PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well. I bought myself a present today to cheer myself up :up:
I'll live. More worried about Jeevey :hug: Hope everything falls into place like a puzzle for you.

If not. We are going to plot something new for ya.

Grace, who's the man in your siggy? He's been intriguing me for a week now.

Eh, I've been in the process of yucky divorce for over a year, and our final hearing date suddenly came up for tomorrow. Because it's a nasty one it might take more than a day. If it goes into Friday we won't make it to Montreal in time. Booooo.

But yes, there is Boston.

Domo, big hugs on the license. My BIL took four tries and was 29 before he got it because he gets so nervous!! I'm sure you will be okay on the next try. :hug: It looks like Tom Hardy in the sig. Is that right, Grace?

:( that sucks Jeevey. Hope it all gets sorted out soon so you can move on.

My license took 2 tries because of nerves as well, 2nd time I drove with meds, it was blissfully fine. Wish I could've gotten more than 2 pills, haha. Would be useful for presentations and other stuff I get stressed about.

:hug: Jeevey, wow that's terrible timing. But it might be more important to get it over with if its a nasty one.

Well, it's not done but we don't start again until Monday, so it's off to Montreal for me!!

Domo: I'm doing fine at the moment....not upset that I'm not going to see the band this time around (random I know but it's the truth).

:hug: The positive thinking gets you there. Well done Weldy.

If it was possible I'd win the lottery and book a private u2 gig on a tropical island for you alone, with all of the "gezellige" PGPers and U2 friends I knew. :D But we don't live in that world.

*2 and I think we all feel the same here, as we are family, no, not that song, get it out of your head :wink:

:heart:

JJ , the 12nd of june should from now on be declared as Dave Grohl day.

:lol::lol:

Adam Clayton's Hair ‏@ontopofadam · 17h17 hours ago

Glad Dave Grohl is ok but once again the kids gotta stop copying our tricks. It takes a pro like Mr. The Edge to fall off the stage.

HH5Rqkb.jpg

:lol::lol:

Adam Clayton's Hair ‏@ontopofadam · 17h17 hours ago

Glad Dave Grohl is ok but once again the kids gotta stop copying our tricks. It takes a pro like Mr. The Edge to fall off the stage.

CK is that you tweeting ?:lol:

Speaking of Dave Grohl…I just finished watching Montage of Heck. Weird that he wasn't included in the interviews. :huh:

OOh I've been meaning to watch that one myself. Good point. Was it okay?
And yes , weird not including him. But on the other hand, I'd like to see Dave recognized more for what he accomplished without Nirvana.

People always tend to blame him for piggybackriding on Kurts succes. But that's not true. I can see why he himself would avoid taking part in the Rockumentary :hmm: Or they didn't ask him. :hmm:

More likely he refused, I imagine. He wants his own damn career, not to be living in Kurt's shadow, and you can't look good in being compared to a saint.

More likely he refused, I imagine. He wants his own damn career, not to be living in Kurt's shadow, and you can't look good in being compared to a saint.

no, he didn't refuse. Apparently he was on tour and was going to be interviewed after. After seeing the rough cut of the film the director decided to leave it as is.

CK is that you tweeting ?:lol:

OOh I've been meaning to watch that one myself. Good point. Was it okay?
And yes , weird not including him. But on the other hand, I'd like to see Dave recognized more for what he accomplished without Nirvana.

People always tend to blame him for piggybackriding on Kurts succes. But that's not true. I can see why he himself would avoid taking part in the Rockumentary :hmm: Or they didn't ask him. :hmm:

It was good. I was not a Nirvana fan at all back then even though all of my friends were. But I've always been into music documentaries…and I recently discovered I have HBO :reject: :der: so I decided to watch it. I was amazed by all of the home videos they have of him growing up.

Oh, neat. Thanks! I wonder how Dave felt about that in the end.

Yeah I still think the director should have made more of an effort to get some sort of present day interview with him. Krist Novoselic isn't in it that much but it was still nice to see him make an appearance. Same with Kurt's sister, dad and stepmom. Barely in it but spoke enough to get their point across. It was mainly Courtney and Kurt's mom.

The only thing I didn't like, and I hope I'm not giving anything away here by saying this because we all know Kurt's dead, but the film ends very abruptly. I distinctly remember being at a friends house watching MTV when a very distraught Kurt Loder interrupted whatever program we were watching to break the news that Kurt was dead. And then being glued to MTV for days watching any news we could get about his death, including the letter Courtney read to the fans. I was sort of expecting that to be the way the film ends but it doesn't. It focuses on his overdose in Rome, then it goes to the MTV Unplugged show, and then a blurb on the screen says how and when Kurt dies and that's it. So very weird….

I'd probably watch it too see the childhood home videos they showed during the trailer myself. I'm way to young to be a "real" nirvana fan. But I always dig their music. So I'll watch it soon.

Also CK sorry to hear about the passing away of your family member :hug: May you find comfort in the music, your family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom