PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doh :( Big bummer, you'll get your revanche in boston.

Jeevey, I actually forgot about the existence of Lucifers Hands until I read that they played it last night. :uhoh:
Edge and bono sound so great together.

OH I totally forgot I was going to look up that tune for ya!

This is one that reminds me of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJ2BCM19gM

Haven't found the exact piece yet that's nearly an exact copy of Stingray's tune. It wasn't the stage I thought it was so I'm gonna have to look into it more.

Similar, yet still not the piece I'm thinking of. I am pretty sure it was one of the tracks of Melee, so I'll keep checking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNYQbRKBmM

:crack: Going crazy over here, I KNOW I've heard this. For a second I thought it was the Pokemon 1st gen battle theme, while the Super Smash version of that (Poke floats) comes close, it's not what's in my head. One day I shall find the tune I'm thinking of. I know it was game music, and I'm pretty sure it was super smash..

You are not hallucinating. I swear I hear a small part of 1st gen battle theme in it as well. But only a minor part. :lol:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG

There is no describing Montreal this weekend - Mark getting pulled up, Ordinary Love, LUCIFER'S HANDS OUT OF NOWHERE...

ETA: Almost forgot - Bell Centre has a sports bar called La Cage Aux Sports, and as it had an outside entrance you could go inside as long as you had your U2 ticket (and of course bought something). So I'm sitting at the bar with a drink and coming from behind me I could hear a bit of soundcheck... I heard BD, then there was this really rocking song that I couldn't hear Bono singing - and the bar was just noisy enough that I couldn't hear all of the guitar. I thought at the time that it was maybe Crystal Ballroom or Volcano, and when Bono announced they were doing a song they'd never done before I thought he was going to say CB - and then he said Lucifer's Hands and I might have screamed a bit :shifty: (And not had my feet touching the ground for more than 5 seconds at a time the entire song, was jumping around as much as I could being in the seats! Best part was that this was the first time my seats were at the e stage (on Adam's side, 6 rows from floor and a straight line from where the catwalk met the stage), so I had some of the best seats in the house for the whole thing!)

:applaud: So happy for you! Sounds like awesome shows. Maybe we'll get Crystal Ballroom in Boston? :drool:

If they keep up this tempo of introducing new songs into rotation... I bow for my almighty band. They are on a roll.

Can't wait for what they are going to do in Europe. I'm pretty much open for anything setlist wise. I just really REALLY hope Electric Co is a keeper.

I'm hoping for Electric Co and Bad. It would be cool if they brought back Gloria for mommy reasons. :love:

Jeevey, sorry about your divorce and it being nasty.

Yes, that is Tom hardy - Mad Max. He's one of the many men on my list. :shifty:

Gloria :drool: yes! That'd be sick too. As for Bad, I've seen them play it during 360 ... Another amazing rendition of it.. :love: So I've been spoiled to death with that, so lucky.

Wouldn't mind seeing it again ...

And again.

:hug: The positive thinking gets you there. Well done Weldy.

If it was possible I'd win the lottery and book a private u2 gig on a tropical island for you alone, with all of the "gezellige" PGPers and U2 friends I knew. :D But we don't live in that world.

That's sweet of you Domo but I would rather they be in Chicago than on a private island :wink: :hug:

Chris Pratt to smooth for you Ingrid? Or was it the dance off in GOTG that put you off :giggle:

I don't know what it is about him... just... too boyish I guess. Which is odd, as Captain America is smooth as a baby butt yet he's got something around him.. something masculine. I like that. And he's got pretty eyes! :hmm: Guess all I know from Chris Pratt is GOTG and that shows him completely immature.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG

There is no describing Montreal this weekend - Mark getting pulled up, Ordinary Love, LUCIFER'S HANDS OUT OF NOWHERE...

ETA: Almost forgot - Bell Centre has a sports bar called La Cage Aux Sports, and as it had an outside entrance you could go inside as long as you had your U2 ticket (and of course bought something). So I'm sitting at the bar with a drink and coming from behind me I could hear a bit of soundcheck... I heard BD, then there was this really rocking song that I couldn't hear Bono singing - and the bar was just noisy enough that I couldn't hear all of the guitar. I thought at the time that it was maybe Crystal Ballroom or Volcano, and when Bono announced they were doing a song they'd never done before I thought he was going to say CB - and then he said Lucifer's Hands and I might have screamed a bit :shifty: (And not had my feet touching the ground for more than 5 seconds at a time the entire song, was jumping around as much as I could being in the seats! Best part was that this was the first time my seats were at the e stage (on Adam's side, 6 rows from floor and a straight line from where the catwalk met the stage), so I had some of the best seats in the house for the whole thing!)

:hyper: :yippie: :hyper: Drea!!! How wonderful 4 u!

Oh wow! LH!
ah Electric Co. very cool.

July ? 26th for me & mah sis @MSG. :hyper:

and hopefully :pray: in there SOME HOW a GA show for me at MSG

:giggle: I have no idea what Chicago is like.

Chicago is a Wonderful city that I have :( yet to visit. I've visited many of the USA's major cities as part of long(er) trips or in Boston and Phillys' cases dedicated trips. It's the next one on my list ; after a trip back to the Carribean to go into the Clear :love: Turquoise or Teal Water's. San Juan's beaches with the Atlantic waves are/were too strong for the water to be clear stirs up all the sand.

AT LEAST I FINALLY SAW the Turquoise waters contrasting with the Deep Darker Blue with my Own Eyes! :love::love::love:

Hoping to get there within the next year or so...somehow.:fingerscrossed: :D

:wave: Been living in the setlist threads as of late.

Chicago is coming up fast. Can't wait, and yet....so not ready for it to be over. :lol:

Also, for those who may not have heard via twitter or the setlists:
My grandfather passed away late Friday evening. He was 84 and had been battling dementia as well as other issues, so it wasn't unexpected. Just hard. As these things always are. I have never been so grateful for this fandom and this band. They always get me through good times as well as bad times. The memorial services are Thursday, and due to transportation issues I am stuck spending tomorrow night with my sister and her family. They have wifi so I am hoping to be able to do Montreal 4s set as well. It's like therapy and a good ol' Irish wake all at once. :lol:

A huge thanks to everyone out there who was there for me during Montreal 2's setlist party; it meant a lot. :hug:

Hence I made sure to dibs Thor. :wink: Though Mr Evans is a fine specimen as well. You can dibs the other two.

I want Loki. Tom is on my list too. Anyone watch Daredevil?

Psst. I spent my day reading my old fanfic for inspiration and a laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencemtnkm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom