday morning. Will rent a car and drive maybe about half way, if not further. Stay at cheap, crappy hotel, likely somewhere in Maine.

Drive the few remaining hours on Saturday morning, which allows for delays at the border and any traffic hassles I was afraid of if I'd planned on getting there in the afternoon.

Camp out in car, then drive back on Sunday, as my flight is in the morning on Monday. Which is great, as I'll be back in Seattle before noon (with the time change), so I can relax the rest of the day.

OH MY GOD.

MTE, feel free to send me the pic via PM. :)

VP, about the flirting:

he's the son of one of my co-workers, and he was helping out with our event this weekend. He helped me move some bulky signs, and we were chatting about hockey, because he saw my security pass, which has a Canucks sticker on it. I flirted a little, he flirted back, but then I had to go take care of some other stuff. I didn't see him again until later, when he called my co-worker Mom. I'd heard lots about him from his mom since we're friends, but didn't put two and two together that he was her son until I saw them interacting. I backed away quickly right after that. :lol:

Lol, although I can see why you backed away, maybe you didn't need to...? Maybe your coworker would have been happy about it? But yeah, potential for awkwardness.

Grace, good for you for doing it that way and having it work out!! I just find myself getting really cynical reading those sites. Very ordinary (or lower) guys are demanding supermodel types. Then with myself, I find the same thing, I browse and feel really dismissive toward guys that don't meet my "criteria." It just feels shallow and unnatural to me. Not that it is...it's my own issue. :)

HUZZAH!

Flying direct on a red-eye into Boston. Land Friday morning. Will rent a car and drive maybe about half way, if not further. Stay at cheap, crappy hotel, likely somewhere in Maine.

Drive the few remaining hours on Saturday morning, which allows for delays at the border and any traffic hassles I was afraid of if I'd planned on getting there in the afternoon.

Camp out in car, then drive back on Sunday, as my flight is in the morning on Monday. Which is great, as I'll be back in Seattle before noon (with the time change), so I can relax the rest of the day.

OH MY GOD.

Where are you staying Sunday night before your flight?

I'll get a hotel near the airport so I can just be right there when it's time to roll out of bed.

The last date I went on, he was quite a bit younger. I'd met him at a party, and he was nice, so we got together. I hadn't realized quite how young he was. Probably early 20s, but in school, and we were just in completely different places in our lives. It felt weird.

For much of my adult (separated/divorced) life, all the guys I've dated have been younger, by an average of about 7 years (which is what work crush is, ha).. My longest one was my age, but it was the disastrous, 5+ year off and on quasi-relationship thing, the one who still calls me. :|

And yay for Moncton!!!!

Now watch - they'll finally announce dates in Dublin or something, and Moncton will no longer be the last show.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom