PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey, y'all this tour is roaring East like a train. Let's start with some photos from LA5 last night.

11425447_911999695509142_8363261424753992033_n.jpg

11425447_911999695509142_8363261424753992033_n.jpg

11239688_911985865510525_3492915657770700362_n.jpg

11390370_911994848842960_7721056346214409014_n.jpg

11329978_911996542176124_7638753092064876516_n.jpg

Sorry to post and ghost. I had to reset my password and email. It wouldn't let me in!

So, how is everyone?

Hi there GR. :wave:

I'm sad that my only 2 shows for now are over. :sad:

But it was awesome so I'm happy for that. :)

domo, I posted the pics you asked about at the end of the last PGP thread, so make sure you go grab them. (the pic my avi is from, and the others from the same night.)

That said... I'm going to change my avi. It's been ages and I feel like it's time. :hmm:

Hooray new avi, Comet! and welcome back, Grace! And hellooooo Lenny Kravitz in stocking feet. :shifty:

My 2 shows are still to come in July.

BC, you're avi and sig photo hacen't changed! It took forever to just change mine.

I know, I haven't changed it yet. Change is hard.

:lol:

I still like my avi, but I think I'm going to find a pic of Bono and his guitar from last tour, because I really miss that on this tour. :(

What shows are you going to GR? And how about everyone else? I want to go to more, but I had to be good and not go overboard this time. Maybe next year. :pray:

Ok I did it. :hmm: I will probably change my mind again about it, but I can't believe how long I left the last one. It was a good time though. :cute:

I am going to 1 and 2 as well. GA for both. In fact, the 1st show I might be on my own. Getting the tickets was a massive clusterfunk. I wound up with 2 tickets for each show and none for my husband (who said he didn't care until I told him what I did). It's a sore subject even 6 months later. I think that has tempered my excitement. It's been a very hard year.

Do you have seats, Jeevey?

I have seats for night 1 but I was considering swapping out for GA if it's possible. I'm taking the bus down just shortly before the show, so I wasn't going to be able to do a long GA line. But if it's as short a wait as they say, I'd love to get in there.

And GA for night 2!! Maybe we should meet up?

Sorry to hear it's been a hard one for you. Being married while parenting little ones is so hard. Is your husband going to be there at all, and are you going with a friend instead?

Yeah, my friend is going both nights. She has seats to the first night. I am so not doing GA lines this year. I'm going in and standing where I can see. I have no interest in line politics or getting the rail or any of that. I'm just too old.

Right now there is a possibility that we can get a ticket for my husband. I think every show has had tickets drop, right? But whether we have sitters is another matter.

You guys, for LA1 we didn't get into line until 5:30-ish. And we still could have second row from almost anywhere. Not sure about front stage though because we didn't even try to go there but anywhere mid catwalk was an easy 2nd row at rail. We ended up moving to e stage and were 2nd row (this was about 6:30 maybe). Got pushed back to 3rd row when the 2 guys from Mexico in front of us invited 4 of their friends to stand behind them which totally sucked. :angry: But you get the idea. You don't have to stand in line all day or deal with line nazis. :cute:

Missed the new thread by a mile, but yay!

Sorry to post and ghost. I had to reset my password and email. It wouldn't let me in!

So, how is everyone?

How are YOU? :hug: Glad you got tickets to see them yourself.
Sucks that your husband got screwed over but you can't be blamed really. Getting tickets was anightmare. Keep on checking the week before the concert. There is a huge consistency of ticket drops (even GA's) the night before showtime. So he maybe... Not completely impossible.

domo, I posted the pics you asked about at the end of the last PGP thread, so make sure you go grab them. (the pic my avi is from, and the others from the same night.)

That said... I'm going to change my avi. It's been ages and I feel like it's time. :hmm:

Hmmm Green telecaster Bono! :love:
Spotted the picture for me too! :love:

Also. I remember Sicy mentioning that you could do cartwheels in the GA even when the band is playing.
I've watched some video's already and have to say, its almost awkward how empty the GA is on the outskirts of the floor. So much space.

Why aren't they dropping more GA tickets? It's hard to imagine that they wouldn't actually sell.

My question exactly. Its no wonder they where so hard to come by in the first place.
I only managed to get 2 tickets thanks to a subscribtion to U2.com... Nightmare site. :uhoh:

I'm wondering if it's to do with arena capacity. If all the seats are sold out, there must be a limit to the number of additional people they will allow on the floor before fire code says no more. It's true that this time its WAY easier to get next to a rail, but it's because of this set up. The "rail" is literally the entire length and that's x2 because of both sides so even with a ginormous rail it's still doubled! It's crazy no one's really thought of this before. But I don't know, maybe it's a nightmare security wise. Good for us tho! I will say that it looks packed on the floor as it gets closer to stage, and from the seats the floor looked packed too. But it just makes sense everyone is going to spread out more than usual with this set up. Anyway, my guess about not selling more GA's is just that they are at capacity numbers wise for the building.

videos that I´ve watched so far looks like they could easily fit few hundred more people on GA, must be local laws ect restricting how many people can ve on floor, specially at back where they exit the show

I think so too. I think it's a bit deceiving the way it looks empty. Everyone is so spread out. If they only had the one main stage and everyone in there was up against that it would probably be packed.

I think some shows have had GA drop once they realize how much the stage takes up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencemtnkm

I´m gonna stay in mid on first night and soaking it all in as high as a kite in Amsterdam :lol:

Need a tour guide? :wink:

I'll check out if there's a drop later, am tempted to try and get tickets for at least the final night as well. Got them for the first two shows, but every tour sofar they've done special shit on the last night.

Need a tour guide? :wink:

I'll check out if there's a drop later, am tempted to try and get tickets for at least the final night as well. Got them for the first two shows, but every tour sofar they've done special shit on the last night.

AW. My quote is still with you! :love::love:

The only way I'll ever part with it is if they do actually play Hawkmoon live at a show you're at. I'd replace it with a picture of the event occurring. :wink:

Don't think I'll ever change my avatar though. Just can't part with :hmm: Beardy Bono.

The only way I'll ever part with it is if they do actually play Hawkmoon live at a show you're at. I'd replace it with a picture of the event occurring. :wink:

Don't think I'll ever change my avatar though. Just can't part with :hmm: Beardy Bono.

It's very good that I'm done having children in that case. I'll keep the phone at the ready. 'Look at my uterus humping Bono's leg' is trending. Well as long as I'm not bleeding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom