PGP- Morals: We haz them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a moment of pure awesomeness today- I got an article back with notes from an editor, which almost never happens. (They fix any stupid grammar and such, I just get it back if there's something seriously wrong.) I was all "ARRRGH, I don't have time for rewrites, must keep going!" The editor's note was, and I quote..

Something is missing in your second to last sentence. " ... you will find the ?? a three-minute walk away."

I had literally typed "You will find a three-minute walk away." and left it like that. :lol: I originally had a sentence there about a restaurant that was 3 min from the hotel, but then I found a different restaurant I wanted to talk about so I deleted the first, and... yeah. Something shiny must have distracted me. :reject:

:wave: BD :wink: :hug:

You've been working so hard, MTE, it'd be a shame to let go of the dream... the dream of PLEBAns together... and leather.. and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDGE...

I am picturing this as an empassioned speech on the steps of a church or something, btw. :D

I've been trying to find out if any of my friends know anyone that works for an airline or something that I can offer sexual favors in exchange for a cheap flight. :shifty: (See thread title.)

Just sticking this here for my own inspirational purposes:

edgepants.JPG

Can one of you coffee addicts tell me about how much the Timmy's equivalent of a Frappuccino would be? (I think I have around $10 in Canadian currency floating around somewhere in my house, I'm thinking I'll stick it in an envelope to be my coffee fund!)

I was just looking at the Montreal hotel's website, and "The hotel offers a corporate shuttle within a seven kilometre radius of the area." :hmm: Do you think they'd drive us to the Hippodrome?

corianderstem said:
I'm pissed off at U2 for ending the tour in the middle of nowhere. :grumpy:

Come with us! I'll be driving from Boston. We are staying an hour away because all the hotels were booked.

That would be awesome!! Or they could at least drive us to the Timmies that's right beside the stadium.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hotels didn't accommodate the fans for that weekend. When I was looking to book a hotel, most of them had clauses specific to the U2 show - cancellations and payments. We'll need to take a taxi to get into the downtown area Thursday night since we're staying near the venue.

Good morning people. Would it be wrong to make this my new avatar?

327793785.jpg

Okay, I did it. Just for today because...it's funny.

Can one of you coffee addicts tell me about how much the Timmy's equivalent of a Frappuccino would be? (I think I have around $10 in Canadian currency floating around somewhere in my house, I'm thinking I'll stick it in an envelope to be my coffee fund!)

There's an Iced Cap that's pretty tasty, and it's similar to a Frapp. It costs around $2.50 for a medium, I think. Can't say for certain, though. They don't list prices on their website, because the prices are different in some provinces.

Ugh, my stomach is absolutely HATING me this morning. I'm having the same pains that I had when I was 16 (doc's couldn't figure out what was wrong then). :| I'll get these pains every now and then, but thankfully it's not very frequent. Fuck, this hurts. :(

So sorry Thora!:hug::hug:

Damn that Bono's cock being such a nuisance. That headline is hilarious!!!!!!

Hope you feel better soon Sharon :hug:

Best newspaper cover ever!! :lmao:

FYI, Laura in #6 in line right now and Val is #14 :hyper:

Ugh, this is what I pulled from the Baltimore gathering board

'98 Rock is reporting (probably incorrectly) that pit access will not be 1st come 1st served like normal and will be random when your bar code is scanned.

I cant confirm that this is really the case, but the local rock station is definitely reporting it as so'

To my knowledge, this has never been on 360 - just Vertigo, right?

Ugh, this is what I pulled from the Baltimore gathering board

'98 Rock is reporting (probably incorrectly) that pit access will not be 1st come 1st served like normal and will be random when your bar code is scanned.

I cant confirm that this is really the case, but the local rock station is definitely reporting it as so'

To my knowledge, this has never been on 360 - just Vertigo, right?

That must be wrong. They wouldn't start doing that out of nowhere. The fans would freak! :ohmy:

It would make the South Central riots look like a kid's birthday party. But we'd have a winner for Best GA Clusterfuck.

Come with us! I'll be driving from Boston. We are staying an hour away because all the hotels were booked.

:ohmy:

That's what I was considering - the only decent flight options are into Boston. Do you know if you can take a rental car over the border? Does that cause an issue?

Also, do you have floor space in your hotel where I could crash? (If not, that is perfectly okay, I can find another option.)

Also need a ticket, but it sounds like they are rather plentiful at the moment.

Oh, that I could consider Montreal, ladies. Alas, I cannot change my plans in Seattle for that weekend. Biodad, etc etc. :)

:ohmy:

That's what I was considering - the only decent flight options are into Boston. Do you know if you can take a rental car over the border? Does that cause an issue?

Also, do you have floor space in your hotel where I could crash? (If not, that is perfectly okay, I can find another option.)

Also need a ticket, but it sounds like they are rather plentiful at the moment.

Oh, that I could consider Montreal, ladies. Alas, I cannot change my plans in Seattle for that weekend. Biodad, etc etc. :)

Montreal I have an extra ticket for. Floor space, I'd check with my friend first. Every little helps in paying for the U2 addiction.

May I ask what city you're staying in? I have some friends staying in Charlottetown, which is 2-3 hours away, but flying into that city is ridiculous from Seattle, both price-wise and logistics-wise.

No pressure - I think I'm fully prepared to go it alone if I can't find a travel buddy for the car or hotel. If it doesn't work out, or if your friend doesn't want an interloper, it's totally fine. :)

May I ask what city you're staying in? I have some friends staying in Charlottetown, which is 2-3 hours away, but flying into that city is ridiculous from Seattle, both price-wise and logistics-wise.

No pressure - I think I'm fully prepared to go it alone if I can't find a travel buddy for the car or hotel. If it doesn't work out, or if your friend doesn't want an interloper, it's totally fine. :)

We are staying in Fredericton which on Google Maps is .....I just looked it up. 2 hours away. Ugh. There is nothing available in Moncton. I just checked on Choice Hotels. Fredericton is 2 hours west. I think we figured it was on the way home. I can't tell you how jazzed I am to drive 2 hours after the show. But what can you do? I see why my husband was happy to switch dates.

:lol:

Yeah, there is a part of me that's tempted to just rent my own car and sleep in it Saturday night before driving back to wherever (Boston, maybe Portland). I have a friend who may have an extra camping pass.

Maybe fly into Portland or Boston on Friday, get a hotel for Friday night, drive up on Saturday, hang out, do the show, sleep up there, drive back on Sunday, fly home either Sunday or Monday (probably Monday).

I need to mull it over a bit more.

Edit: looks like I might have a ticket for the show. Oh man, I can't even believe I'm thinking about this.

:lol:

Yeah, there is a part of me that's tempted to just rent my own car and sleep in it Saturday night before driving back to wherever (Boston, maybe Portland). I have a friend who may have an extra camping pass.

Maybe fly into Portland or Boston on Friday, get a hotel for Friday night, drive up on Saturday, hang out, do the show, sleep up there, drive back on Sunday, fly home either Sunday or Monday (probably Monday).

I need to mull it over a bit more.

Mullen it over? :sexywink:

Indeed!

This sounds like it's meant to be. Stock is up today, I could sell some of my options to fund the trip. I can reschedule two vacation days without stealing any from my Ireland trip, I have a ticket.

Right now my biggest worry is my anxiety/illness issue. Part of me hopes that my doctor will have an idea of what might help right away, like things to do in days leading up (I'm even willing to cut out caffeine!), or in the short-term, pop a Xanax when I'm heading out for an adventure/travel/concert.

Can deal with longer-term management after Ireland. That might all be unlikely, but I'm hoping she can help me with a temporary fix.

Back
Top Bottom