PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it will be a bit cooler in September, dazz. When we were in Ireland this past late June/early July, our hotel in Killarney didn't have A/C. Fortunately, we were able to get a fan to us; otherwise it would have been miserable. If I'm ever lucky enough to go again, I plan to pack along a small fan in my suitcase!

Of course they don't have airconditioning. :p Those few days a year it's warm here we treasure it! Wouldn't want to ruin it by sitting in the cold instead!

I don't think many places in western Europe have airconditioning. I don't recall ever seeing any, well offices and perhaps some fancy hotels, but most probably don't.

July in Switzerland could get warmer due to the land climate, but it hardly ever goes over 30C, just like my country and Ireland as well. Those days are rare anyway, mostly it's 20-25C in summer. The mediterranean coast and south of France, Spain and Portugal often do get much hotter.

Airconditioning is not a thing over here at all. Way to cold moat of the time. Only the Costa del sol kind of places have (terrible) AC.

Hello from Iceland :wave: Right now.

:nerd: what´s airconditioning :whistle::giggle:

yes, very rare to have that under 5 star*ish* hotels, usually reception has fans to give away if needed, meh, we enjoy the rare heat :wink:

:nerd: what´s airconditioning :whistle::giggle:

yes, very rare to have that under 5 star*ish* hotels, usually reception has fans to give away if needed, meh, we enjoy the rare heat :wink:

Yes this very much. :lol: How to recognise the Europeans here..

OMG SUN MUST CHERISH IT NOW

*aaaaand it rains again*

*or snows*

Back from my trip :wave: I had 1 day of sun in iceland , and the rest could be described as a continuous shuffle mode between : Rain, hurricane strength winds ( they warned you not to go out, we went anyway) sleet, hail, fog and snow.
But obviously its what you kinda expect when going to there. It was awesome.

Seeing glaciers and walking on solid ice,
and also saw the aurora!
They also have delicious cinnamon rolls in Iceland (but I believe the recipe is either swedish or danish) So bleeping nice.

This week is so weird!
PSV playing CL today, and I'm probably FINALY moving out my parents house asap. As I have a new job in Belgium.
My brains are dacing on a fine line between panic and exitement .

giphy.gif

Like this?

:lol: Yeah kinda. I Just fixed a place to stay in antwerp untill i found an appartment. Starting next week.

Zookeeping, and at a company I've really wanted to work!:up: Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as I suspect.

Dazz, if you want to go to Paris from Switzerland, take the TGV train! We took it the other way around, from Paris to Geneva, and it was a great ride and very cheap compared to airfare! It takes a few hours though, but there's great scenery! :)

Trains Through europe are Nice and comfy. Much better than the shitty Ryanair flights You would end up otherwise. I agree Gg.

Hello Bonocomet ! Long Time no See. :wave: How are You doing?

:giggle: Don't have a job...

Untill monday :D Then I'll be starting my new one.

Dazz, if you want to go to Paris from Switzerland, take the TGV train! We took it the other way around, from Paris to Geneva, and it was a great ride and very cheap compared to airfare! It takes a few hours though, but there's great scenery! :)

thanks GG!

had started to take a peek at that- train-wise.
Saw from 5hrs + to longer hours.

Done buses part and full way across the USA so this is doable! and I don't want to fly more than I have to EVEN IF I had the $$$! :lol::crack:

Got my tablet full of distracting games to play in "airplane mode"! :lol:

:hyper::applaud::applaud:

wow i was hoping it was Zoo related!

Thanks! I'm so happy! Only goal left is to find a good apartment in the city, that or shared house.

thanks GG!

had started to take a peek at that- train-wise.
Saw from 5hrs + to longer hours.

Done buses part and full way across the USA so this is doable! and I don't want to fly more than I have to EVEN IF I had the $$$! :lol::crack:

Got my tablet full of distracting games to play in "airplane mode"! :lol:

The trains are much more comfy and spacious. :D So exiting you are coming to Europe. If you are ever in Holland I'll gladly show you around:wave:

They had the new star wars movie in the plane to iceland. So I watched that :up: Finn / John Boyega is hilarious. And I loved that -some older characters are in it too-
I'm a sucker for star wars anyway.

:wave: There was no one around the other night when i stopped by.
I'm doing ok. I hope you all are too.
I remember Halley's Comet too, Jj. :D I tried to take photos but they didn't turn out.
Anyone remember the Hale-Bopp Comet? That one was very cool too.
Domo congrats on the new job. That is wonderful! :applaud:
Ah the endless pic-spams, I do remember thee. :cute:

I blame time zones. Glad to seen you pop up on interference again. You have been missed.
I have never seen any Comets , just little meteorite showers. Probably all of those comets passed me by when I wasn't born or too little to understand.

Just had my first day there. Lots of the same stuff. 2 seals, raptors / birds of prey which I had some previous experience. And penguins which are completely new to me. But their food , fish. Isn't new at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom